Peach and Whiskey Chicken

9 Jan

How good was this, you ask?

Well…it made John do this face…

Is that good? You know what? The more I look at it, the more I’m not so sure. This is what we like to call sleep-eating.

Jetlag is STILL busting my balls. For me, it usually starts a week after coming home. And it’s the same evvvvvery time. I get home and say “MAN! I am feelin’ gooooooOOOOd!” Then the following week I am watching brutal murders and solving crimes at 3am on Investigation Discovery. “Who the [bleep] Did I Marry?” has to be one of my favorites. It’s the same EVERY. time. “I had wished and prayed I would finna man and den bam he just came into mah life and i was like whoa i’ms gonna murry him!” Then the narrator says, “Linda and Roger were married a few weeks after meeting. She had no idea that the second they married, he would becoming controlling and cold…”. Oh you mean in the 3 fucking weeks you dated you had no idea he could be a totally different person from the sweetheart that shared his riblets at Applebees with you?? What a surprise!!

Anyhow, the point is, I had every plan in the world to create a normal dinner for John and I last Saturday night. But we found ourselves “resting our eyes” at 3pm, then waking up at 11pm.

Now, this dish takes 2 hours. IT’S WORTH IT, trust me. And an hour and a half of that is baking time. But since we woke up feeling fresh as a daisy, why not enjoy our night awake with a delicious meal rather than…I dunno….watch a show that matches sweatshirt fibers and semen.

Pictures? Pictures:

chicken thighs and drums getting a little sear action in some butter and oil…thank you kris, for the apron!

thank god this I knew this was raw inside. dish woulda been consumed from smell alone.

Adding some (a lot) of Jack Daniels to the onions…even IIII knew this was a lot of whiskey, and my body is made of alcohol.

recipe says to add your favorite BBQ sauce, ours is definitely Slick’s — get it here!

chicken back into the cast-iron dish and into the oven!

As that bakes, time for the veggies…

Roasted carrots, sliced horizontally and coated in olive oil, thyme and salt and pepper. Simple and THEEEE best, here.

Then, the sad part. There’s always a sad part with me…

Oh my! Look at all this delicious spinach! I sure can’t wait to sauté some spinach in some garlicy goodness!

Oh cool! I wish I had more tiny babies laying around the house with tiny spoons so I could feed them this tiny puddle of delicious spinach!

Sauteed it with some random cabbage from my fridge and added my ugly, yet delicious, carrots. I would give you the sautéed spinach and cabbage recipe but I’m trying to maintain SOME aura of quality food here so…no way. It wasn’t even up to sodelushious standards. I have standards! Can you believe it?

Back to the chicken…

ain’t it purdy!

aaaah. I love it when the chicken and the bone break up. hopefully they still remain good friends, for the sake of the spinach. Whose fault it was.

Need I say more? This is good. GREAT. I’m not kidding. It was so good that we ate it at 1am, and then I made it again later for football Sunday. It was attacked sooner than I could get a piece.

Recipe, of course, by the pioneer woman herself. Now giddy up!

(NOTE: I don’t know why I have to say this, but this is not the whole recipe. I didn’t take pics of me pouring the peach preserves in, no. Look at the link. Look. At the link. Thank you and enjoy!)

66 Responses to “Peach and Whiskey Chicken”

1. thedancingrunner January 9, 2012 at 4:24 pm #

Um, so making this!!! Love the fresh veggies on the side.

My boyfriend makes this brown sugar chicken that is amazing! I will have to pry the recipe out of him and give it to you. :-)

2. beer January 9, 2012 at 4:26 pm #

Looks great, but I think you went a little overboard with the scallions in the garnishing.

3. Camilla January 9, 2012 at 4:26 pm #

you’ve got me drooling at my desk, woman.

need to make this asap.

theres nothing i love more than jack daniels in everything.

4. Sarah January 9, 2012 at 4:27 pm #

This looks wonderful! Also, I made The Pioneer Woman’s BBQ Bacon Sliders last night and they made my fiance very happy before he had to leave for deployment today… sad face. I’m going to make her Fettuccine Alfredo tonight and I just might eat the entire pound of pasta to try and help fill the void.

Thank you again for posting her site! I’m glad I’ll have so many recipes to keep myself busy with while my navy man is away :)

5. Annie January 9, 2012 at 4:28 pm #

Hey chrissy, recipe looks and sounds great. Is it just me? I missed the peaches…. Are there supposed to be peaches?

• anne maree January 18, 2012 at 3:15 am #

ok, i just read the note at the bottom…. I am sorry if this was a very dumb question. I suppose that it has to do with the fact that I am Australian and am totally unfamiliar with such a recipe. So my apologies for being stupid. And Australian. sorry.

• chrissyteigen January 20, 2012 at 9:59 am #

you aren’t stupid! i added the note because so many people asked :)

• Annie January 21, 2012 at 5:12 pm #

Ok, thanks, I’m glad it’s not just me. *takes paradoid pill* I will make tonight and tweet you a pic!

6. Becky C January 9, 2012 at 4:28 pm #

This looks good. Im gonna make it next week but for now I have more important things to organise for like a trip to New York this weekend. Which leads me to my off the wall question pour vous… Travelling from this weekend from Ireland. Any reccomendations regards eateries or general New Yorkness would be much appreciated!

7. Christina January 9, 2012 at 4:28 pm #

Ahh the late night cook. Been there, done that. Sad to say that my boyfriend is a video gamer, up until like 9 in the morning sometimes totally messing up everyones sleeping schedules. Boo hiss. Anyways, back to the the post. Yum! Do you think I could make it with cut up chicken breasts instead of wings? I have picky eaters in the house that hate eating off the bone, or with fingers. Lazy jerks. How much would that mess up the flavor profile?

• chrissyteigen January 9, 2012 at 4:33 pm #

meh. you just don’t get that delicious greasiness that comes with a good ol piece of dark meet right off the bone. The sauce has awesome flavor though so it will still be good!

8. Siobahn January 9, 2012 at 4:29 pm #

Thanks to your amazing photography skills I just got fired from my job for molesting my computer. I swore I could smell the chicken through my screen and thought it’d be beneficial to lick my monitor. But hey, no worries! At least i know what i’m gonna try for dinner. Thanks Chrissy for another seemingly user friendly dish (for the gourmet challenged). I can’t wait to try it!

9. Guy Martial January 9, 2012 at 4:30 pm #

wow. that looks delicious. That’s what I’m trying tonight. Thank you for giving me an idea for dinner.

10. Leslie January 9, 2012 at 4:35 pm #

Your poor little spinach is cracking me up, but who hasn’t done that before? The chicken looks deeeelish though!

11. Dominick S (@dsantosla) January 9, 2012 at 4:39 pm #

A strong portion of the Itis …

12. Jamila January 9, 2012 at 4:41 pm #

Look amazing! Why the eff does this always happen with spinach? Made Kale soup this weekend – same thing. Clearly my comprehension skills are off when it comes to measuring leafy items… I feel like Dr. Evil. “1 MILLION DOLLARS”

13. Cristina January 9, 2012 at 4:43 pm #

I love your ability to capture faces while eating. I spy a coffee table book in your future.

14. beer January 9, 2012 at 4:51 pm #

I apologize for maybe sounding rude in my comment, my extreme dislike of scallions got the best of me! Look forward to more great dishes in the future:)

• chrissyteigen January 9, 2012 at 4:52 pm #

if you like scallions, you like scallions. nobody likes a know-it-all! i appreciate it :)

15. Karina January 9, 2012 at 5:05 pm #

Thought I should tell you that I hate cooking. I’ve been saying this for the last 19 years, since I started cooking for my family at the age of 11 (I’m Dominican, they start us early).

That said, you’ve performed a minor miracle and you’ve actually infused an interest and a joy in cooking in me that I thought was not possible. Started with the apple dumplings (can’t mess that up), to banana pudding, to most recently, the herbed baked eggs. I’m sticking to the easy recipes for now, but I can honestly say I’m excited to try this recipe and will be making it this week for the BF for sure.

Anyway, thanks for the inspiration, and if I may be so bold, please keep the alcohol-as-key-ingredient recipes coming :)

16. Sasha Friedman January 9, 2012 at 5:19 pm #

Chrissy – I know this is creepy because we don’t know each other, but we have a TON in common. No, I’m not a stunningly gorgeous supermodel, but I wanted to be when I was a kid.Then I stopped growing at 5 feet tall. So I did the next best thing, went to pastry school after college. I also have a frenchie puppy named Reggie that drives me insane. No butt infections, but he has everything else, including conjunctivitis in both eyes and has to wear a blue pool float around his head, unlike other dogs who get to wear cones. I’d send you a picture, but I really can’t figure out twitter. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I live in NYC and just quit my job to become a baker full time out of my apartment. I want to make erotic cakes and cookies (among other things). Just had to share… I love your blog, keep it up! Oh, and totally trying this recipe, my alcohol of choice is Jack and Diet. Keeping it classy…

17. Jesse January 9, 2012 at 5:24 pm #

That does look awfully good. I wonder if anyone’s tried it pork butt (a.k.a. shoulder) because it sounds like an amazing base for some pulled pork sandwiches.

18. Lauren January 9, 2012 at 5:26 pm #

I cannot wait to make this Thursday (my only day off in 9 days). Looks freaking delicious.

19. malloryhopedesign January 9, 2012 at 5:28 pm #

I honestly love this blog, thanks for helping me procrastinate at work and plan dinner all at the same time.

I’m a graphic designer and would LOVE to redesign your blog (to something other than a WordPress template…though you picked the best one!!). Let me know if you’d like to spice it up :)

20. Jamila January 9, 2012 at 5:36 pm #

^ moron

21. Stephanie January 9, 2012 at 5:36 pm #

I spy an engagement ring :) giving us the middle finger of course…

22. Nicole January 9, 2012 at 5:47 pm #

Your chicken looks EXACTLY like what the Pioneer Woman made. Awesome job!! :)

23. Kailey (SnackFace) January 9, 2012 at 5:56 pm #

GIRL. So I am 100 percent in love with your blog and I don’t even eat meat. (I know.) I just love your energy and writing voice oh-so-much! It’s refreshing as one who’s been involved in the food blog world for almost three years!

ANYWAY. I just stumbled across this recipe and thought you would l.o.v.e. it (even though you’re a low-carb deev, I still think you’d dig it): http://spoonforkbacon.com/2012/01/baked-egg-boats/ Seriously.

24. Leigh-Leigh January 9, 2012 at 6:19 pm #

This is one of your best postings ever. I especially love the way you unloaded on that shrunken spinach.

25. Moc January 9, 2012 at 6:22 pm #

Chicken looks super delicious and a serious LOL about the spinach!!

26. Alyssa January 9, 2012 at 6:33 pm #

Telling us it’s not the whole recipe leaves a lot of room for interpretation. I can only assume we start by planting carrot seeds…no buying the carrot seeds…no going to the store….HELP I NEED DIRECTION

27. Karina January 9, 2012 at 6:46 pm #

Is it possible to block on this site? Don’t need Chloe messing up my happy flow right now. Or ever.

28. Jessica Rae Luck January 9, 2012 at 7:15 pm #

If I don’t eat meat, can I replace the chicken with avocado?

29. Rosemary M. January 9, 2012 at 7:40 pm #

Morons like Chloe shouldn’t be posting stuff here!

Looks amazing!!! I will definitely try this one. Have you ever baked simple bacon wrapped crab meat? You love bacon and this takes 2 seconds & 2 ingredients to make! Try it..

Ingredients:
    Crab Meat
    Bacon

Directions:

Wrap crab w/ bacon. Bake until crispy.

THE END :) xo

30. @seymoursfatlady January 9, 2012 at 8:03 pm #

Way to ruin the name Chloe. I will now always and forever hate my god daughter.

• jen January 9, 2012 at 9:29 pm #

ha! you (and this chicken) just made my night. chloe- the internet hates you. you’re like a crazy lady who cuts up her bedspread to make purses.

31. Cole January 9, 2012 at 8:25 pm #

1. You’re a douche
    Dos. That’s 2 in Spanish
    3. Who the hell do you think you are?

You are so jealous/insecure it’s sad. You’re so sad :(

Just wanted to point THAT out.

32. Cole January 9, 2012 at 8:27 pm #

Mmmmm!! I can’t wait to try the BBQ sauce you recommended.

33. Donca January 9, 2012 at 9:30 pm #

So is Slick’s better than Sweet Baby Ray’s? If so that is saying something because sweet baby ray’s is pretty amazing.

34. Zoe January 9, 2012 at 9:42 pm #

YUmm that looks so good! and that apron is too cute!
    xo
    Z

35. Mai January 9, 2012 at 10:05 pm #

OYYY this made my tummy grumble at late hours…. Seeing as I am a fail in the kitchen, your cooking inspires me to don an apron and try. I might start with the roasted carrots…. it seems doable enough.

I have been on a brussels sprouts and beets kick!? any yummy takes on the two?

I love following your blog and your food journey… I have it in my mind to pull a Julie & Julia… but a Mai & Chrissy.

Thanks for being silly, awesome and creative! and I know I am very late but congrats!!

36. Tierney January 9, 2012 at 11:52 pm #

Chrissy! You post all of this delicious food and it makes me smile because you’re a model- not one of those ‘oh no, I don’t eat’ model- but a real person!
    But, I know you must workout sometimes. Now, I am a foodie myself but, I work out a lot. What kind of stuff does your trainer put you through during a pre-shoot workout? I would really appreciate some tips =)

37. Annaciara (@ciara_robbins) January 10, 2012 at 12:01 am #

This post is an embarrassment…

Not because it isn’t good, but because I just licked the screen.

Do you have any tips or could you do a blog post about how to cook salmon/a good salmon recipe? I’m a college student from Oklahoma, so I’m generally stuck with frozen salmon (sad, I know) and not a whole lot of cooking utensils. I love salmon and have tried to bake it, George Foreman grill it, baked it in foil, Googled tips & tried again, and the “skin” still cooks into it and its just all-around bad. Would love some direction.

38. Melissa January 10, 2012 at 1:11 am #

“Oh you mean in the 3 fucking weeks you dated you had no idea he could be a totally different person from the sweetheart that shared his riblets at Applebees with you??”

ha. Some females just blow my mind.

39. Peppercorn Paprikash January 10, 2012 at 9:30 am #

Oh Chrissy Y U DO DIS 2 ME?! I will try to make this tomorrow. Maybe I will let you know how it goes. Maybe I will have died and gone to fat happy heaven.

40. Sarah January 10, 2012 at 10:12 am #

Made this last night with sugar free peach preserves and
    it was fabulous!!!

41. Lesley O'Neill (@lesleyaoneill) January 10, 2012 at 10:50 am #

I made this Saturday night too! Found the link to pioneer woman through you (so thank you thank you!) because normally I get all my recipes from your site (so hopefully that is some small indication of why you should follow your cooking dreams!) And it was soo delushious-although I wish I had waited for your interpretation, my friends brought over mashed potatoes to have with it which went very well and all but those roasted carrots look SO good-and a lot healthier hah.

42. Kerri Fourez January 10, 2012 at 12:29 pm #

I am so embarassed and ashamed to say I’ve never heard to this magical person called The Pioneer Woman until I started reading your blog!!!!!! I cannot thank you enough for introducing me to my new person to obsess over. I think you are her long lost sister, I love both of your personalitites and the way you blog. Thank you Chrissy!!!

- Kerri

43. Beth January 10, 2012 at 5:49 pm #

I have to tell you….I enjoy you so :) Your sense of humor is the best, your food blog is great and your tweets are funnier than any other. Congratulations on your engagement to John….you compliment each other to the finest…he with his musical talent, you with your cooking talent and both of you with your intelligence and good looks. May you have many many years of happiness. ( P.S. my daughter has a very similar sense of humor to you and loves to cook. She also went to Tanzania with Cross CUltural Solutions and worked with Primary school children…hence, I am a fan of both you and John). I do suggest you have a cooking show….

44. Lauren January 12, 2012 at 3:36 pm #

What happens if I throw in a handful of brown sugar (to the sauce)???

45. Barbi Slick January 13, 2012 at 12:54 am #

Thank you Chrissy! You ROCK girlfriend!!! Glad you and John like the Slick’s Snake River Stampede BBQ sauces! We would LOVE to come BBQ for you guys sometime! (really!) Or you have an Open Invitation to come here (Portland) anytimee!
    Huggles,
    Barbi Slick

46. Lyndsay @lyndsaykc January 13, 2012 at 2:35 pm #

This looks yummy, I will be making it for the boys!! I finally tried the chipotle marinade and LOVED it! Can’t wait to try it on fish and shrimp. Absolutely love your blog! c:

47. Anna January 14, 2012 at 5:35 am #

Making this tonight! But I wonder if I could chop up some red chilies to add to the sauce for a nice sweet/boozy/spicy flavor? Do you think it would work?

48. DBZ January 16, 2012 at 6:42 am #

Thank you for turning us on to this recipe. Made it yesterday – SO GREAT! I also had a lot of fun reading Ree’s website. She’s not as funny as you, but you’ve both provided lots of enjoyment. Keep the entertainment coming!

49. Zizwe Awuor Vundla January 16, 2012 at 9:10 am #

This is REALLY good – i was less healthy than you & made it with mash like on The Pioneer Woman website and it was SO yum. The sauce & the potatoes & THE CHICKEN! For next time i make it, thinking of swapping the peach preserves with a South African staple – Mrs Balls Mango Chutney (yes that’s its real name & we are almost as possessive of this as we are of our Nandos chicken ;). Anyway i think the sweet yet spicy mango chutney will really add a nice flavor to this. I will report back on the experiment.

Also ordered Pioneer Woman’s cookbook off Amazon so can’t wait for that.

50. Chris January 18, 2012 at 12:41 pm #

I made this last night. I used boneless chicken thighs, not ideal. Still amazingly good but next time I will use a whole chicken cut up or just dark meat. I also used Honey Jack Daniels as it was all I had on hand. Dish was so amazingly good that I literally licked the plate clean and i’m not ashamed to say it. Thanks Chrissy!

51. Babygirlzi January 21, 2012 at 9:37 am #

Giiirl you are my new muse!!..I am here dying with laughter at your imitations of your late night shows, and loving the recipes, I will be trying one each week. The chicken looks soo good, and the carrots baked??? Who would have thunk it!! Can’t wait to try it.. You rock!!
    You are gorg, funny, and a chef!! You go girlll

Love @babygirlZi xx

52. kenziatieno January 22, 2012 at 4:32 pm #

I made this for dinner today. It turned out awesome. Thanks for sharing.

53. Barbara Rogers February 3, 2012 at 9:41 pm #

Made the carrots tonight as a side dish. They were great and easy! Even tasted good with dried thyme as I did not have any fresh. Thanks!

54. Jessica Barrett February 26, 2012 at 10:09 pm #

Holy shit this was good. I had plate lickers tonight, it was that big of a hit!

55. Adhari May 23, 2012 at 1:35 pm #

omg.com i know this is super late but i need to make this ASAP

56. kazekitty July 3, 2012 at 1:40 pm #

This looks insanely delicious!! I need to find one of these chefs friends of mine who will make it for me.

57. ロレックス エクスプローラ October 10, 2013 at 9:35 pm #

ロレックス 時計 レディース 人気 ロレックス エクスプローラ http://www.nv34.com/

58. nellapet April 14, 2014 at 1:15 am #

Reblogged this on nellapet's Blog.

1. Peach Whiskey Barbeque Chicken « Moxie Foodie - January 13, 2012

[...] The house smelled amazing tonight. All thanks to Chrissy’s Entry can be found here (Click Me) [...]

2. IT HURTS! « So Delushious ! - May 5, 2012