Oh hi!

19 Sep

Screen Shot 2013-09-19 at 6.56.16 PM

It’s been a while but rather than address it, let’s pretend I never left (like your dad!) (yikes) (jk)

So we are in bliss. Obviously so happy, but more than that, SO HUNGRY.

“What are you doing to get ready for the wedding?” was a question I dreaded answering, because there is nothing I hate more than diet talk . But I’ve decided the only thing worse than diet talk are people pretending they eat whatever they want, whenever they want, and still look good. Lying. Bastards.

Before the wedding, I decided I would stop with the low-carb. I mean, it works for a bit. But hello. The fact I could eat 10 pounds of bacon and not a piece of pineapple — well that was a bit insane. I ate normally, incorporated grains that I am ashamed to even know the names of, and…..WORKED. OUT. I actually kind of got on a workout kick. The worst part of working out ended up being the drive there (I was in LA a lot, and going to Physique 57 — a barre class I LOVE– which was in Beverly Hills AKA not close to me) but man. I was really proud of myself. I remember waking up at 6am on a Sunday. A GOD DAMN SUNDAY, and having John look at me and say, “who. are. you.” I was on a mission. I even bought weights online that I never used and simply stared at while in bed, playing Mario. That’s something, right?

Anyhoo, every single workout, every single time I turned down the pasta for a kale salad…every time we had a bbq and I sat on my bed telling myself ribs aren’t even that delicious, I said to myself, “A few more weeks, Chrissy. Then anything goes.”

And holy shit. Everything is going. Everything is going inside me. Go ahead and say it. Because that is. what she said.

I’m taking pictures of every meal I can. At this very moment, I am full of minestrone, bread, and vodka soda. I am laying next to John here in Capri and want to share as much as possible with you. I’ve missed you.

Thank you so much for all the well-wishes. As long as we were already together, it’s still nice to look over and see a ring on his finger. I hope to fatten him up so much on this trip that it is impossible for him to ever remove it.

Love you guys. Happy to be back.

And for the record, that is a ginormous carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. We cut it, it fell on the floor, rolled around, and John fed it to me. We then did the one thing I swore we wouldn’t do — the face shove.

Twas an amazing night.

132 Responses to “Oh hi!”

1. laineyawade September 19, 2013 at 1:13 pm #

I love you so much chrissy<3

2. whoisrayelkins September 19, 2013 at 1:16 pm #

Awesome! Congrats. We don’t want to see JL fat though. But hey, a thick Thai girl wouldn’t be so bad. LOL!

3. Carey_PA September 19, 2013 at 1:16 pm #

mmmmm I love carrot cake! It looks delish! I’m glad you guys had an awesome time. We were dying for some pics. All I saw was a pic of the back of your sis’s head Bow (well that’s the poker name we call her lol) you and others know her as Cindy.

I’m the one she texted you in regards to those blueprint cleanse juices…..(I actually tried 2 and they weren’t bad oddly enough lol)

Congratulations to you and John! Now…..EAT UP GIRL! lol

Carey aka ibyprprty (for my poker friends lol)

4. Molly Mandje September 19, 2013 at 1:16 pm #

Congrats! <3 <3 <3

5. Candice September 19, 2013 at 1:17 pm #

the joy i experienced upon seeing the link to this post..is just..well somewhat embarrassing and i don’t care i’m so happy for you goddammit. allllll of the love.

6. arvellehodge September 19, 2013 at 1:18 pm #

Congratulations! We have really missed you girl.

7. Haylie Fought September 19, 2013 at 1:19 pm #

You are so amazing. So happy for you!

8. Christinecam@comcast.net September 19, 2013 at 1:19 pm #

CONGRATS! Your a beautiful young lady and an honest women. Thanks for always sharing.

Christine

9. Rosemary September 19, 2013 at 1:19 pm #

Congratulations!!! I asked you to blog about your wedding food but man I didn’t know it was going to be a wedding filled with amazing food in Italy!!! I’m so excited and I’m getting married soon so I’m on this eat good kick too and I hate it bc it’s fall and I want pumpkin everything. So happy for you. You looked radiant!! Congrats Mrs. Legend.. haha jk I know it’s not Mrs. Legend but it sounds good!

10. Karmen September 19, 2013 at 1:19 pm #

Love the photo!!!! You look absolutely stunning! I’m so happy for you! Thanks for keeping us up to date :) <3

11. Martha Gabbie (@marthagetsit) September 19, 2013 at 1:20 pm #

Congratulations Chrissy! We all missed you so much! You looked absolutely beautiful! And that picture is priceless. Haha. Have fun in Capri and putting everything you want in and around your mouth.
    As soon as your honeymoon is over I hope to see more blog posting, recipes and wedding pictures. Love you! Kisses!!

12. Chels September 19, 2013 at 1:20 pm #

Yay!!! so funny, you are amazing. Have a wonderfully relaxing honeymoon!

13. Christine September 19, 2013 at 1:20 pm #

Congratulations, Chrissy! I’m so happy for you! And I just bought tickets to your hubby’s concert in Las Vegas! You guys are so cute! If I ever get to shake hands with John, I’m going to tell him how much I love reading everything you write :P

14. Allison September 19, 2013 at 1:21 pm #

this is everything. go eat pasta girl, go eat it.

15. wildbluewonder September 19, 2013 at 1:22 pm #

Congratulations, you two!!! What a gorgeous AND adorably fun photo! <3

16. Renee September 19, 2013 at 1:23 pm #

…but Chrissy, what happened to the crepe cake? I was waiting in bated breath (baited?) or whatever it is… Aaah! What else was on the wedding reception menu?

• chrissyteigen September 19, 2013 at 1:30 pm #

at the last minute, we found out that a crepe cake just couldn’t be very big without toppling. too bad!!!

• Renee September 19, 2013 at 1:53 pm #

Glad you found a replacement cake that still isn’t too sweet for you :) looking forward to more blog posts from your food-cation honeymoon!

• Andrea September 19, 2013 at 4:15 pm #

I was wondering the same thing about the crepe cake – too bad it didn’t work out, but the cake you guys had looks phenomenal!! LOVE it :)

17. Sharon Swanson September 19, 2013 at 1:24 pm #

ENJOY!!

18. Lauren D September 19, 2013 at 1:24 pm #

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Oh how we have missed you here on the blog, but your wedding diet/workout routine seems to have worked because you look amazzzzziiinng in that gorgeous dress! can’t wait to read some more about your culinary experiences…oh, and married life! Get ready because it’s an adventure and a fantastic one. Happy honeymoon!

19. Beth September 19, 2013 at 1:25 pm #

congratulations to you and John! you both looked stunning. bring me back a doggie bag from Italy, please. thanks.

20. hopefulandhungry September 19, 2013 at 1:26 pm #

Congratulations! I can’t wait to see all of the wonderful food you are now enjoying. You look beautiful like always! I can’t wait to hear all about the wedding/honeymoon!

21. Lena September 19, 2013 at 1:27 pm #

YAY!!!!!!!!! An update! I was literally JUST reading through your archive this morning because I’ve missed you. I am surprised (and happy) to see an update. xo

22. Caroline Page (@cpage83) September 19, 2013 at 1:28 pm #

Congratulations to you both! You look absolutely gorgeous :) Many well wishes for a happy married life!

23. Kate September 19, 2013 at 1:29 pm #

Love it. Thanks for sharing :) happy people make me happy.

24. thedancingrunner September 19, 2013 at 1:30 pm #

You look so beautiful, Chrissy! Love that dress!! Congrats to you and John!!! xoxo

25. RaquelSG (@RaqSG) September 19, 2013 at 1:31 pm #

Mission accomplished! CONGRATS and greetings from Spain.

26. Nicole September 19, 2013 at 1:31 pm #

Thanks for the update, Mrs. Legend! :) 6 am on a Sunday?? Wow! Mission accomplished, you looked absolutely gorgeous!

27. Patricia September 19, 2013 at 1:31 pm #

CONGRATULATIONS!!! So excited to see you update your blog! Hope that this continues! Twitter and instagram are nice but it’s different on your blog!!! Weve missed you!

28. Ariel September 19, 2013 at 1:32 pm #

Your dress is beyond gorgeous. Congrats!!

29. Olga September 19, 2013 at 1:34 pm #

that pic says it all. congrats chrissy and john! thanks for sharing this, enjoy every second of it!! can’t wait for the gorgeous babies to come.. :) xo

30. Sara September 19, 2013 at 1:34 pm #

Missed you!!! Congratulations!

31. Teri September 19, 2013 at 1:34 pm #

Hooray!!! That’s so, so exciting. And goddamn, you look fabulous. I mean, you both do, but yes.

You give me hope that I can start to eat kale on a regular basis and still remain somewhat normal until my own wedding. (I plan to go Full Fat Kid as soon as my ceremony’s over with a cheesecake covered in chocolate ganache, so that’s classy.)

32. Barbi Slick September 19, 2013 at 1:35 pm #

Love it!
    Congratulations & Blessings to you both!
    Xoxo

33. natashagregorio September 19, 2013 at 1:38 pm #

Best picture ever, CONGRATULATIONS!

34. catvoncat September 19, 2013 at 1:39 pm #

Congratulations! I feel like two of my dear friends just got married, which possibly makes me a weirdo, but I don’t care. I’ll just be over here feeling happy for you two!

35. giu September 19, 2013 at 1:42 pm #

Oj.Em.Gee. You are back! Finally :D
    Thanks for the great post and picture and I look forward to your being back full-time :D
    As an Italian myself, I can tell you that every trip home is a trip to foodland heaven…but it is the one trip I look forward to every year!
    Have fun and Mangia Bella :) xx

36. Jbwoods September 19, 2013 at 1:42 pm #

The e-mail notification getting this made my day. Congratulations! You and John are the Ina and Jeffrey of this generation, and I mean that as the highest compliment.

37. GG September 19, 2013 at 1:47 pm #

i am so excited to see a blog update, this makes me so so so so unreasonably happy. don’t get me wrong, i’m happy for you two, but the real winner in this deal is ME. haha.

38. Andrea September 19, 2013 at 1:51 pm #

Chrissy YOU’RE BACK!!! Woohoo I was so beyond excited to see a new blog post, we’ve missed you!! Hope your wedding day was everything you dreamed of and more, and hope you’re having an amazing honeymoon!! :) xx

39. Chrissy1015 September 19, 2013 at 1:52 pm #

I was wondering where you had gone! JK. You looked so beautiful, and both of you are so blessed. Get your Vitamin D on in Capri!!!

40. SweetNVNicole September 19, 2013 at 1:54 pm #

Congrats! I love your writing style and outlook on life! Best wishes to you and John as you continue your happy life together!! CHEERS!!

41. J_Michelle12 September 19, 2013 at 1:55 pm #

Yaaaaah!! You are back!!!
    Congrats on the wedding!!!!

42. Kari Tougas September 19, 2013 at 1:57 pm #

Love both of your faces in this pic! Together, you both display the perfect amount of sexiness and silliness and you can tell from your pics you have so much fun with everything you do! Wishing you both all the happiness in the world!! P.S. I’m craving a piece of carrot cake right now damnit!!!

43. CBO September 19, 2013 at 2:00 pm #

You’re freaking awesome. You guys are the cutest, realest couple ever, and I wish you a lifetime of happiness. I also hope you get a TV show soon because you are way too entertaining…and way cooler than some of the craptastic stuff on E.

44. Cathy Garza September 19, 2013 at 2:03 pm #

Love this post! I’m so happy for you two and I wish you all the best…and that is what she said :) you always make me laugh

45. Diane September 19, 2013 at 2:05 pm #

The dress is beautiful!! And LOVE the carrot cake. My Favorite!! I am new to your postings and can’t wait to get some diet advice on losing 5-10LBS. It’s been a struggle my whole adult life. Congratulations! You make a beautiful couple!!

46. Lorri September 19, 2013 at 2:10 pm #

I LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH CHRISSY!

Please post more pictures on here! I know you don’t want to be annoying photo person but we promise we will love it.

Also, I wish that John would come to houston on his upcoming tour. You could come back just for Underbelly and I would stare at you from afar and not interrupt you because you guys are so awesome and I would be intimidated and then I would cry and creep on twitter. I forgot what I was getting at and I’m in class ignoring my professor and staring at this beautiful photo.

Congratulations again and I wish you both all the lovely wishes in the world :)

• Lorri September 19, 2013 at 2:12 pm #

Also can’t get over the fact that you don’t really like sweets but got my favorite (carrot cake) as your wedding cake.

47. Fay M September 19, 2013 at 2:12 pm #

Congratulations Chrissy! U lucky devil! You looked abfab in your gown! Xoxo

48. Adrienne Smith (@AdrienneKSmith) September 19, 2013 at 2:13 pm #

We missed you!!! Congrats on the wedding, can’t wait for more posts to come.

49. Berlyn September 19, 2013 at 2:13 pm #

Ahhhh beautiful!!!! ❤❤❤ have a great time! And congrats

50. elnora September 19, 2013 at 2:14 pm #

Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for the both of you and I love you and your recipes!!! KEEP THEM COMING!!

51. Elissa September 19, 2013 at 2:14 pm #

Congratulations! I am surprised at how happy I am for two people whom I have never met, but man, you guys warm my heart. Love the carrot cake (one of my favorites). We did pies at our wedding because fuck it-we love pie.

52. Betsye September 19, 2013 at 2:15 pm #

I don’t have a twitter or Facebook, but I google your twitter page just so I can keep on your hilarious remarks/ the every day funny shit you say (I absolutely love your perfect use of fuck-tard btw). I hope you never listen to the media’s crap, and as a result, quit sharing your unique style of connecting with people via social media. Congratulations and Happy honeymooning :)

53. gracekelle September 19, 2013 at 2:16 pm #

congrats on your nuptials! working out IS fun, isn’t it?? you deserve the cake, the minestrone, the bread, etc. It’s your honeymoon!

54. Kristen September 19, 2013 at 2:17 pm #

Ahhh Chrissy I love this post!! Enjoy such a blissful time in your and John’s life and eat till your heart’s content! I adore both of your dresses by the way. Can’t wait to see the crimson after party one I read about. And the carrot wedding cake…mmmmmhmmmmmm…perfection!

55. LizWhiz September 19, 2013 at 2:18 pm #

I am so, so stupidly happy that you’re back on the blog! Congrats and please never leave me again ;)

56. Bradd S. September 19, 2013 at 2:19 pm #

You can just feel the love and joy in this posting. Thanks for sharing it.

57. Heather September 19, 2013 at 2:20 pm #

Everything about this post is truly amazing. Congratulations! You both are beaming with happiness (and eventually carrot cake) in that photo.

Every workout is indeed worth every bite in Italy… Enjoy!

58. Jen September 19, 2013 at 2:23 pm #

Congratulations to you both! I would say “enjoy it” but judging from this blog post, it’s obvious you already are. Welcome back to blogging!

59. Pam September 19, 2013 at 2:28 pm #

Congrats!! That cake looks like it was amazing!

60. AJM September 19, 2013 at 2:32 pm #

Congratulations! You looked stunning (as if there was any doubt) and the eat-so-much-it-actually-pains-you-to-simply-lay-in-bed is a honeymoon ritual ins which everyone should indulge. Enjoy & we’re glad you’re back!

61. Lena September 19, 2013 at 2:36 pm #

I also want to say that when I first started following your food blog, I had NO idea who you were. I think I got here by googling some kind of recipe.. at the time I didn’t know you were famous…or rich…or married to John Legend. UNTIL you posted a pic of your “boyfriend” and I was like “hrrrmmmmmm, he looks a lot like John Legend…” but I let it go. AND THEN you posted another pic of John in a diff post and I was like OK, that HAS TO BE JOHN. So then I did some googling and I was like OH CRAP. You’re too cool, Chrissy :) xo

62. bigdeb September 19, 2013 at 2:45 pm #

Hello beautiful people! I have missed you too. Tremendously. So glad you are back and Congratulations! You two are precious and hilarious.

63. Karin September 19, 2013 at 2:52 pm #

Congratulations!! Loving all of the photos, you are such a gorgeous bride! I can’t think of a better place to start eating out of your mind than Italy! Enjoy newlyweds!

P.S. your mom followed me on Instagram and I lost my shit! Way too exciting! Haha.

64. Karen September 19, 2013 at 2:53 pm #

I felt the Exact same way after my wedding! I ate my way through our honeymoon on Turks and Caicos! You look beautiful!

65. Claudine September 19, 2013 at 2:57 pm #

Wheee!! You’re back! And congratulations!! The hubs and I made your mama’s Jok Moo recipe for the first time last night – good stuff – asian soul food.

66. Lolodeloco September 19, 2013 at 3:00 pm #

We’ve missed you, so happy you are back!!!! Congrats again, thx for sharing, so happy for you guys, you are an amazing couple. Love from Paris

67. AliceDCL September 19, 2013 at 3:23 pm #

Epic picture….
    Looks like a lot of fun…
    carrot cake at a wedding is a new one.. but of course you can pull it off..
    EAT!!!!
    haha
    have fun

68. Patty September 19, 2013 at 3:32 pm #

So cute. So humble. LOVE YOU!!!!!!! Best wishes to the best couple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

69. The Shelled Pea September 19, 2013 at 3:35 pm #

Congratulations! And thanks for sharing.

70. Divya September 19, 2013 at 3:47 pm #

Congrats to you both! The wedding looks beautiful. I love that you straight up say that girls who say they eat whatever they want and have amazing bodies are full of bullshit :) love your blog posts.

71. Linda September 19, 2013 at 3:57 pm #

Congratulations! Love your honesty. Follow you here and elsewhere.

72. Melissa September 19, 2013 at 4:15 pm #

A million congrats, Chrissy! I watched you and John on that Oprah special and, wow. You are too cute for words and I love John even more after finding out he’s a huge nerd! So happy for you guys!

73. Casey September 19, 2013 at 4:25 pm #

Awwwwww. I’m smiling to myself after reading this!! So happy for you – the wedding pics and cake look crazy good. Congrats!!!!

74. Laura September 19, 2013 at 5:20 pm #

Congratulations!! You and John seem so genuinely happy together – it’s wonderful to read about!! Can’t wait to read more about your fat-kid honeymoon :)

75. yooms September 19, 2013 at 5:44 pm #

I absolutely adore you Chrissy!! Congrats to you and Mr. John!! So glad to have you back!

76. On life and stuff September 19, 2013 at 5:50 pm #

Congratulations!!!!!! Lots of love!!!

77. Ashleigh September 19, 2013 at 6:12 pm #

Congrats Mr. & Mrs. John Legend!!! MUCH love and well wishes for you both! Thank you for updating your blog for we were all hoping it was not the end! We all missed you so much! Hope to see/hear more from you! Enjoy the honeymoon bliss! Love ya girl!

78. Emily S September 19, 2013 at 6:20 pm #

I love how all my friends were texting me about how John Legend got married (bc they know I love him) but I would reply, “But I love Chrissy so much more!!!!” I was so happy when I read the news, you would literally think one of my friend’s had gotten married! I love the both of you, you make such a great couple, may God bless your new life together and bring you a lifetime of happiness (and lots of babies)!!!!

79. Cecilia September 19, 2013 at 6:38 pm #

A heartfelt congratulations to you and John! I look forward to hearing about married life just as much as I heard about your life before you took the plunge. ;) I’m so looking forward to your blogging to start up on a regular basis again but that is not all insinuating that you’ve been gone because really I’ve been going through these recipes on the blog & I didn’t even notice. Congratulations again & sending much love & happiness your way.

P.S “love on top” does that to me every time. Every. Time.

80. CGL Warrior September 19, 2013 at 6:48 pm #

Amazing! Your beautiful and much congrats!!! Love is indeed dope!

81. windwein September 19, 2013 at 7:03 pm #

Congratulations to you both! Please don’t stop the fits of airport Twitter rage just because you’re all happily married now. I hope @AirCanadaMary sent a nice gift.

82. Heather September 19, 2013 at 7:11 pm #

Congratulations!!! You were missed for sure, but it’s wonderful that you and John are so happy!! Best wishes for the both of you 😍💏👰

83. lotiu September 19, 2013 at 7:17 pm #

Congratulations! We love you, you are meant to be ❤ may you have a lovely, happy, big family!

84. g2-65350af4afcd3af5ea53a8f3ee7bbd0d September 19, 2013 at 7:21 pm #

Congrats! You were a stunning bride (of course). All the best!

Sent from my iPhone

85. Scarlet Rose (@scarls17) September 19, 2013 at 7:56 pm #

Awesome! Have fun!

86. Carly September 19, 2013 at 7:59 pm #

Congrats, love!!

87. amyeskew September 19, 2013 at 8:09 pm #

Congratulations and thanks for the blog update! Can’t wait to see more pictures (of the food :D ).

88. Elaine Z. September 19, 2013 at 8:27 pm #

CONGRATS, CHRISSY!!!!!! You look gorgeous! Love the cake too:) So happy about this fantastic update! Have a great honeymoon filled with delicious food!

89. peg September 19, 2013 at 8:33 pm #

I love you both so much…you bring such joy to my days…can’t wait to read more from you!

90. Courtney September 19, 2013 at 9:07 pm #

I love you Chrissy! Thanks for sharing!

91. Jennifer September 19, 2013 at 10:11 pm #

This whole blog post had me cracking up. You are the most charismatic person I ‘know’ and John is so very lucky! Congrats and enjoy your honeymoon!

92. Julie September 19, 2013 at 10:24 pm #

Thanks for sharing your life and wedding! I look forward to every blog post-have a great honeymoon:)

93. ang September 19, 2013 at 10:29 pm #

just thinkin’ about y’all yesterday. would she share a wedding pic??? and you did and we love you back. congrats my gastro sista

94. Alison September 19, 2013 at 11:53 pm #

As sweet and funny as always. Congratulations! Much love and happiness to you and John! :-)

95. Rea September 20, 2013 at 1:14 am #

I don’t know either one of you and there’s about a 99% chance I never will, but I just wanted to say that even just reading from both of you makes it so obvious that you are great people. What an amazing, adorable couple. Wishing you all the happiness in the world :)

96. Ev September 20, 2013 at 1:14 am #

The best, best, best post ever.

97. Pat September 20, 2013 at 2:44 am #

Congrats!!! Now you can eat!

98. Tracey September 20, 2013 at 3:30 am #

Congrats on the wedding! I love both of your expressions in the photo! And I love that the building looks like a typical old and falling apart European one, which is one of the reasons I live here.

99. beckscostello September 20, 2013 at 4:04 am #

Congratulations Chrissy! Sending all the luck and love in the world to you and you’re guy. Enjoy every second of the eating and the lazing and the loving. P.S- You were the most stunning bride

100. Michelle Soli September 20, 2013 at 4:39 am #

Hello Chrissy. I just wanted to say how much my sissy and I think you’re great. You’re down to earth, hilarious and of course, gorge! BTW, the Oprah interview was amazing. Why did I start crying when John was singing the song he wrote for you. A girl can only dream of finding her a John for herself. Wishing you and John many more years of eating delushious meals together. <3

101. Vickii September 20, 2013 at 5:15 am #

Congratulations to you both! You look beautiful and you both look so happy! LOVE hearing from a model that NOBODY can eat what they like and look like a model – from now on, I’m going to tell myself, I too can look like a supermodel if I didn’t eat cake; so I’m actually choosing to look like I do ;p

102. Shauna September 20, 2013 at 8:16 am #

You’re an angel. Congratulations!

103. Ashface September 20, 2013 at 8:42 am #

Chrissy! I am so happy for you and even more happy for John because he gets to call you his wife. Wish I could be eating all the great stuff you are eating! I’m gonna keep telling myself that my wedding invite got lost in the mail.

104. Yamili Saucedo September 20, 2013 at 9:27 am #

Amazing! Thanks for sharing Chrissy! That’s why you’re one of my favorite people. So real, honest and funny! I was always a fan of John (like we’re on 1st name basis) and then became a huge fan of yours. You give women the ability to feel comfortable in their skin and just be ourselves. I hate diet talk too…I’m not a model and far from it. It’s just great to hear a real model be normal and human. Thank you – means a lot! Hope to run into you at John’s concert in Chicago November 10th…(I talk like we’re on first name basis).. don’t judge me. :-)

xx yams

105. Timo September 20, 2013 at 9:55 am #

Congrats to you and John! I saw John last year in NYC walking your guys’ Frenchie and wanted to be like I love you John! and I love Chrissy! but seeing as I was a total stranger and had just been laid off, like literally minutes before and was a bit of a mess I didn’t. Then I delved into this quick weird fantasy of being invited over for dinner and you would cook some mean native Thai dish and John would sing and we’d laugh and laugh and it’d be the best night of my life. Any who I’m still around the city if that catches your fancy. I’m from the Milwaukee, so you know this boy can eat. I’ll bring a casserole :P Congrats again! You are amazing!

106. Kathryn T. September 20, 2013 at 11:12 am #

congratulations to you and John! you looked stunning! my husband and i got married one year ago this past weekend, so it’s a wonderful weekend for love :) best wishes to you two.

107. Kat September 20, 2013 at 11:54 am #

Congratulations! I am so happy for you for three reasons:
    (1) You’re married. Yay!
    (2) You pulled it off without the press knowing
    (3) You can now eat anything you want!

Glad to have you back Chrissy. I hope you really are back. We need you to post the photos of all the food you alluded to. Pics of the wedding would be nice, too. But the food. The glorious Italian food.

108. So Cal Wahine September 20, 2013 at 12:27 pm #

You are simply amazing! Congrats to you and John on your marriage! Wishing you both nothing but the very best that life has to offer. I absolutely adore you. Have an amazing honeymoon and bring us back so yummy recipes! xoxo

109. Soqui September 20, 2013 at 3:30 pm #

Thank God, a bride who is honest about the torture you went through to look gorgeous (honestly, you look mega fab. John doesn’t look so bad either :))

Wishing both of you lots of love, happiness and excellent meals together!

110. Emily September 20, 2013 at 4:05 pm #

Congrats to you and John! So happy for you both. You’re the greatest!

111. Jenna September 20, 2013 at 5:48 pm #

Big, big congrats! Love you and your blog! I can’t wait to see Italy food pictures. And hopefully you’ll share what you guys ate at the reception. I went to Italy for my honeymooon and gained 5 pounds. I was surprised it was only 5. I guess we walked a lot…

Nothing tastes better than freshly made carbs after your wedding day….

112. Linda September 20, 2013 at 9:17 pm #

Congratulations!!! Thanks for sharing. It’s my 15 year anniversary on Sept 26 and I love my DH (dear hubby) more now than I did then. Live, laugh and love always Chrissy and John!!

113. Alexandria September 20, 2013 at 10:51 pm #

Congratulations! The dress. The cake. The venue. It all looks fabulous. So glad you’re blogging again.

114. geniaandherlot September 21, 2013 at 5:12 am #

Reblogged this on Genia and her Lot.

115. ksbingham September 21, 2013 at 11:11 am #

Hahah this is such a great post. Love it. Congrats!!!! :)

116. Bee September 22, 2013 at 8:40 pm #

Congratulations to you both. You looked absolutely stunning. Thanks for actually being honest about dieting. So many celebs talk absolute crap about being able to eat whatever they want – pack of liars. I heard that John is coming to New Zealand later this year – hope you’ll be joining him. You’d love this country (and the food ain’t too bad either).

117. Lauren September 23, 2013 at 12:04 am #

You have been MISSED but it’s totally ok since you just married your sweet husby! Congratulations!!!! Seriously though, write more, k? Your blog is awesome and funny and it makes me want to get off my ass and do something in the kitchen like a BOSS. <3

118. RoxAlex September 23, 2013 at 3:57 pm #

Welcome back and Congrats on your marriage!! You look amazing in that dress. Love your blog and the fact that you are so R E A L.

119. Audrey September 24, 2013 at 9:23 am #

So Chrissylarious ! My best wishes for you and John ! Un bonjour de France :)

120. Shy (@BeautyNDFeast) September 24, 2013 at 3:42 pm #

So this is the 50 layer cake you were telling us about! Looks as fab as you described. Congrats to you both! And you look stun.ning.

121. Elizabeth E September 25, 2013 at 7:03 pm #

You are amazing and I love YOU. You are such an inspiration for young girls. I wish you and John all of the happiness in the world, God knows you deserve it. Your posts are the bomb.com and I heard somewhere that you were going to be writing a book… I. Cannot. Wait. Is a truly unexaggerated statement. You are real, you are gorgeous, and you are YOU and I can’t wait to have an entire book of you, not only 140 characters and some scarce blog posts (btw keep blogging PUHLESE). I’m struggling with a few things, most of them related to the awful little bubble that is high school. But you often talk about how the mean girls you went to school with now look like Michelle Duggar and that gives me hope that and I hope all of the ignorant douche bags get any type of curable STD (they just need to learn a lesson, I can’t be that mean) ANYWAYS I just wanted to thank you… again. You’re awesome and I’m awkward so… bye.

122. juliacshepherd September 26, 2013 at 1:16 am #

Chrissy- I just wanted to tell you how much I sincerely appreciate you as a public figure. You are beyond refreshing, and a combination of beauty and brains that is needed more in the “celebrity” world. If someone asked me who I’d want to be when I grow up it’d be you (i’m 23… but…) and not because of your glamorous life, (who am I kidding, maybe a little) but because of how fearless and funny you are. Don’t ever change, we need more “you’s” around.

ALL THE BEST!

123. Allxinxa September 28, 2013 at 12:59 pm #

Hahaha u make my days hilarious!

124. sher September 28, 2013 at 9:30 pm #

Such a stunningly gorgeous bride! Warmest Congrats Chrissy!! So happy you’re back :) I find your blog and tweets the most humorous reads on the net!!

125. lindsey October 3, 2013 at 8:57 pm #

hahaha why do you not have a show on cooking channel yet? like what is it gonna take for them to yknow just like…..get it?

126. April Davis October 9, 2013 at 7:52 pm #

I needed your dedication before my wedding… But I figure I will never have to look back & be sad about how small I used to be. Oh course w/ your determination you’ll never have that problem. Keep it up!

127. Sabrina Marrujo October 14, 2013 at 6:21 pm #

Congrats to you & John on your wedding first of all! You looked absolutely stunning! i havent checked your blog in a long while & was sooo happy to see some new posts! You are amazing chrissy & fuck that asswipe blogger who has anything rude to say about you or anyone else. happy eating & best wishes <3
    -sabrina ;)

1. Bacon Deviled Eggs Recipe - Tasty Food Snacks - January 25, 2014

[…] themselves. Chrissy Teigen was just married at Lake Como to John Legend, and they both explored Europe and it culinary offerings recently, […]