The World’s Best Caesar Salad Dressing In the Universe World Most Delicious

6 Mar

Okay. I have no idea if that’s true. But I’ve learned that if you use the words “best”, “most”, “delicious” or “world” in your recipe, the post is pretty much the first thing that comes up if googled, whether it’s awesome or not.

But. I would never say that without the confidence that it really is as good as it gets, as far as simple/delicious goes. And who doesn’t want that?

Exhibit A: Simple.

Screen Shot 2013-03-06 at 4.03.30 PM

Worcestershire sauce. Essentially, war shi shire. Like chill on the letters, UK-place-I-just-wiki’ed. Let’s share with other words okay?

Mayo. If you have an aversion to mayo, why are you even here? Did it hurt your family? Unless it hurt your family you need to relax and enjoy the simple things in life. Like oil and eggs beat together until unrecognizable.

Dijon. I never have fewer than 3 jars of dijon mustard in my fridge.

Garlic. Because garlic is awesome.

Parmesan cheese. Freshly grated. Leave the green Kraft shaker tubes in your college days, like your liver/positivity/sense of hope for the world.

Lemon. Because it’s tangy and stuff.

Anchovy paste. You can find by the cans of tuna in any grocery store. I KNOW. Anchovies are weird. They look gross. Whole, they are freaky. In a paste, they look like baby shit. I can’t put it any other way: you’re gonna have to get over this. It’s a must. Like loving your own children.

Salt and Pepper. Not sure if I’ve ever told you my favorite but Diamond Crystal kosher salt is just the tits. Today I read that Taylor Swift said there is a special place in hell for Amy Poehler, Tina Fey and table salt. Random I know, but I agree, Taytay.

Here’s the recipe, friends…

The World’s Best Caesar Salad Dressing In the Universe World Most Delicious

• 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
  • 1.5 teaspoons anchovy paste
  • 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1.5 teaspoons dijon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
  • 1 cup mayo
  • 2/3 cup freshly grated parmesan (super fine, like you) (actually, a smidge less than 2/3 cup if we’re being exact)
  • salt and pepper to taste (so much pressure is on you here don’t fuck it up) (usually around 1/4 tsp each)

In a large bowl, or medium, who cares, your mess not mine, combine the first 5 ingredients.

Screen Shot 2013-03-06 at 4.29.27 PM

Add the mayo and parmesan. Whisk. Add plenty of pepper and a few dashes of salt. Taste.

Screen Shot 2013-03-06 at 4.31.15 PM

Add more of whatever else you fancy, because you are independent and can make your own decisions in life right dad RIGHT DAD I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT I’M AN ADULT whoa sorry anyhow whisk it all up and stuff. It will look like nice and thick like everything great in life what oh god what the fuck backspace backspace sorry

Screen Shot 2013-03-06 at 4.33.28 PM

Make sure to have your asian mom doing her stretches in front of investigation discovery as you make this. That’s really crucial to the recipe.

Want to know the secret to a great salad? Be lazy. All great chefs know that their diners should always be the ones forced to cut their salad. Okay that’s not true but it does look rather pro on a plate.

Screen Shot 2013-03-06 at 4.41.31 PM

Oh don’t mind those perfect looking scallops that snuck their way into the photo because I refused to crop them out so I could show them and type this entire sentence. They’ll be on the next post…

Oo. Thinly shave some parmesan and toss it on, too. And croutons, of course. I forgot them for the photo but here is a great, super simple recipe for homemade croutons (although I highly suggest another clove of garlic, and don’t make your cubes too small or they look store-bought and laaaaaame):  http://allrecipes.com/recipe/garlic-croutons/

Remember that this is how Iiiiii love my caesar dressing to taste, but the world is your oyster. Your anchovy paste. Do with it as you please.

Enjoy!

75 Responses to “The World’s Best Caesar Salad Dressing In the Universe World Most Delicious”

1. ashley March 6, 2013 at 8:06 pm #

I was looking at the picture of the dressing and kept thinking.. who is that in the background? Does Chrissy make John take the pictures? Then I read on and started cracking up. Your mom is awesome.

2. Steph March 6, 2013 at 8:18 pm #

a) Your SEO strategy is genius.

b) Just for sport, check out the pronunciation of Cholmondeley sometime.

3. Tatiana March 6, 2013 at 8:29 pm #

1. Your Mom is awesome. (She had you didn’t she?)
    2. I want those scallops now. They look awesome.
    3. I can’t wait to try this dressing for my salad. Mayo, garlic, parmesan, worcestershire, dijon, anchovy. What’s not to love!

4. kalliope84 March 6, 2013 at 8:34 pm #

I love a good Caesar salad and that looks NOMZ. People who don’t like mayo are weird (and I know quite a few actually…)

• Ruby Joseph March 6, 2013 at 9:26 pm #

I agree!

• catvoncat March 6, 2013 at 10:40 pm #

My own brother doesn’t like mayo and that is why I never answer my phone when he calls.

5. Jess March 6, 2013 at 8:38 pm #

Chrissy your blog is the only one I follow, but I never make anything you post. Even though I’d eat the shit out of everything. K love you bye.

6. Lauren March 6, 2013 at 8:45 pm #

You are the bomb.com… obsessed w your blog, and loving your blogging spree!! Keep it up!!

7. Susan March 6, 2013 at 8:54 pm #

Will it taste the same if I don’t have an Asian mom to do the stretches?

• chrissyteigen March 6, 2013 at 8:55 pm #

• Julie March 6, 2013 at 9:20 pm #

What about an Asian mother-in-law? Cause that’s all I have.

8. Corisa March 6, 2013 at 9:52 pm #

your posts literally crack me up ! i love your sense of humor and posts about food! it’s so refreshing to hear that a beautiful model loves to indulge too!

9. Eden March 6, 2013 at 9:54 pm #

Weird. I just put Caesar salad on my wanted list for an upcoming dinner. I make these lists in bed and look through cookbooks and make my bf participate as he’s falling asleep.

Perfect timing, thanks.

10. Ally March 6, 2013 at 10:13 pm #

Do you really hate Amy Poehler and Tina Fey??

11. Vinaya March 6, 2013 at 10:20 pm #

I see that you are using tubed anchovy paste. Are there any other ingredients you use in tubed form (garlic, ginger, etc)? If so, what’s your favourite brand?

12. Sue March 6, 2013 at 11:05 pm #

I use hard boiled egg or partially cooked hardboiled eggs and they work fine too.

13. Lorri March 6, 2013 at 11:25 pm #

Oh man, I love your mom. She’s dangerously close to that tv, too.

14. Ivy March 6, 2013 at 11:26 pm #

Girl, that whole bit with your mom stretching…. DEAD. Seriously, here I am just reading through a post about dressing, and boom, I find myself unexpectedly thrust onto a lollercoaster. Thanks for the laughs.

15. claudia graziano March 6, 2013 at 11:46 pm #

I am probably one of your biggest fans (who isn’t a creepy man) and I’m writing a research paper about you/your blog/twitter for a class I am taking about stardom and internet presence. Obviously since you’re my favorite I chose to write about you. I know you have a million better things to do, but I was wondering if maybe I could ask you a few questions for my paper. Nothing complicated, just a few basic things to spice up (hehe cooking jokes) my 20 page paper. Regardless, thanks for entertaining me and making me hungry on a daily basis. :)

• claudia graziano March 6, 2013 at 11:47 pm #

that smiley emoji is fugly and i immediately regret including it.

16. christinakjaerfavrbo March 6, 2013 at 11:57 pm #

Best post ever.

17. aliceharold March 7, 2013 at 5:23 am #

As someone who grew up in Worcestershire (once an American tourist asked me the way to Worrr chest shh er? And I’m sorry, I laughed) I gotta point you this way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylP_iQvOuaM

I’m off to see if I can find such a thing as Anchovy Paste in the Youu Kay.

18. Tracey March 7, 2013 at 6:20 am #

I LOVE that your mom seems to be making that threatening shadow on the TV.

19. shellybean99 March 7, 2013 at 8:04 am #

I’ve gotta try this! Another good dressing with anchovy paste is olive oil, lemon, dijon mustard, anchovy paste, s&p, garlic and parmesan. So pretty similar but less creamy- just frenchy and good. :)

20. tajgreenemoviesinreview March 7, 2013 at 9:43 am #

LMAO@”backspace backspace”…CTHU…@pic with ur mom in the background. I needed that laugh this morning! Oh…and the salad looks great too…gonna try it soon! Thx :)

21. Jimmie Butler (@51NC17Y) March 7, 2013 at 10:37 am #

OK. So I don’t have an Asian Mom, But I do know a Blasian Momma (that Black/Asian for the rest of you) will that work?!?!?!

22. Natalie Fernandez (@NatalieDRB) March 7, 2013 at 12:08 pm #

this looks sooo good and I am so happy your back. Actually just typed an email to my boyfriend that said ‘Chrissy is BACK!’ in the subject line. He wasn’t as excited, even after some clarification of who Chrissy was… oh well Will be trying this recipe this weekend!
    xo
    Natalie
    dishesrunwaysandbriefcases.com

23. Steven March 7, 2013 at 6:04 pm #

I tried your Apple Pecan salad back in the day, and can’t wait to try this dressing. I’m going to give it a shot this weekend> Now I’m excited

24. Jonesy March 7, 2013 at 9:05 pm #

Yummy!

25. Scott B (@ediblerock) March 7, 2013 at 10:30 pm #

Mayo=oil and egg, emulsified. For way better flavor, use 1/4-1/2 cup good olive oil and a coddled egg. More authentic, but even more importantly, more yummy.

26. Trissa Day March 8, 2013 at 12:05 am #

I actually thought your Asian mom was an Elf on the Shelf doll…then I kept reading. Love your blog!

27. Shauna March 8, 2013 at 11:15 am #

Chrissy, so glad you’re back! Can’t wait to try this dressing. You make life brighter with your posts. Oh, and John is nice, too.

28. Sarah March 8, 2013 at 2:02 pm #

your hilarious, love reading your blog :)

29. Rebecca March 8, 2013 at 4:39 pm #

I’ve never really been a fan of Caesar dressing, but I’ll have to try this recipe out. Looks yummy!

30. Chi-Chi March 8, 2013 at 10:39 pm #

Love your blog! Kept laughing @ the posts that feature “best” recipe of some sort (ie. steak marinade, etc.) because my husband always laughs when I add tastiest or best before every recipe search, but dude seriously, it works!

31. satiatedsparkle March 9, 2013 at 9:25 pm #

I will now force all my diners to do more work and cut their own lettuce. Because that’s the pro way to do it. Love the recipe!

32. Rachel March 10, 2013 at 6:27 am #

I hate mayonaise but I love your blog and your recipes so I am going to turn hate into love and make this dressing! And to lay it on fancy non-chopped lettuce so people Know i learn from fancy people. Also, you really inspired me to start my own cooking blog but the only recipe I could think of was chicken in a slow cooker

It turns out I’m not very good at writing cooking blogs, so instead I’m going to just keep reading your recipes

Thanks for being awesome like all the time. :-)

33. Verna March 10, 2013 at 11:38 am #

I love your blog! It has great food and humor. I will definitely watch your cooking show.

34. Steph March 11, 2013 at 7:33 pm #

Whoa. I made this salad tonight and my husband now calls it supermodel Caesar. (He also calls the slow cooked eggs supermodel eggs, so he’s not super creative or anything). This dressing was awesome. Also I’m tweeting you a picture of it because it was that good. I’m not sure those two work but whatever I’m going with it. Thanks chrissy!

• chrissyteigen March 11, 2013 at 10:07 pm #

Yay! So happy you like! Will save for about 8 more days or so so happy Caesar week. Xx

35. David April 8, 2013 at 7:46 pm #

I look forward to creating this…thanks got sharing. My tidbit to you however, is…
    Worcester sauce = WOOS-Ta Sauce! 😎

36. melissa April 14, 2013 at 1:57 am #

Chrissy you always make me laugh, but I started cracking up during this article. I’m in the middle of breaking up (yep not quite there yet) and your attitude and delivery of your humor brings me belly laughs full of comedic (self)relief. Play on playgirl.

37. Pam April 15, 2013 at 2:31 am #

Made this tonight for a potluck and everyone loved it. So easy but because having the croutons and dressing be homemade somehow impresses people more. That coupled with the chipotle chicken – woo hoo! Thanks Chrissy. (and thanks for telling how much salt and pepper to put in. I am paranoid after my previous overspicing of ground beef in the stuffed peppers incident. and hate when people say “to taste”.)

38. Ashley April 27, 2013 at 9:40 am #

How long will this stay good in the refrigerator?

39. Jennifer May 8, 2013 at 8:15 pm #

ERMAHGERD! Amazeballs. so good. so good.

40. Christine May 17, 2013 at 4:21 pm #

Wasn’t convinced until I made the recipe. So impressed. Thank you for your SEO and for making it to the top spot. If anyone is reading this, try the recipe. Totally worth it. Hopefully you’ll be as pleasantly surprised as I was! Who knew a supermodel would know the proper usage of REAL mayonnaise (for consumption).

41. trixpin June 14, 2013 at 9:56 am #

“RIGHT DAD I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT I’M AN ADULT”. I so agree.
    I love this post, and your right, it was up there with the best on Google ;)

42. Rosanne June 15, 2013 at 4:37 pm #

PERFECT Dressing! I am throwing away all my other recipes. Good job! I will be eating salads a lot more often. Except I use half the mayo and the other half Greek yogurt and used mustard powder instead of Dijon. BEST dressing I ever found. It’s a keeper!

43. Lynda June 17, 2013 at 6:46 pm #

You are hysterical. I want the scallop recipe next! Keep ‘em coming.

44. ihab.mahmoud July 22, 2013 at 3:50 am #

Al-Medinah International University website on the Internet “www.mediu.edu.my”: which offers all university services, which content admission, registration , inquiry , direct access to the lessons and communicate with lecturers and administrators staff of t the university.

The electronic system of educational administration “Alim” for managing the academic affairs of the university, which can be both a student university lectures ,

45. Paige July 24, 2013 at 12:08 am #

Ok I know this is from March but I am having a shitty night and I just read this and laughed my ass off. Thank you.

46. Katie R July 27, 2013 at 8:10 am #

This chika knows what she’s talking about. Reluctantly tried ’cause I know classic Caesar has good olive oil, a partially boiled egg and anchovies but my new hubbie and I liked it better than expensive made-at-your-table restaurant.

I think it’s more earthy, zingy and packed with sharp flavors. I thinned it down and made it more oozy with a splash of extra-virgin, spooned it on romaine leaves and served it with store-bought wild salmon burgers.

A quickie, delicious and good numbers on he health meter.

Thanks

47. Bert August 21, 2013 at 7:44 pm #

First time on your site and you are a hoot. Really did enjoy your description of everything but for a lark we made your dressing and sorry to say it grade F from everyone..it is sludge! Salad dressing should flow, not stick to the spoon like brownie dough. You cant toss a salad with this stuff, you have to glop it on and let is slowly ooze over some of the salad. your last photo shows this explicitly. I dont mean to be insulting, but have you had a proper Caesar salad..make your mayo from scratch from good olive oil, not the tranmmission oil they use in commercial mayo) and made from scratch it pours, not oozes and then this might work. I always use freshly opened can of anchovie fillets..we have found they do not live down spending even one night in the fridge after being opend. But I´ll be checking back, Im sure you will have more good laughs and probably so. mething good to eat.

48. John in Brisbane September 2, 2013 at 9:19 am #

Nice recipe :-) You talk more than I do. Scary. I’ll stop now just to prove my point.

49. Nigel September 15, 2013 at 2:17 pm #

Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you penning this post and the rest of the website is also really good.

50. chedmund September 17, 2013 at 12:05 am #

Sweet Jeezus, I love this dressing; it’s my go-to when people come over. Only difference is I mash up actual anchovies in a Thai krok with the kosher salt and garlic to make the anchovy paste. My guess is your mom has one lying around, so you may want to check that out. Love your blerg, and best wishes on your recent nuptials.

51. Doug Turner October 1, 2013 at 10:33 am #

I like the recipe alot. It’s very reminiscent of my own recipe, handed down from my mother in law (sorry she’s italian not asian). The only difference is that I use the raw ingredients of egg yokes and oil and beat them myself. But I have one really big issue with this whole thing. Where’s the bacon? When did people stop putting bacon in caesar salad? You have to have bacon in caesar salad! For a girl who says she loves bacon… WTH?

52. tess November 6, 2013 at 4:37 pm #

Oh my goodness… Your recipe looks absolutely Delicous… and the way you wrote everything out made me laugh, especially the part with your mom ;) just thought I’d tell you

53. Thomas Hennessey November 10, 2013 at 12:07 am #

Just finshed making your gobbledy goop. No Ka Oi… as we say out here in Maui.
    Mahalo for da recipe!

54. デジタルカメラ

55. kate spade baby bag burberry 時計 レディース http://shengdacy.casiojpdonimpact.org/

56. oceanus カシオ メンズ ファッション ブランド 人気 http://xinkaiquk.chanelbyimprisonjp.org/

57. elia December 17, 2013 at 4:00 pm #

serves how many people please?

58. Monica February 1, 2014 at 10:19 pm #

I’ve been looking for a cheater’s version ( by cheater I mean doesn’t require 14 ingredients to make)of a ceasar dressing that doesn’t skimp on flavor and this one is it! Thank you so much for posting! It is the best and easiest one I’ve found. And by the way, the mother in the back is awesome! What mom doesn’t like her aerobic time?
    Ok, back to recipe. I modified because I didn’t have enough mayo so I used 1/2 cup and because I’m trying to get back into a slimmer eating plan I only used 1/3 cup Parmesan. I also had regular anchovies in oil & prefer bits of it in my dressing so I chopped up 5 or 6. A little more lemon and waalaa! Tangy, creamy& perfect!
    Looking for the scallops next!

59. Dar Q February 19, 2014 at 9:42 pm #

Hi Chrissy! I’m new to your blog and just had to leave my first comment on anyone’s blog! I see that you love Florence, Italy…so do I. My hubby and I went there many years ago and also had the same “life changing Florentine steak”. You really can’t explain it to someone who hasn’t had it, but total food_orgasm.edu!! Anywhooo! I like your Caesar salad dressing recipe. For many years I searched the internet high and low for a good Caesar dressing recipe and tried many and never found one I would make twice. Unfortunately, yours was not it either…no offense! (o: If you want to experience the “WORLD’s BEST” Caesar Salad, you MUST try Chef Fabio Viviani’s (he is from Florence) “Ultimate Caesar Salad” from his Yahoo internet show “Chow Ciao!”(<-clever right?!) The ingredients are similar, but instead of using Worcestershire sauce, he uses Italian balsamic vinegar AND red wine vinegar as well as whole anchovies instead of paste. He also uses whole stone ground mustard in addition to Dijon. He too makes his own croutons, but makes them more "rustic" by tearing the bread instead of cutting with knife. AND perhaps the most incredible part of the Caesar recipe in addition to the dressing, is how he preps the Romaine lettuce! He GRILLS it! If you make his recipe, I KNOW that you will LOVE and appreciate it as much as I do, and might even be a convert from your recipe?! Check out his Yahoo internet cooking show Chow Ciao and search for his "Ultimate Caesar Salad" recipe! It will send you in to food nirvana, I'm not shitting you! TRY IT!!

~From a New Friend in Anchorage, Alaska

PS: You are hilarious!! I love to read your blog when I’m bored shitless at work!! Lol!

60. Ann March 1, 2014 at 9:42 pm #

Ceaser Dressing….Egg yokes rock!! Mayo not happening, come on, grow some balls……otherwise, its OK. You young’ins will learn some day, Unfortunately it’s when your old…LMAO.

61. Kimber March 18, 2014 at 6:45 pm #

Why am I only finding your blog NOW? You truly are the tits, girl. Can’t wait to read more.

62. Megan March 23, 2014 at 10:46 pm #

Made this tonight and it was so delushious!! Going to try the scallops soon. Love your blog and your food style!

63. farahfaith2009 April 10, 2014 at 12:04 pm #

Reblogged this on Farah's Blog.

64. nellapet April 13, 2014 at 11:33 pm #

Reblogged this on nellapet's Blog.

65. Donald April 15, 2014 at 6:59 pm #

Killer recipe. Thanks!

1. If It Ain’t Broke, Don’t Fix It | Grey House Journal - September 24, 2013

[…] offered a Caesar Salad Dressing recipe (with egg yolks) that got rave reviews. Last we have The World’s Best Caesar Salad Dressing in the Universe from sodeluchious.com. Really? Who knows but worth a try (and no […]

2. Top 5 Ways to Spruce up a Salad | gradtop5 - April 15, 2014