Chrissy’s Top-Secret Whoopie Pie Recipe DONOTFORWARD

25 Aug

One of the best desserts I have ever, ever made:

Let’s discuss.

First of all, I cannot believe that I JUST bought my first roll of Silpat. I guess I have been pretty content with just using wax paper or my baking spray…but this thing is WONDERFULLLLL. It will make your cookie bottoms look so beautiful that you’ll want to serve them upside down. Find it here!

Ok so they aren’t perfectly round. By the time I mixed up the batter, I was about 6 glasses in. I schlepped that crap on the silpat and threw it in the oven.

Each little mound, while looking cow-pie-ish, yes, was perfectly fluffy and not like a dense cookie at all. Something I think we all look for in our whoopie pies? Oh this is me pretending we all eat whoopie pies.

Ready for the secret recipe? I am hesitant to share but I feel bad for leaving you for so long so here….

Pillsbury Whoopie Pie Funfetti Kit. Available at most grocery stores. BUT, I did replace the vanilla frosting with cream cheese frosting. AND USED MY OWN SPRINKLES.

So if you have 6 bucks and 15 minutes lying around, they were delicious.

x

15 Responses to “Chrissy’s Top-Secret Whoopie Pie Recipe DONOTFORWARD”

1. cc August 25, 2011 at 11:47 pm #

I totally understand how busy you must be!! You are soo funny! I really love your sense of humor!!! You make me laugh so much! And that you love food as much as I do! Take care!

2. JalensMama August 26, 2011 at 9:41 am #

Pillsbury has a Whoopie Pie mix now?? Sigh… Looks like Whoopie Pies have jumped the shark! Oh well, at least now I have a chance of actually making them and having them come out semi edible! :-)

3. actorsdiet August 26, 2011 at 11:27 am #

i love whoopie pies! when i was a camper in maine we had them all the time.

4. Kelley August 26, 2011 at 11:45 am #

I love your blog, i want to do my own Pizza taste test, but I live in NYC and i could litteraly eat pizza till i die, guess I have to start!! Check out my blog too, i think you’ll like it. Creationsinkellskitchen.blogspot.com. I hardly have any dessert recipes tho….maybe I need to add Whoopie Pies!

5. Beth August 26, 2011 at 5:49 pm #

Love it! Always get these in Maine…love whoopie pies. Thanks for sharing:)

6. Miss_Classy August 26, 2011 at 6:31 pm #

hahaha Oh Miss Chrissy you are way too adorable :D Whoopie pies are the best! Yuum! Craving some now D:

7. Becky C August 28, 2011 at 8:28 pm #

Can you please tell me where your shirt dress is from? I love it!

8. kait August 31, 2011 at 2:33 pm #

you should tell us your makeup, skincare and workout routine! you’re so gorgeous!!

9. m dog September 1, 2011 at 10:10 am #

chrissy!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MISS YOU!!!! and goooooood luck with your audition. i only wish you the BEST! damn, lotta exclamation marks.

10. Ron September 2, 2011 at 4:51 pm #

silpat? never heard of it. Where do you get it? I use parchment paper for all cookies. Nothing sticks and makes the bottom perfect, also you can re use it. Hey could you put john’s fried chicken recipe on here? tyty

11. dawn September 3, 2011 at 8:20 am #

i just read all your blog entries…MOAR PLS
    oh and your chipotle marinade is life changing
    i feel like i can cook now

12. Rachel September 6, 2011 at 2:12 pm #

Let me tell you all of the Chrissy Teigen inspired things I have done in your blogging absence: purchased 2 silpats, made 3 gallon bags worth of chipotle marinade, baked cajun catfish, scrambled eggs with pesto and ate the bacon before it made it to the plate, sliced many avocados and then sprinkled them with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Impressed by your influence? I am. Can’t wait for you to start blogging again.

13. Rui De Castro Guimarães September 10, 2011 at 1:15 pm #

You’re the Nazz!…iLicious

14. Nicc September 11, 2011 at 12:40 am #

Ba ha ha ha Love it. Think i’m going to have to make cookie ice cream sandy’s for dessert. YUM!!!