“uggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh”

3 Mar

My pleasure sound, devoted to one of my favorite dishes in the city: shrimp in bubbling, piping hot chili and garlic oil at Pipa, inside ABC Home.

It comes with endless bread to slop up all of the oil with. I alwayyyyysssss tell myself that I will refuse the bread and just eat the shrimp, like a good little low carb girl, but no. As soon as I see the oil, it’s over. And let me tell you…. it’s A LOT of oil. You will love it.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE dishes that are served in the same cast-iron pan they were baked in. I JUST LOVE IT. I can’t say it enough.

Go to Pipa and get the scrimps.

38 E 19th St
(between Broadway & S Park Ave)
New York, NY 10003
Neighborhood: Flatiron

(212) 677-2233

8 Responses to ““uggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh””

1. Nora March 3, 2012 at 1:23 pm #

Love Pipa! This is also one of my fav dishes from there…so yummy!

2. Kimberly March 3, 2012 at 2:13 pm #

I make this dish at home all the time. I add onions and fresh garlic to the dish. Yummy!

3. Cher March 3, 2012 at 10:12 pm #

My ugggghh sounds come from Sigiri down in the east village (http://www.sigirinyc.com/menu.htm) . Hub of spicy deliciousness

4. Jenny V March 3, 2012 at 10:44 pm #

you should try to make a copy cat recipe!! :))))))))))

5. Lauren March 4, 2012 at 1:35 pm #

I think I just died laughing at that video….. Too funny. Yet, I feel I make the same sound whenever I take a bite of my Mother’s chocolate chip pie (my yearly birthday demand). Looks delicious!

6. sarinamaynor March 5, 2012 at 4:44 pm #

LoVe the ‘AAAHHHH’ at the end! Priceless :)

xo Sarina
    The Full Belly Diaries

7. jtmango March 13, 2012 at 10:33 am #

Love Pipa!! We had our rehearsal dinner there. Those scrimps are da bomb.

8. Lauren April 11, 2012 at 7:06 pm #

Omg that looks friggen awesome! I trust your opinions because I went to momofuku yesterday after seeing your instagram & their noodles and I was thrilled. Haven come across many good noodle spots in nyc. Gonna try the Samoa cupcakes too, thanks girl your blog is awesome!