WHERE DO I EVEN BEGIN?

16 Sep

I don’t know what to say.

Last post was July 13th. Now, this blog has been randomly deserted a few times, for…at the most….a couple weeks. But this is unacceptable! To be honest, I’ve come here sooooo many times, with every intention of posting what I’ve been making or just plain telling you what I’ve been up to. But I wouldn’t have the right photos, or just realized I was posting just to post. Rushed, hurried, thrown together. I don’t want it to be like that…

Anyhow. I’m here. And I am so, so happy. I read the comments and see that a lot of you resorted to going back into the archives to read some of the earlier posts. Very cool, seriously.

My dream for this blog is to just have it be something you guys enjoy, and something I enjoy doing. I never want ads, don’t want to get paid to push products. I want this to be a cool little community where we can all talk about what we love, share stories, and ideas. And thank you for sticking with this. I know it is SO poorly organized — mostly just links to other recipes, no tags, no sections. As someone who is such a blog snob, I can’t believe I run with this. But I am glad you’re here and I promise, promise it will get better!

So, man….since July, a lot has been happening. I landed my first big TV job, hosting Model Employee on VH1. 8 models competing to be the face / spokesmodel for Mandalay Bay in Vegas. I suppose I am like the Tyra, if Tyra wasn’t a judge? Anyhow it was a freaking awesome experience. I think I got the news 2 or 3 days before I had to pick up and move to Las Vegas. John was taping the finale of Duets (a season finale that turned into the series finale, god dammit), and I got a phone call from my wonderful agent, Sharon. I ran into the makeup room, genuinely shocked. I think Kelly Clarkson looked at me like I was some kind of workplace shooter, about to lose my shit. I said, “I got it!! I got it. I got it.” and fell into ugly tear face mode.

I know it seems stupid to cry over that but I dunno, your first job, your first realization that you can move on from being a silent mannequin, that people like you and want you and gasp, want you to speak. That was pretty cool. Most of this industry is being told no. No because of the tone of your voice, the shape of your body. No because you don’t know the right people, have the right experience. You don’t go to school because you have your body and face to depend on for a bit, then you use that up and realize you probably should have gone to school. You just wait around for someone to take a chance on you. So it’s really cool when someone does. I am very lucky.

We had our wrap party for Model Employee at Mandalay Beach. John came, to both celebrate and drive me, the doggies, and my boxes home to Los Angeles, in the morning. “You deserve to party! I’ll come and take care of you in the AM!”. Here’s a fun fact about John. If you have a special night of any sort, JOHN WILL GET HAMMERED BEYOND BELIEF.

He will take your drink and raise you 5 of them. My birthday? I went to the bathroom, after jokingly requesting that John please not be at Jessica Alba’s table telling her how much I love her when I got back. I leave the bathroom? Oh. Where’s John? High fiving up a storm with Jessica Alba, and later giving me a birthday shout out from the DJ booth, saying “my girlfriend wants to bone Jessica Albaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!”. At the wrap party, let’s just say I had to drive 4.5 hours with 2 bulldogs on my lap with John slouched dead in the passengers seat. Now, this does not at all happen at John’s big life events. Just yours. It’s very odd.

We (I) drove right into LA from Vegas, dropped off my boxes and the pups, and went to LAX to pick up my parents for my sister’s wedding. She had a small wedding in Laguna Beach at the Montage resort…….and it was just amazing.

And I’m sure you all feel like you know my parents if you follow my twitter feed. They are awesome.

We stayed in LA for a couple weeks, then I brought them to NYC because I needed to start cooking school. That’s right. I am in cooking school.

The first week of school happened to be New York Fashion Week. So I’d butcher chickens by day, go straight to the salon and get ready to giggle and smile and nod at questions about people I know nothing about. It’s interesting.

And then…I went to Kuwait for a USO tour with my dear Brooklyn. It was eye-opening, life changing, wonderful, sad, amazing. An experience I am lucky to have had.

Came back yesterday, now celebrating my anniversary here at the Glenmere Mansion in Chester, NY. Absolutely gorgeous. Excited to be even in the vicinity of home. Which, by the way, will only be my home for a few more weeks. Soon we will be moving into a hotel (NO KITCHEN??) and waiting to move into our new apartment. Just typing it exhausts me. Oh, and it’s our 6 year anniversary. He still amazes me, loves me, frustrates me as much as he did years ago.

So coming up? More school. Every day.

Wedding planning. Swimsuit shoots (fuck, seriously??) and fingers crossed on a few more shows. More blogging, of course. I want to share what I am doing in school. Although, school mostly consists of technical things. Chopping, terms, basics — we aren’t too focused on recipes yet. For now, all the recipes I’ll be posting will be from the past few months. Simple and delicious, as usual. I will try to post as many photos from school as possible but don’t be mad that there aren’t any recipes. Eek!

My goal is to do a daily post of what I did in class, and the best thing I learned all day. Is that okay? Ah I hope it is.

All I know is that it’s nice to be home. I missed you guys. I really did.

114 Responses to “WHERE DO I EVEN BEGIN?”

1. andrea September 16, 2012 at 3:01 pm #

Congrats on the job Chrissy!

2. Catherine September 16, 2012 at 3:04 pm #

So happy to see a new post and I was cracking up at your depiction of John’s drunken antics. Beautiful family! I would love love love if you posted techniques and stuff that you learn in cooking school! That info is priceless.

3. Monie September 16, 2012 at 3:05 pm #

Totally worth the wait. Thanks, Chrissy!

4. Claire September 16, 2012 at 3:06 pm #

So glad you’re back!

5. Gina B September 16, 2012 at 3:09 pm #

So so happy for the update! Congrats on everything, looking so forward to your cooking school posts.

6. lorenzo September 16, 2012 at 3:10 pm #

ok – after all is said and done, would you send me a picture of you writing my name with bacon strips? it’s spelled L O R E N Z O

7. wishfulsinful September 16, 2012 at 3:11 pm #

OMG CHRISSY!!! I’m so happy for you and I don’t even know you, but I feel like I do?? Is that weird? Probably,who gives a fuck.. Congratulations on your success and happiness, and thanks for sharing; your blog and twitter crack me up and have provided delushious meals for me and my family. Keep them coming!

8. walkinge September 16, 2012 at 3:11 pm #

Just post the next few blogs about sugary sweets and then you can say that your blog has been “desserted.”

9. walkinge September 16, 2012 at 3:12 pm #

p.s. I think you’re great! Welcome back to your blog. :-)

10. Jennifer September 16, 2012 at 3:12 pm #

Techniques would be awesome & helpful…I made roasted vegetable soup today & realized I don’t know how to cut anything properly but my own fingers &…those gloves that save you from losing an appendage only work if you wear it dammit

11. Jenny V September 16, 2012 at 3:13 pm #

yayyy your back! :)

12. Atoi September 16, 2012 at 3:14 pm #

Yay. Glad to see you back. Looking fw to seeing wedding planning ideas and cooking school photos.

13. Paulina (@011100000110000) September 16, 2012 at 3:14 pm #

you look really happy! i’m happy for you :) i never knew how tedious/time consuming bloggin was until i opened my own. It’s pretty dusty now i’ll go back to it. Thanks for posting!

14. Samantha September 16, 2012 at 3:14 pm #

WOOHOO YOU’RE BACK!

15. Lauren September 16, 2012 at 3:16 pm #

This makes me SO happy!!! I am so glad to hear things have been going so well for you. You deserve it! Also, THANK GOD YOU’LL BE POSTING AGAIN!!!

Much love.

16. Melissa September 16, 2012 at 3:17 pm #

Chrissy!!!! I’m so excited you’re back!! I was totally gonna tweet you and say: “wtf Chrissy, you haven’t posted in over two months!!!!” glad to have you back!!! Although I’m sure you cold tell by my overuse of exclamation points!!! Hahahahhahahahaha

17. Regina McKinney September 16, 2012 at 3:17 pm #

Ahhh! Your back! I literally had a semi panic attack when I seen the email! Thank you for sharing your life with us! I feel like we are friends (we are right) and you just went on a long vacation with no means of
    communication (as if twitter & instagram isn’t enough) but I fel like this is a happy place! Everyone loves you here & is so nice compared to the crazies on twitter/instagram! Soo looking forward to more posts & wedding details (I can only hope) congrats on your anniversary & cooking school! Can’t wait to one day eat at your restaurant! ❤❤

• Regina McKinney September 16, 2012 at 3:20 pm #

& congrats on the show too!! Ahh the show! Can’t wait!!!

18. Elise September 16, 2012 at 3:17 pm #

Yay!!!!! You’re back!!!! Can’t wait to hear all about food, weddings and doggies!

19. Jesse September 16, 2012 at 3:17 pm #

Glad you’re back and things are going so well. Ever since I first started reading your Twitter feed I knew you were destined for media domination. I’m crossing my fingers that in a few years you can do a reality show where you make last meals for death row prisoners, thus quenching your thirst for food and reality shows involving prison.

20. Courtney September 16, 2012 at 3:17 pm #

You sound happy and like you really enjoy what you do. Go you!

21. Cynthia September 16, 2012 at 3:18 pm #

Welcome back! Congrats on your first hosting job! I was lmao reading about John getting wasted and instead of him driving you back to LA, you were the one that had to drive him back home. Your parents are too cute…I love your mom. Congrats on going to cooking school…love the pic of the fire you created. Lol. Happy anniversary to you and John and good luck with the rest of your wedding planning!

22. chrissyteigen September 16, 2012 at 3:21 pm #

my eyes definitely just filled with water reading your replies. thank you guys so much. you are so awesome I can barely explain. now I need a drink to numb these fancy emotions.

23. Elaine September 16, 2012 at 3:23 pm #

Holy shit you’re busy! When do you get to squeeze in sweatpants and blood lies and alibis or who the bleep did I marry? And clarify something for me. Do you live in NY or LA? Or both? Jesus I’m jealous! Can I just spend ONE day with you!? And by that I mean getting my make up and hair done by someone else ( because I suck at it) while drinking copious amounts of red wine and laughing at your ridiculousness:) LOVE IT! Truly looking forward to future posts!

• Elaine September 16, 2012 at 3:28 pm #

Oh and I can’t fucking wait to see that show! I hope you were permitted to drink while filming!

24. Kellie September 16, 2012 at 3:24 pm #

Yeaaaah! You’re back!
    It was great seeing you last week!

Funny…as I’m reading this I’m in the kitchen cleaning produce and seasoning meat (first delivery from Fresh Direct just came…YEA!!!) and I just bit into a piece of raw garlic (trying to kill whatever Fashion Week cootie got a hold of me) and I DUNNO HOW YOU DO IT!

I’m doing my father’s remedy of chewing 1/4 raw onion and washing it down with hot tea, honey & lemon…and decided to “Chrissy Teigen it” by adding raw garlic to the mix…o_0 uhhhhh…yeah…it’s hot like fiyah in here now…I’d much rather chew the onion.

Continued success on all of your endeavors…till next we greet!

• Kellie September 16, 2012 at 3:27 pm #

Like you know which “Kellie” this is…Kellie the Makeup Artist over at Viacom…HAYYYYYYY!

25. Rosemary September 16, 2012 at 3:25 pm #

Thanks for updating us!! Glad to hear of your Vegas success and your new school journey. Congrats and best wishes!!
    So excited to see recipes coming soon.

26. Perry September 16, 2012 at 3:25 pm #

Welcome back! Sounds like life is going in a good direction–congrats! Really interested to hear about cooking school…

27. Sugar Madison September 16, 2012 at 3:28 pm #

Chrissy,
    Congrats on the hosting job! I will be looking forward to watching it now that I am home alot with a little baby. Oh, yeah I had a baby since last sumer when I saw you. His name is Lucca.
    What a fun filled couple months for you…I loved your post. Gave me anxiety reading it. Glad you are doing well and yes please post some daily tid-bits you learn. I need to tighten up my basic cooking skills. For any recipe to turn out great it all starts with how things are chopped, diced, prepped.
    Post some new stuff soon!!

28. Brooklyn March September 16, 2012 at 3:37 pm #

Chrissy,

Glad you’re back!! As much as I love it when you post a new recipe I enjoy going back to the older post. Cause they are SO DELUSHIOUS! Thanks for sharing all you have been up too! Makes us love you even more :)

Congrats on going to cooking school, anniversary and the TV job! (flippin’ awesome!)

Welcome back to your blog. Goodluck!

29. Liz Sanchez September 16, 2012 at 3:38 pm #

So happy for all your success!!! Yes I feel like I know you and your parents from twitter!! I told a friend, I feel like your one of my friends and I’m expecting a invitation to your wedding!! Love you and ur priceless humor!! Xo

30. Tracey September 16, 2012 at 3:42 pm #

I’m so glad you’re back!! Congrats on the show!

31. Miss_Classy September 16, 2012 at 3:42 pm #

Really happy for you Miss Chrissy! Looks like your life is pretty perfect right about now :) Keep up the positive vibes! Sending you love and joy!! Oh and thanks for sharing like always!!

32. Cherie September 16, 2012 at 3:45 pm #

I am really excited about cooking school and looking forward to you sharing more about the experience! Congratulations!!!!

33. Kristyn Thiel September 16, 2012 at 3:52 pm #

Congrats on the job and your anniversary! you look GORGEOUS in the photos!! I was so excited to FINALLY see a new post! I have been dying! Good luck with cooking school you are going to blow everyone out of the water!

34. elise winsett September 16, 2012 at 3:54 pm #

Congrats on the Job Chrissy! Happy to hear your getting back into the swing of things blog wise. I love the pictures, and thanks for sharing what you have been up to while away.

35. Stephanie September 16, 2012 at 4:02 pm #

Glad you’re alive and well :) Chipotle marinade in my fridge as I type doing it’s magic on chicken. Great reason to re-stock the tequila! Loved your mag spread where you dressed John…Life & Style? One of those mags.
    I’ve always wondered what the curriculum is like in cooking school, so yes! please post what you guys learn.

36. Taylor September 16, 2012 at 4:11 pm #

I rarely comment on blogs, but I just love you. So much

37. Rania September 16, 2012 at 4:14 pm #

Fuck did I miss your blogs? I became addicted to it and then poof! U disappeared.. Now I’m wondering why I missed you cos your life in comparison to mine has rendered me insanely (but lovingly) envious! Wow girl – bitchy jealousy aside – you have come back with a vengeance and its sooooo good to hear you took a step towards your cooking aspirations and signed up for cooking school. And in reference to the NYC Fashion Week tale, once again you have proved why you are such an inspiration to me. Full steam! I think that your idea to blog about what you are learning is genius and am so grateful that you are willing to share and enlighten us culinary hopefuls (even if its just to wow our families). Its truly GREAT to have you back.. Welcome. Let’s do this, shall we ;) ?
    Love from SA

38. suzipie September 16, 2012 at 4:14 pm #

Congratulations! Glad that you are back – love your sense of humor! Looking forward to cooking school adventures!

39. Bobby Tumpak (@btumpak) September 16, 2012 at 4:24 pm #

Congrats CT, well deserved! Welcome back we missed you!

40. chelliekelley September 16, 2012 at 4:30 pm #

I think you are the greatest person EVER. I love reading your blog and I’m so glad you’re back!! Can’t wait to see your cooking school posts! =)

41. hopefulandhungry September 16, 2012 at 4:33 pm #

Glad you’re back. Can’t wait to see your posts about cooking school!

42. SARAH KENWORTHY September 16, 2012 at 4:34 pm #

Congrats Chrissy on everything!!! Sounds like your life has turned into an amazing experience and you deserve it. Still think about you all the time…and all the great memories we have.

Sarah Kenworthy

43. Maura September 16, 2012 at 4:37 pm #

So glad you’re back!! I am so happy to hear all these amazing things are working out for you. You deserve it! I wish you the best of luck and I can’t wait to watch you on your new show!!

44. Nathalie September 16, 2012 at 4:41 pm #

you are back! I am so Happy! Merci pour tout!

45. Dina September 16, 2012 at 4:45 pm #

I was begining to really miss you and your blog. Thank you for returning. Blessings. Dina

46. Sydney September 16, 2012 at 5:09 pm #

I don’t know how you do it but reading your blog makes me feel like I’m reading the blog of an old friend. I guess that’s the essence of an honest/entertaining/good writer. You write in a way that makes us feel like we are all your friends. So so glad you’re back! Your twitter antics just weren’t enough!

Also, you make me feel like it’s ok to drink all the time. Every time I tell my friends we should drink I literally always say “Chrissy [yes I just refer to you as Chrissy to my friends] drinks a lot so its ok if we do.”

47. Ana September 16, 2012 at 5:13 pm #

So happy to hear you are in school studying something you are clearly passionate about! Congrats on the hosting job and your anniversary! Your family (dogs included) are beautiful . PS big respect to john about his apppearance on Real Time. So poignant!

48. mamooney82 September 16, 2012 at 5:15 pm #

Yay you’re back! I’ve missed your hilariousness in my life. Randomly also, my friend Luke worked on your show in Vegas, he was the tech supervisor (I think). Anyway, congrats on the show, I am now certain to watch it because as funny as you on here and twitter I’m sure you KILL on tv!

49. spankz September 16, 2012 at 5:26 pm #

YAY, you’re back! Feels like catching up with family you haven’t heard from in a while. OMG! Congratulations on ALL of these major life moments you’ve experienced while you were “away”. Can’t wait for your Food Network premiere! Anywho, I fully expect a Spanish blog entry from John about tennis and awesome steak marinades in the very near future.

50. manie September 16, 2012 at 5:32 pm #

YAYYY. New post! I haven’t seen it on my reader in a while, SO YAY.

Just wanted to say I think it’s awesome you are doing such amazing things and actually get excited about it, like a normal person. I think it’s refreshing that you share it, and oddly (I think), makes me feel like it’s okay to be excited about stupid stuff that I really want but other people don’t care about. So thanks :)

ALSO. Your mom is so lovely in pink, what a pretty outfit! Congrats on everything in life!

51. jamila September 16, 2012 at 5:47 pm #

Welcome back! Looks like you had an awesome & exhausting summer. Can’t wait for your show.

52. Nikole September 16, 2012 at 6:05 pm #

Chrissy is BACK! YESSSS! I am thrilled for you about your hosting gig, and I cannot wait to watch it; you are going to be awesome! Congrats on all the other massive goings-on in your life. You have been a very busy gal this summer. While I love your tweets and instagrams, I have missed the posts on here… You are just so damn witty and hilarious, and the style of writing makes me feel (and from the looks of the comments, I am not alone) that I am catching up with an old friend.

Bring on all the cooking school lessons, and any other antics that happen along the way. Hell, I’ll take some of the low carb recipes while you’re at it! :)

Congrats again, Chrissy! You deserve it!

53. Josh September 16, 2012 at 6:05 pm #

Congrats on your first big TV job, I’m sure there are plenty more to come. Lol I love your stories about Mr Legend, I wish you had photos of him high fiving Jessica Alba :) Great to have you back!

54. Sarah September 16, 2012 at 6:22 pm #

Congrats, Chrissy! So excited to read your blog – I found you on twitter and think you’re awesome. Good luck with cooking school and congrats on the VH1 show!

55. Kallie September 16, 2012 at 6:28 pm #

Yay you’re back!! I’m reading this while waiting on my peach-whisky bbq chicken that I found on some lil ol’ blog that has now become on of my favs…from one sarcastic girl to another…it’s about damn time you posted something! :)

56. Jean September 16, 2012 at 7:47 pm #

OMG excited you got a new show (sad John’s has ended) and great that you started cooking school!! Always do what makes YOU happy and as long as you have a partner that supports you and showers you with love that is all that matters. Also I just want to say thank you for going to Kuwait and supporting the troops. As a woman who’s husband, father, grandfather and friends have all served (and are still serving) in the military, that means so much to them for you to take time to go over and show your support!!!! THANK YOU!!!! You keep strong and wonderful things will continue to come to you (and John)!!!!

57. Angie September 16, 2012 at 7:57 pm #

Yay for finally updating! I started reading your blog later than most and lamely went back and read all of your old posts! Such a fun light and relatable read! As a somewhat recent college grad I also rely heavily on other peoples recipes.

Looks like you had an eventful summer though!

58. Caterina September 16, 2012 at 8:04 pm #

So glad you’re back! Love all your posts, make me laugh and learn a thing or two! Cannot wait to see more photos of cooking school and of the dogs (yes I know it’s a good blog) but I want a bulldog and live vicariously through other’s photos! :)

59. Pepper September 16, 2012 at 8:29 pm #

You seriously will have the cutest kids when that day comes.. I can’t wait to see what crazy food experiments will come out of your trial and errors at school – bound to be amazing..

60. Casey September 16, 2012 at 8:58 pm #

OHMYGAHHHH – beautiful post! You are so hilarious, I am so happy to follow you in all of your adventures and love the tidbits about the pups, family, and John. I\’m pumped to see you on VH1 – I expect funny things, lady!!

61. Cecilia September 16, 2012 at 9:02 pm #

Yay!! You’re back. Congrats on all the great things going on. Genuinely happy to hear about it all and can’t wait to find out what’s to come. LOVE the blog and like most have been looking at old posts for some awesome recipes while you’ve been busy. :) I always know that I can depend on this gem to give me a good laugh and some delicious food to attempt to cook to go along with it. Keep up the good work. XOXO

62. Christina September 16, 2012 at 9:05 pm #

Yay! This totally made my day. So very looking forward to the show, sounds awesome! Congrats! Also can’t wait for cooking school posts. So much goodness. =)

63. Rachel September 16, 2012 at 9:11 pm #

Reading your post made my day. Thank you for sharing your life updates with us. I made chipotle chicken Friday night and thought of you like you think of a friend you haven’t heard from in awhile. So glad you’re back! Looking forward to hearing all about school!

64. yessica September 16, 2012 at 9:30 pm #

So very happy to see new blog posts, I even shed a tear or two, and not just because I look forward to adding a few new recipes to my arsenal, but I couldn’t help but to feel so fucking happy when I read about your professional endeavors. I felt as if a really good friend had just shared some awesome news, I look forward to watching your VH1 show and anything else you’re involved in. Way to go, Chrissy!

65. toldinvain September 16, 2012 at 10:26 pm #

First, congratulations. Congrats, congrats, congrats!
    Second, my boyfriend does the same thing! He is ab acceptable, respectable, sober man…until i have something to celebrate and then he becomes a depraved lunatic running around with a straw sticking out of a bottle of patron. It never ceases to amaze…
    Looking forward to school updates!

66. iquitmyjobandmovedtoguam September 16, 2012 at 11:24 pm #

Yay! Congrats and so glad you’re back to blogging!

67. Candace September 16, 2012 at 11:46 pm #

Ahhhh, yay you started cooking school and congrats on the show and so glad you’re back!!!

68. L.E.V (@LVert519) September 17, 2012 at 12:07 am #

your tweets from Vegas were AMAZING . You are sincerely such a funny and awesome lady and I look forward to your blogs. I can’t cook , but you make everything seem possible and so I’m inspired always to try when I am on this website. So don’t abandon us for that long again :) And you and John are mega rad…next time he does the Champs podcast can you do it too, I think it would be epic. All my love from San Francisco!

69. Jessica Grant September 17, 2012 at 12:10 am #

WOW! I was actually a little teeny tiny bit mad a you (I know that’s unreasonable because we aren’t friends in real life….yet) for not updating the blog. Anyway, creepiness aside, I am SO stinkin’ happy for you and would absolutely adore if you updated us on cooking school. Screw tags and archives and all that frilly stuff, keep blogging the way you do because it truly makes my day! You are such an amazing woman and I’d read your updates on watching grass grow if you wrote them, haha. Stay awesome!

70. shellbell September 17, 2012 at 12:20 am #

girlllllllllll how i missed you!!! and the jessica alba story made me pee.my.pants. nice job john! good luck in school and i can’t WAIT to read all about it!

71. Maddie September 17, 2012 at 12:21 am #

I think most of your blog readers can tell how happy you are and it’s really fun to be able to follow your career/personal life milestones. As a young impressionable reader it is pretty cool to look up to someone like you. You might think it is stupid but instead of saying “I’ve always wanted to go to cooking school” for the rest of your life, you decided to actually do it. You’re a pretty cool gal

72. cydonie@hotmail.com September 17, 2012 at 12:41 am #

We missed you, too. Don’t worry about us, you were living life the fullest and accomplishing some dreams along the way. Hey girl, while you were away, I ran my first 10K and lost 46 pounds. I’m still incomplete. But happy 4 the change. Also, I am going back to school on-line and getting my Master’s Degree in Public Administration.. We are glad you are back and running..

73. Morgan September 17, 2012 at 4:07 am #

So glad you’re back Chrissy, we missed you. Love that you’re in cooking school!! I’m totally jealous. I’ve made several of your recipes and have loved them all. Don’t worry about taking time between posts, I think we all appreciate all you do. Good luck :)

74. JaclynAustralia September 17, 2012 at 4:09 am #

Glad you’re back!!! I love reading your updates as well as your recipes!! I was sad when I checked this site every few days and no updates :( Alas, you’re back now!! :)

75. Michi September 17, 2012 at 6:00 am #

i’m so glad you’re back!!! i gasped when i got the email that you posted … congratulations on the show & culinary school!! :)

76. DBZ September 17, 2012 at 6:48 am #

It’s great to have you back! Cooking school – you rock!

77. Wendy September 17, 2012 at 9:51 am #

You are amazing, an inspiration! I do not cook and you’ve got me wanting to try so many recipies! So many wonderful things happening in your life, very happy for you and John! Boo to Duets being canceled but yay that he’s going on tour! Hope you come to the Boston show! :-)

78. Heather September 17, 2012 at 9:53 am #

Chrissy! Twitter alone is not enough for me. I need more of your rambling and awesome phone pics. Also, I met John once at a concert in Tulsa, OK. He asked me up on stage to dance with him. I didn’t know at the time to tell him his Spanish is outstanding. Damn it!

79. Kristina September 17, 2012 at 10:17 am #

Read the bit about going to parties acting like you know what people are talking about, and imagined you being all “Chechnyaaaaaaaaa”. I assume you quote Bridget Jones’ Diary all the time in your daily life.

80. Jerel September 17, 2012 at 10:34 am #

Simply put, extremely happy for you. I wish you nothing but continued success and happiness. :)

81. Emily September 17, 2012 at 10:51 am #

so glad you’re posting again! love reading about food/cooking from your perspective! Thanks for always being refreshingly entertaining and hilarious!

82. thedancingrunner September 17, 2012 at 11:43 am #

Happy to have you back! Great post…sounds like you are living it up! Happy Anniversary to you two lovebirds!

83. Julie M. September 17, 2012 at 11:56 am #

So glad you’re back! Congrats on all the success! Cant wait to read all about school, I’ve always wanted to learn more about cooking & how to just do things right so I don’t have to question myself all the time. This blog will have to suffice for now so keep it coming :)

84. LizScott September 17, 2012 at 12:45 pm #

Hey, congrats on the job! I cried when I got my last big job. I mean, I know everyone says employment isn’t who you are blah blah blah, but there is nothing more damaging to a person’s self confidence to not being employable, I think. Good on ya.

Also, thank you – my husband is military and always appreciated when people like you took the time to travel for USO.

85. xoxome11 September 17, 2012 at 12:53 pm #

woohoo!! welcome back! can’t wait to live vicariously through you and your cooking school experiences. So glad you decided to go after something that is obviously your passion. LOVE your blog — use the very first, original recipe for the marinade almost weekly!

86. Beth September 17, 2012 at 12:56 pm #

So glad you’re back, Chrissy!! Looking forward to more posts- love trying the recipes you share- everything is always soooo good!!! And congrats on the job and cooking school!! :)

87. April Larabee (@amarielarabee) September 17, 2012 at 2:23 pm #

She’s baaaack! Yay for us. Missed you while you were away but so happy good things were (are) happening. Good for you and Brooklyn going on the USO tour. That was an awesome thing to do. :)

88. LibbyLoves September 17, 2012 at 3:08 pm #

We missed you Chrissy!!!!!!! Thank you for taking the time to be honest, humble, and plainly blunt with your life. Love that about you, hope you get more chances like the ones you described before, You are an amazing talent!! Have fun wedding planning and good luck in cooking school.

89. Lauren September 17, 2012 at 4:00 pm #

Congrats on all the new experiences! Best of luck trying to balance it all as I’m sure it is hard, but look forward to following you along the journey of culinary school.

90. Martha Gabbie (@marthagetsit) September 17, 2012 at 5:58 pm #

This post was great. It makes me happy to read about all the great things happening. And I can’t wait until you post yummy recipes that I can fail at recreating, but still try. You are theee best!!

91. Alexandra September 17, 2012 at 7:42 pm #

you are so great chrissy.

92. Ella September 17, 2012 at 8:34 pm #

Chrissy your blog posts make me feel like I can conquer anything I set my mind to. Thank you so so much for this, it’s what any lost girl needs (and who doesn’t feel lost at some point???)

93. Amanda September 17, 2012 at 8:43 pm #

So great to see you in my inbox, I have missed you so much. Congrats on all your accomplishments. I’m happy that you took the plunge and started cooking school. Please continue to update us on all your fabulousness!

94. Pepper September 17, 2012 at 9:53 pm #

What??…. No one comment about her parent? :(

95. snottybitchface September 17, 2012 at 10:12 pm #

i can’t to watch Model Employee!!! congrats!

96. Denise Miller (@IrieDame) September 17, 2012 at 10:31 pm #

You couldn’t possibly know how much it meant to me to have you back here. Don’t apologize for what you think it lacks, we are here to support you, I saw a pic u had of pigstail on Twitter and I thought I need to share with Chrissy some Jamaican pigstail recipes. Missed u. Glad to have you back and Happy Anniversary!

97. Vivian September 18, 2012 at 12:17 am #

Judging from all these comments, I guess I’m not the only one who was avidly waiting for your next post! Congratulations on the job, you definitely deserve it. Damn, but do you work hard! Can’t help but admire all the energy you put into living a fulfilling life :).

98. Eva September 18, 2012 at 9:49 pm #

Great post! Looking forward to the daily posts detailing your experiences at cooking school. Congrats to your sister and to your “first” job! Lastly, Happy Anniversary!!!

99. Kristen September 18, 2012 at 11:45 pm #

happy to have you back, chrissy! congrats on all these great things :) have fun @ school!!

100. isabelle September 19, 2012 at 11:47 pm #

everyday on google reader I catch up on blogs and was sad to see months have gone by and so delushious! wasn’t bold with a number of posts in parentheses. I thought to myself… wow, she must be rrrrreally busy (haha like i know you, know you) then today, 5 new posts! I was SO. EXCITED. welcome back! congrats on the job and so happy to see you’re in culinary school. you are so awesome and inspiring. seriously.

101. Erica September 20, 2012 at 5:34 am #

You brought tears to my eyes hearing how happy you are!!! #congratulatons #success #love

102. Idah September 21, 2012 at 8:26 am #

Was happy to get notifications in my mailbox that there’s a So Delushious post! Greatful for the latest posts

103. Holly September 22, 2012 at 11:24 am #

aw this post made me crack up and almost cry. congratulations on everything!! :)

104. Emely September 22, 2012 at 3:29 pm #

Welcome back. You made me teary-eyed lol. This is weird but I “met” you once before in NYC. I was a sophomore at NYU heading home from class when I saw you and John walking hand in hand and I waved and laughed like an idiot and you gave me the sweetest smile and a wave lol. I was with my friend Q who was headed to the same charity event that night as you guys. Project Sunshine @ Rita’s. So much has changed since then but just an FYI you guys were my fave “celeb sighting” lol

105. Doris September 23, 2012 at 4:03 am #

Eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!! You’re back! :D (weirdly I did not get a message about this) You just saved my Sunday, hahah. Congrats on the job! And happy to hear you are cooking, doing what you love! Also congrats to your sis, she looked gorgeous. Ah and the way you describe John makes him sound hilarious :D Gonna read on now.. d-^_^-b

106. monica September 23, 2012 at 9:52 pm #

My husband is beyond proud of John for the Jessica Alba move. He now feels like he owes me one of those lovely only with Jessica Biel and I’m sure it will include a comment about her booty i might as well just go drown myself in the pool and be done with dying

107. Jacob September 25, 2012 at 12:42 am #

Great update! I was wondering if you just stopped the blog. Maybe more vegetarian posts? :)

108. Jaime September 29, 2012 at 7:52 pm #

I really do love this blog and you are so funny.

109. Nancy S. October 5, 2012 at 9:51 pm #

Chrissy, I LOVE your posts and I LOVED reading this one! Thank you for sharing what is going on with your life — it’s so interesting and fun to hear! You are a funny, talented, and beautiful woman and you and John are incredible — best wishes for you two and lots of love! *XOXO
    -Nancy

110. Araceli October 9, 2012 at 4:27 pm #

Glad to read you again! :) is actually my first comment, but I’ve been reading you since, I don’t know… years? hahaha I love the way you write, makes it so entertaining and encouraging at the same time… At least it encourages me, the way you just make things simple, easy and fun! damn it, at some point in my life I want to be a bit like you!! :D please, keep posting and tweeting!! loads of love from Barcelona (Spain) :)

111. XM December 6, 2012 at 5:13 pm #

The hat you wore to your sister’s wedding is almost as sick as her dress was. Really stunning!