Yes…still on this stupid diet which actually isn’t so stupid anymore since it’s actually working. I suppose it’s just stupid because I hate being the kind of person who has to say things like “instead of the potatoes, do you think you could bring me steamed veggies?” …GOD I HATE BEING LIKE THIS. I really do. Please believe me or I will strangle you. Even though I would probably strangle you either way since my body is lacking carbs which makes me terribly irritable.
I’ve found myself at home more, since I don’t go out for elaborate meals with friends and drink margaritas that cause me to have “second dinner” at 1am at some fluorescently-lit corner pizza joint. So when I find a recipe like this, that makes me forget those nights existed, I share : )
Found it from googling “baked catfish”. I’m a genius like that.
Here are my photos, then the recipe is below. REALLY ridiculously simple and completely satisfying.
ten minutes later…
Baked Cajun Catfish, recipe from allrecipes.com:
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (8 ounce) fillets catfish
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; brush over both sides of fish.
- Place fish in a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 450 degrees F for 10-13 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.