Bacon Deviled Eggs

18 May

Very few things please me as much as the egg.

Well, my dogs. My dogs make me happy. Then there’s John of course but whatever, easy answer. BACON makes me endlessly happy, as we all know. Though I am not loving the BACON EVERYTHING hipster train. EXCUSE ME THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE THAT LOVED BACON BEFORE IT WAS COOL. Ew actually that is something a hipster would say isn’t it. Okay I am the hipster and I do not appreciate people loving bacon because loving bacon is “cool”. Loving bacon is a serious thing!! You feel it in your soul. And later, your heart, when it inevitably explodes and shit.

Anyhow, since it’s not socially acceptable to make your dogs into deviled eggs (oh you’re soooo proper, america) I guess bacon deviled eggs are the next best thing.

And I’m not kidding about the “best thing” part. THESE ARE LITTLE EGGY BITES OF SAVORY DELICIOUSNESS. So easy, so quick. Soooo pleasing. Unless you have those TERRIBLE friends that are always like, “ewww I just can doooo mayonnaise it’s sooo bad for you wahhhh it’s sooo gross the texture freaks me outttttt wahhhhh wahhhh klhsdglkhsdlgkdshglkdshglsdkhgsdlkghsdlgkhsdg”. Like get over it. Or not. More for me and you.

Whoa egg pictures are pretty boring.

Random dog photo? That’s better.

Bacon Deviled Eggs

(From June/July Issue of Fine Cooking)

• 4 peeled hard-cooked large eggs
  • 3 Tbs. mayo
  • 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
  • 1 Tbs. finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
  • 2 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • Hot sauce, to taste
  • Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
  • Paprika for garnish

Slice the eggs in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks, transfer them to a small bowl, and mash them with the back of a spoon. Add the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard,  the parsley and hot sauce. Mash until smooth. Stir in the chopped/cooked bacon and season to taste with salt and pepper. Fill the egg whites (I use a pastry bag because I am so fucking fancy like that). Sprinkle with little pinches of paprika — smoked paprika if you can find it!

Double the recipe and pop the leftovers into your mouth for breakfast all week. Not that I did that. That’s gross.

Xx

29 Responses to “Bacon Deviled Eggs”

1. beckscostello May 18, 2012 at 1:25 pm #

One of the funniest people I know. Love your sense of humour and your loyalty to serious bacon lovers. Can’t wait to try this. Awesome. You are fucking awesome.

2. Rose May 18, 2012 at 1:25 pm #

Yay a new blog post!!! It looks so tasty too. Can I make and send you some cookies for your bridal shower whenever it is? I make really cute sugar cookies and cakes. My site is http://www.wix.com/sweetsbyrose/sweets or http://www.facebook.com/SweetsbyRose. I hope you like the desserts you see!!

How’s wedding planning??

3. iarvin99 May 18, 2012 at 1:27 pm #

Nice Touch on the bacon! Yoo what up john legend!!! You can never have just one deviled egg! Take Care, u sexy person !

4. Nuck May 18, 2012 at 1:28 pm #

Love the bacon deviled eggs blog! Great observations of us bacon lovers!
    I am picking up my pork belly today and making my own Cherrywood smoked bacon. Going to take a week to make. I can’t wait! It tastes better by far and I can cut that shit as thick as I want ;)

Have a great weekend!

5. Maggie May 18, 2012 at 1:29 pm #

Chrissy these look awesome. Next time try curry instead of the mustard, I bet it’s ten times better. That’s what I use for my deviled eggs and it’s a hit everytime. Now can we have your potato salad recipe!?! :-)

6. Lauren May 18, 2012 at 1:31 pm #

You are hysterical! Love the pups!

7. Alexis May 18, 2012 at 1:35 pm #

this looks DElish :) and your pups… they kill me. adorable.

8. Karin May 18, 2012 at 2:04 pm #

THANK YOUUU. I’m so sick of the mayo haters! Get over it!! Cannot wait to make these! You’re my hero.

9. scdgia May 18, 2012 at 2:14 pm #

DAMN, girl! My question is 100% serious – no snark behind it – but did you hardboil the eggs yourself?! Mine are never that perfect!! The yolk hole is all off center and they don’t fill up so pretty. I’ve followed all sorts of tips on-line, but they never looks this good. Share your secrets, please!!!!

10. Sarah May 18, 2012 at 2:26 pm #

CHRISSY!! I have been making these bacon devils for years =) I never put the dijon in tho, I always used a dash of tarragon vinegar so I’m totally making this, this weekend for me and the fam with the mustard. awesome. thanks.

11. April Larabee May 18, 2012 at 2:29 pm #

Mmmm…I love me some deviled eggs! Serious question: what’s the difference between kosher salt and sea salt. I really don’t know and want to.

Thanks!

• Sarah May 18, 2012 at 2:49 pm #

kosher salt is sea salt blessed by a rabbi ;)

12. Kierstin May 18, 2012 at 2:41 pm #

Gorgeous photos! I’ve convinced my mom to prepare deviled eggs in celebration of all holidays, even those we do not necessarily “celebrate”

13. Jessica May 18, 2012 at 2:49 pm #

Next time add a little of the bacon grease into the filling too, it gives it an amazingly rich creamy texture. So incredible!

14. Crys May 18, 2012 at 4:21 pm #

I went to a Bacon Festival here in Atlanta last month and my best friend and I spent the entire time pointing out the people that were full of shit and bandwagon hoppers! Bastards. And I make/eat deviled eggs all the time. Why didn’t I think to add bacon? I’m slipping.

15. amandakatarina May 18, 2012 at 8:43 pm #

My Mom makes a big plate of deviled eggs for Christmas and other such gatherings, and I eat all of them. Meanwhile, the rest of my family looks at them like they’re aliens.

16. Lauren May 18, 2012 at 9:07 pm #

God I HATE people that refuse to accept mayo. It’s delish, it’s creamy, it’s fatty and WHO CARES?! Love it! just glad you mentioned how annoying those people are and the eggs look amazing

17. Mark Fisher May 19, 2012 at 11:55 am #

I am so with you on deviled eggs and potato salad! 2 of my favorite comfort foods when done right (usually by my Mom). But these recipes look to die for. Going to give them a try. Thanks for sharing!

18. catvoncat May 19, 2012 at 5:51 pm #

That random dog photo should be submitted to the Greatest Animal Photobombers of All Time: http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/greatest-animal-photobombers-of-all-time

Also, I’m totally going to make these with veggie bacon.

19. TheFashionistaChic (@FashionistaChik) May 21, 2012 at 11:49 am #

I have never heard of bacon deviled eggs, but this sounds yum!! I usually put dill relish in my deviled eggs. I think I am going to make these eggs this morning. Thanks!

20. nic May 21, 2012 at 12:39 pm #

are you kidding me??!!? I hate food and this made me seriously salivate!!!!!!!! I am making it TONIGHT for bear and I. LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE it.

21. fussylady May 24, 2012 at 11:35 pm #

Great site! I just heard about your page from a stranger at the bar who told me you have great recipes,so true! Cant wait to try this one…love the puppy pics too :)

22. Josh Rutherford May 25, 2012 at 4:36 pm #

Try a light dusting of chipotle powder instead of paprika for a little extra smokiness and heat. Delushious!

23. Pattee May 30, 2012 at 4:00 pm #

Can’t wait to make!! And that picture of your pups…….ADORABLE!!!

24. Moi Contre Le Vie June 8, 2012 at 2:05 pm #

I made these for my boyfriend and they were quite the hit! As were you when I showed him your site! :) Keep up the good work.

25. Julie June 18, 2012 at 10:16 am #

Love your bullies!

26. Danielle June 22, 2012 at 10:01 pm #

cant eat bacon BUT I LOVE YOUR DOGS.

1. Deviled Eggs « DOUBLE FISTED COOKING - November 25, 2012

[...] who is also a great follow on Twitter if like me you’re looking for laughs. She has an awesome deviled eggs recipe which I suggest trying as [...]

2. Bacon Deviled Eggs Recipe - Tasty Food Snacks - Tasty Food Snacks - December 19, 2013

[…] is much better than Paula Deen’s. If you love bacon, eggs, and humor… check out Chrissy blog for more awesome food recipes. She is big on meat, seafood, pasta, and comfort food. Plus on […]