Well shit!

24 Mar

I’ve been caught.

I’ve been called out by nummmmerous people during this morning’s live-tweeting of my online shopping. Apparently if I am online, tweeting about shopping, I should have enough time to blog. NO EXCUSES. And I HAVVVVE been busy. But dammit. They’re right. No excuses. Plus I’ve missed you!

It’s a gorgeous Saturday morning here in New York. I am in bed listening to the gentle (not gentle) snores of 2 bulldogs, trying to differentiate between brownish stains on my comforter. “Butt, nose, or mouth?”, I ask, as I point to one of about 25.

They never reply.

Why am i inside on this beautiful day? Cramps. Trust me. No one out there is safe when I’m in this state. I’m doing everyone a favor here. And I’d be lying if I didn’t tell you that I am literally polishing off all of the glasses of old, warm champagne, left by my wonderful lady friends at my mini dinner party last night. Never been much a a germaphobe. Or my love for alcohol surpasses my disdain for germs. Either way. Don’t care.

Anyhow, periods and chocolate go together like blood and cocoa beans! I’m a delightful transitioner, right?

I present: the samoa girl scout cookie cupcake. Chocolate cupcake, caramel frosting and coconut — topped off with a samoa bite of partially hydrogenated loveliness.

I take absolutely zero credit for this, as it’s another creation of Kris over at Young, Married, Chic.

And you know what? It is shockingly easy, and you can even use your favorite boxed chocolate cake mix for the cupcake. The hardest part is finding the damned girl scouts. And it’s probably not good to have “where can I find girl scouts” in your google search history. Lucky for me, Kris placed an order to her dealer months ago. She met her in a dark alley in Jersey, handed over a briefcase, did a quick handshake and it was done. You might have a harder time. Unless you work in an office. I’m sure those little monsters make poor, hungry employees their bitches there. How can you turn down cookies when there is a kid, at your desk, and they are like…3 DOLLARS? Plus you work with the kid’s mom or dad. What a horrible, perfect situation for these little cookie pushers. I feel for you.

I did make one slight alteration, only because I was already at Sur La Table getting a new cupcake pan (I only have the 6-trays for GIANT cupcakes)…

Kris couldn’t have made it easier, using just a mix of vanilla frosting and caramel sauce. But I saw this and had to go for it. Was sooooo good. Used the entire jar. I love me a no-fail recipe.

As for cupcake decoration, I was lost. I am NO baker. I texted Kris and we decided to keep it simple with just some coconut and a cookie, whereas hers were decorated with caramel and chocolate sauce. Hers. Were. Gorgeous.

I baked a batch for a party, at my agency. I actually let the cupcakes cool while I was at a meeting there, then came home to quickly frost and pack up (in white pants), and brought them back to a bustling rooftop party, where I was informed I had chocolate sauce all over my enormous freak forehead.

Keep in mind that just going to these things can always be nerve-racking (ps I had to google that spelling), as you want to look great and charm the pants off of people, while maintaining class and representing the agency you love with grace and style.

I was close.

…other cupcakes were brought in, for a birthday within the office….

Ahem. Mine were on the first plate.

Jesus what else do you want me to say just make them already, I have other shit to post about stop bothering me!!!

SAMOA COOKIE CUPCAKES HERE!

XX

28 Responses to “Well shit!”

1. Kat March 24, 2012 at 12:59 pm #

Dark. Chocolate. Sea Salt. Caramel. Sauce. *falls off chair*

2. beckscostello March 24, 2012 at 1:03 pm #

Kris is queen of the cupcake.

3. Denise Miller (@IrieDame) March 24, 2012 at 1:13 pm #

As someone who adores cooking like u I can say without reservation that there is no orgasmic feeling than an empty plate…OMG!

4. Isabell Rolf March 24, 2012 at 1:41 pm #

i can see why no one ate from the first plate….talk about no-effort, cookie-cutter (ehe) cupcakes.

anyway, welcome back!!!!

5. Jenn March 24, 2012 at 1:42 pm #

Amazing. There is a bakery in sf that makes Samoa cupcakes and it is my downfall. I now refuse to go there in fear that I will never leave. Speaking of SF, are you aware of the plethora of grilled cheese options available in this city? Melt, American grilled cheese kitchen, cowgirl creamery, grilled cheese truck, and a few more. You must check it out and have a grilled cheese challenge of sorts.

6. Amy March 24, 2012 at 2:22 pm #

I live by the mantra that the alcohol in the champagne kills any of those pesky germs anyway. Salut!

7. lizD March 24, 2012 at 4:00 pm #

good lookin’ cupcake! om nom nom samoaaaa

8. BBB March 24, 2012 at 6:47 pm #

yay, welcome back,
    Im no baker ad frankly my body could use less of the cupcakes and more time in the gym, lol, MORE REECIPES, we missed you

9. hallucinatingmartyr March 25, 2012 at 12:19 am #

Awesome!!! love your work :)

10. JS March 25, 2012 at 7:45 am #

I’m a deployed to Afghanistan, and I thoroughly enjoy reading your food blogs – they’re hilarious. It’s also a chance to live vicariously through you, as we are served food that comes pre-cooked in boxes that say “for military or prison use only”. Please keep updating!

• chrissyteigen March 25, 2012 at 2:22 pm #

“ORRRRR prison” — that is terrible!

PLEASE send me photos of this food! I have this fascination with pre-packed foods (airplanes, camping, etc) hahaahah

And thank you so much for everything you do for us :) Happy you even come here! xx

• JS March 26, 2012 at 11:46 pm #

I can do that – and you will be both amazed and disgusted… I’m assuming you can see my email, just let me know how to get the pictures to you.

11. sokheng March 25, 2012 at 6:43 pm #

it looks super tasty *_*

12. Debbie March 26, 2012 at 11:46 am #

i love the feeling when your plate is empty that you made yourself, and the bought in- not so special plate is left with stuff still on it.

13. aewiley11 March 26, 2012 at 1:43 pm #

Oh.em.gee. Making these immediately. Also, a fun fact: I logged onto twitter to send you a message saying “Cheese on a cracker, @ChrissyTeigen, WE NEED MORE BLOG POSTSSSSSSS WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?!111″ but then I realized that I better check and see if you had posted, lest I make a fool out of meself. Glad I checked. Aaaaand glad you’re back =)

14. Katie A. March 26, 2012 at 11:04 pm #

these cupcakes look great. If you want something really amazing though you need to try an Irish Car Bomb Cupcake. I know normally Irish Car Bombs are pretty nasty but these cupcakes are really good. Chocolate and alcohol…doesn’t get much better than that!

15. Jenn March 27, 2012 at 12:06 am #

One more thing… Cocktail cupcakes. The margarita one is amazing salty-sweet goodness. I am determined to try them all. http://that-takes-the-cake.com/cupcakes.html

16. memebot March 28, 2012 at 1:26 am #

I never cook, but I always bookmark things for “one day, when I have my own kitchen,” so, while the food on here looks EFFING AWESOME, I come here for your crazy. And the dog stories/pictures. So, even though I never comment or write to celebrities because I think that it’s weird, I’m making a declaration that I’m going to become a regular in these parts. A DECLARATION. That sounds so serious.

ANYWAYS. I LOVE SAMOAS so this recipe will be the end of me, should I ever actually follow it.

17. Emily Cavalier (@ECava) March 30, 2012 at 8:11 am #

Hi Chrissy. Do you have an email address where I can reach you? I’m trying to hook a friend up in a cool way for making an important intro for me, and just noticed he needs help with this: https://twitter.com/#!/schmooey/status/185575119631028224

Let me know! Or have “your people” email me. emily {at} mouthoftheborder.com

18. JS April 1, 2012 at 1:40 am #

You have to see this tribute to Jose Canseco…

19. KCHC April 26, 2012 at 9:07 am #

You are freaking hilarious; I just stumbled across your blog and so far I love it!!! Great recipes (I’m getting hungry just reading them) and stories.

20. Kathy May 1, 2012 at 7:16 pm #

OMGZ this reminds me of those girl scout cookies! I wanna try this out! :)

21. Kimberly May 24, 2012 at 7:06 pm #

Sorry about all the drama you’ve gotten lately. Nothing like a woman tearing down another woman, eh? The absolute worst offense of a woman, in my opinion. Men don’t limit women–women limit women. And then they pass that disgusting habit down to their daughters like a generational curse. Stop the madness girls and ladies. Make the choice to be ‘better than that.’

22. agate cameos jewellery March 22, 2013 at 5:43 pm #

Paragraph writing is also a fun, if you know afterward you can write or else it is complicated to write.|

23. Google sucks March 24, 2013 at 2:38 pm #

Many thanks for scripting this excellent publish..Beloved your articles. Be sure to do sustain writing

24. Steph March 5, 2014 at 2:43 am #

Coming late to this party as I am procrastinating law school work by looking through all the awesome food on this blog, but as an avid baker, especially of cupcakes, next time you should totally throw a cookie on the bottom of the cupcake paper before you put the batter in and bake em – it’s a nice secret surprise for everyone and makes it even more awesome. I do it with oreos and chocolate chip cookies all the time. And get a Wilton 1M tip and every cupcake looks way more fancy (and harder to do) than it actually is, and the Wilton cupcake filling tip is the best when you want to fill cupcakes without cutting half the cake out (pudding mix whipped with heavy cream = yummo).

I also have collected awesome recipes for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Smores, Oreo, Nutella, French toast, Chocolate Peanut butter cupcakes if you ever try your hand at baking again. Clearly reconsidering my decision to go to law school on the reg…. haha!