In recent times, we’ve seen a big shift in attitudes towards cannabis and cannabis-based products all over the world. In the past, people were hesitant to even discuss cannabis or hemp, but thanks to modern scientific discoveries and an ever-growing body of evidence to demonstrate the benefits of key ingredients like CBD, opinions are changing in a major way.
One of the biggest areas in which this can be seen is in the CBD industry. CBD, or cannabidiol, is a naturally occurring chemical compound, known as a cannabinoid, that can be extracted from industrial hemp plants and used to make all kinds of products, from CBD bath bombs and CBD topicals to CBD dog treats and CBD oil tincture products too.
These products can be used in a wide range of different ways, and one of the most popular and versatile offerings of them all is CBD oil. Produced by extracted CBD and other cannabinoids from the hemp plant matter and then diluting them in a carrier oil, CBD oil can be dropped under the tongue, consumed in drinks and edibles, or added to creams and lotions. This guide will explain some of its many benefits.
- Pain Relief – One of the best-known benefits of CBD oil is its power to soothe aches and pains all through the body. There are many reasons why you might be struggling with aches and pains, such as back pain, nerve pain, muscle pain, or migraines, and CBD oil can help to alleviate your suffering and get your life back on track.
- Inflammation Relief – Another way in which CBD oil can help people who may be suffering from certain health conditions or diseases is by soothing and easing inflammation in various areas like joints, ligaments, and muscles. This makes it a very effective complementary treatment for conditions like arthritis.
- Easing Nausea – Nausea is a very unpleasant sensation that can be commonly experienced by cancer patients undergoing radiation therapy or chemotherapy, as well as being a symptom and side effect of many other conditions too. CBD oil has been proven to ease the feeling of nausea and help people feel more comfortable.
- Stress and Anxiety – CBD oil is able to offer mental health benefits in addition to physical benefits, and it can assist with soothing the negative effects of common mental health problems like stress and anxiety. Given that stress is a major health problem in the US and other countries, this is a very important benefit of CBD oil.
- Depression – Stress, and anxiety aren’t the only mental health issues that can be eased and treated with the aid of CBD oil. Depression, a condition that affects a huge percentage of the population, can also be eased with CBD, as it helps to promote more positive moods and feelings of general well-being and relaxation.
- Epilepsy and Seizures – Some studies have even shown that CBD can be effective in the treatment of conditions like epilepsy or other health problems which may lead to seizures. Research shows that CBD can help to reduce both the severity and the frequency of these kinds of seizures.
- Autism – People on the autistic spectrum may sometimes struggle with anxiety and fear in certain social situations or other scenarios. Studies have shown that regular use of CBD oil can help autistic individuals manage these challenging situations with greater comfort and ease.
- Brain Health – Over time, the health of the brain naturally deteriorates, as the body is unable to repair damage as efficiently and produce healthy new brain cells to replace those that have died. This can lead to conditions like Alzheimer’s and dementia in later life, but studies have shown that CBD oil offers neuroprotective properties to delay the onset of these conditions and help the brain stay strong.
These are just some of the many benefits associated with CBD oil and other CBD products, and there are many more which could be added to the list, with ongoing scientific studies trying to explore even more unknown and potential advantages and uses of cannabidiol.
It’s clear to see, therefore, that CBD is one of the most versatile and effective health and wellness ingredients of modern times. It can even be used to treat a range of physical, mental, and behavioral disorders in pets like cats and dogs too, which is why the CBD pet treat market is growing so quickly.
With minimal risks of side effects and a wide range of potential applications, CBD oil can change lives for the better and is certainly worth considering as a complementary treatment for your own health conditions, or as a simple wellness supplement.