Ladies and Gentleman…a guest blogger!

3 Mar

Obama scene. Could you imagine if this is what it looked like, every time you went somewhere for 4 – 8 years? Good god.

John just walked in the door from yesterday’s rodeo, so of course the first thing I made him do was write this blog for you fine people! I drank, sure. I definitely wasn’t obnoxious-person wasted (thank GOD, this was a fancy little shindig) but I must admit, I am having a little trouble remembering what happened. So here’ssssssss Johnny!:

So we attended the fundraiser for President Obama at the Upper East Side penthouse of an HBO exec and a renowned interior decorator who happens to be in charge of redecorating the White House.

Lots of media, fashion and entertainment types attended.  If you wanted to make a movie or get a record deal or make a TV series, this was your party.  The CEO of Sony, the head of HBO, the former head of MTV, the head of Warner Music, some big fashion designers, etc.  You get the picture.  Chrissy and I were easily the youngest people there and probably the poorest.  Everyone else lived in the Upper East (or Upper West) Side and we were pretty much the only downtowners. Aren’t we so hip…

Anyway, we all schmoozed until the guest of honor arrived.  We were given color coded wrist bands at the beginning of the event.  We didn’t know what they were for, and Chrissy eventually decided to rip hers off because it was messing up her outfit.  Then we found out the wrist bands actually meant something inside the event.  They determined your pecking order when it came to meeting the President.  The colors were black, hot pink, fluorescent orange and electric blue.  We were orange so we had to wait in line for a little while.

But I did get a shout out in the President’s speech.  He said he wouldn’t try to sing since I was there.  And I yelled out, “Don’t steal my job!”

After his speech, we lined up to speak to him.  Chrissy was practicing what she would say.  She had a joke about how she was on the fence between supporting him and supporting Santorum.  She was going to settle her dilemma by having them both guess her weight and whomever was closest won.  But she figured that joke would take too long.

When we finally spoke to him, I gave him a bro-hug then said, “You remember Chrissy, right?  I don’t know if you heard, but we’re engaged now.”  He congratulated us then Chrissy invited him to the wedding.  He asked us if we had a date yet.  And Chrissy said, “We’ll work around your schedule!”  He then gave us a noncommittal answer, of course.  He’s a pretty busy guy.  Plus he said, “If I come, It’s a little inconvenient.  Everybody’s gotta get security checked.”  He said that we had been together for quite a while now and we said, “yeah, 5 years!”  Chrissy asked him how long he took to propose to Michelle and he said 3 years.  “I should have asked you this question in front of him 2 years ago.”, Chrissy said.

Then I complimented him on his recent displays of vocal prowess.  I told him I was pleasantly surprised how good he sang.  Good tone and pitch control.  Not bad at all!

Then Chrissy was like, “Why does Mitt try to sing too?  He sings ‘America the Beautiful’, but he doesn’t stop.  Nobody even knows the 3rd verse! Why does he keep going?”  The President was just cracking up.  I said, it’s just a glitch in Mitt’s programming.  In my robot voice I said, “Mitt loves ‘sport’.”  Then Chrissy asked, “Seriously though, do you think it is even slightly possible that Mitt is a robot?  Have you ever considered that it just might be true??”  And the President just kept laughing.  And that was that.

Chrissy was really happy she asked him fun questions since she figured no one else would.  Even though we’ve spent time with him a few times before, it really is cool to speak to the President.  You can see why all these important people are still a bit starstruck.

After we spoke to the President, it was time to go. The main elevator wasn’t available, and there was a long line for the service elevator, so we just took the stairs from the penthouse.  It was 15 flights, but it’s not bad when you’re going down.  Chrissy took her heels off and we went down.

After that we went to Blue Ribbon Sushi, and Chrissy kept telling me, “I’m drunk.  You have to remember all this so I can blog it!”  I was sober because I had to sing the next day at the Houston Rodeo, so here I am remembering it all for you.  You’re welcome!

Guest blogger,

John Legend

And there you have it. Nothing too exciting actually, after the fact. You know those stories that you are so excited to share then you are only met with blank faces and you have to pull one of those “well ya had to be there” things? This is that.

Oh well. We have a strange, awesome life and I enjoy sharing it with you guys :)

PS: Also found this photo from that night….

Just made a mental note to start taking more pictures of John or with John. For the record, he looked very handsome that night. Of course.

57 Responses to “Ladies and Gentleman…a guest blogger!”

1. Monie March 3, 2012 at 2:51 pm #

Argh, one of my favorite posts!!! You guys are too cute!

2. Lisa March 3, 2012 at 2:51 pm #

Awww, too damn cute!

3. Alicia Easter (@SASS_APPEAL) March 3, 2012 at 2:52 pm #

I must say Chrissy, and this might sound creepy, but I long for the day that I will get to meet. You are amazingly funny, beautiful and a great chef!! You and John’s love exemplifies to me what true love and being best friends is all about! Cheers to you both!

P.S. My boyfriend thinks I am crazy for most of my daily decisions are made on WWCTD(What Would Chrissy Teigen Do)??

XOXO :)

4. Kimberly March 3, 2012 at 2:52 pm #

You’re both so blessed to have each other. Many blessings to you for many many years to come.

5. Camilla March 3, 2012 at 2:57 pm #

I seriously LOVE that you call him Johnny! That’s my favorite part of this blog entry. Even as a Romney supporter, I found it hilarious!

6. Brittany March 3, 2012 at 2:58 pm #

I know you two live the life but this just tops it all. I am in school studying politics right now. I have always thought John was an immensely talented performer and Chrissy you’re just stunning, but it wasn’t until I started seeing interviews with John and reading tweets that I begun to really appreciate what you guys do. I admire how politically aware and active you are. You are able to spread this message across so many different platforms and actually have the opportunity to make a difference. I live in MASS Obama’s got this state in the bag. You both do it in a way that is funny so people can enjoy reading or listening to you guys. At the end of the day you two help spread the word to get this man get reelected. Kudos to you both!

7. Laurie Jaques (@lauriejaques) March 3, 2012 at 2:59 pm #

Haha, yeah, just meeting the President… BFD… :) !

I don’t know which one of you I’m in love with more, John, you or Obama… oh wait, Puddy. Adorbs.

Thanks for sharing !!

8. Akcoxtogo March 3, 2012 at 2:59 pm #

Well Well… Mr. Guest Blogger has a great memory! I guess that’s all part if the whole “Being sober” thing.. whatver that means..

9. Arika (@karmalaluna) March 3, 2012 at 3:01 pm #

This was an awesome post and the last picture of you with the dogs is adorable!

10. Lauren March 3, 2012 at 3:04 pm #

I think I just died…. This entire bl

• Lauren March 3, 2012 at 3:07 pm #

Jesus god. Effing iPhone …… So to start where I (read: my fucking iPhone) ended…. This entire blog just made me laugh so hard an thoroughly I started crying. I must e PMSing. Whatever. Anyway… I am so happy to be one of this site’s loyal followers for all of the realness y’all convey. Thank you.

• Lauren March 3, 2012 at 3:07 pm #

Pardon my language. :)

11. Kendall March 3, 2012 at 3:09 pm #

Loved john’s guest blog!! I think this needs to be a regular thing : “Through the eyes of sober John Legend” !

12. Sarah Weir (@sarah_weir) March 3, 2012 at 3:09 pm #

Hahah I am in LOVE with the picture of you and Puddy + Pippa. That is me exactly when I come home from a night out.. except not from a night out with the PRESIDENT. What a wonderful post.

13. amandakatarina March 3, 2012 at 3:14 pm #

Amazing Post! When I read things like this, it makes me feel better about the world! lol, Thanks John for sharing! Good start to my weekend!

14. J_Michelle March 3, 2012 at 3:24 pm #

I love love love reading that blog…. My fav part was “You’re welcome!”
    You both are very cute!!
    Thanks for sharing with us all!!

15. Alyssa March 3, 2012 at 3:30 pm #

This was SO FUN to read. I didn’t want it to end :) You guys both have flawless senses of humor!

16. Cel March 3, 2012 at 3:39 pm #

hahaha I would love if she actually got the president to guess her weight! Hilarious Teigen :) John is a gentleman- Love ye guys! Hope you are feeling better after yesterday- don’t let the haters get to you, easier said than done I know :) x

17. SLS0 March 3, 2012 at 3:46 pm #

Last night, I read your tweet about robot Romney; I later drank a bottle of wine and a little bit of whiskey. I dreamt that Mitt and his “family” moved into the house behind mine, and when Bruce Willis (don’t ask me) found out, he launched a hi-tech attack and the robots fought back. After they matched our plasma-beam gun, we catapulted a huge cannonball over the fence and their house exploded so we had to fight them on the ground. I eventually stuck something into an injured Mitt’s forehead and he short-circuited.

It was an awesome dream, thanks for the inspiration.

18. Jes March 3, 2012 at 3:52 pm #

You are too funny! You ripped off your wristband!!! “Oh no I didn’t spend all night getting ready so they could slap some ugly orange wristband on me”.

No you didn’t! You looked beautiful, all classy and shit.

19. Victoria March 3, 2012 at 4:06 pm #

You are so hilarious! I seriously love how you’re so absolutely stunning yet so down to earth! I’ve officially decided you’re my new aspiration when I’m older! You are completely the perfect woman and I’m glad you and John are together and live such a fun, blissful life :)

20. Ron March 3, 2012 at 4:31 pm #

great pic of you and the kids! Who would have thought that the world’s affairs could be influenced by words of wisdom from a Teigen. haha

21. Jesse March 3, 2012 at 6:01 pm #

my hands down favorite couple in the limelight.

22. Manie March 3, 2012 at 6:08 pm #

1. Why are you and John so cute?
    2. I thought Chrissy’s jokes were funny.
    3. What a great life! Who wants to live uptown in snootsville, downtown fo’eva.

23. Dan March 3, 2012 at 7:27 pm #

Best question ever, well played

24. Esther March 3, 2012 at 11:03 pm #

Ive been followin u on twitter and reading ur blogs and u are so hilarious!!! U and john are adorable and i love reading and looking at all your food pics. Its great to know u both are so down to earth and have a great sense of humor with life! Pls keep writing, i look forward to every post!’

25. crystal March 4, 2012 at 12:11 am #

Are you two considering adopting cause I’m available. I can bunk up with Pippa. LOVE YOU BOTH..xx

26. Marna March 4, 2012 at 3:44 am #

You guys are so frickin’ cute and funny and normal seeming I LOVE IT. And, oh, PUPPIES!

27. Ricki March 4, 2012 at 8:38 am #

Great guest blogging, John! Chrissy, you’re hilarious! I haven’t tried any of your dishes YET (bookmarked a lot of them though), but I come to read your commentary. Seriously, you need a book.

Thanks for opening up your kitchen to us. :-)

28. Kylee March 4, 2012 at 10:40 am #

Very fun post!

PS – this post help me win a battle at home. My fiance always gripes when I try to get him to guest blog – now that I was able to say “John did it for Chrissy” he’s agreed no more griping :) So thank you!

29. Miss_Classy March 4, 2012 at 11:59 am #

Yeahhhh Guest blogger!! Chrissy, you’ve made it big! lol :P I enjoyed this immensely :D

Only President Obama could take all this joking around as lightheartedly as he did. What a great man, eh? ALL for Obama!

30. Stephanie March 4, 2012 at 4:05 pm #

You are so awesome that I hate it.

Please continue to be enviously-relatable.

31. stephanie March 4, 2012 at 9:37 pm #

HILARIOUS! yall are adoable!

• stephanie March 4, 2012 at 9:37 pm #

*adorable

32. Chelsea Fisher March 5, 2012 at 2:06 am #

This is so sweet and this post makes me very happy!

33. Tiffany March 5, 2012 at 8:54 am #

The storytelling is awesomess at its finest. So sad you ripped off your bracelet but lucky they didn’t play you and still let you meet the POTUS. JL should guest post more often!

34. Nora March 5, 2012 at 3:54 pm #

For asking Obama if he thinks Romney might actually be a robot, you, Chrissy, are my hero. That’s an aMAzing story.

I recently discovered your blog through some food blog wormhole — love it!

PS: This is super awkward of me to say but uh … we’re neighbors. I see you & John (I can uh call him that right?) all the time. E Village is so f’ing good for food isn’t it??

35. Shy (@BeautyNDFeast) March 5, 2012 at 5:54 pm #

Oh man. This post made my day. You guys are both hilarious!!! I could totally see this happening in my head as I was reading it hahaha

36. Jaclyn March 6, 2012 at 12:11 am #

I love that you asked him to guest blog for you and that he actually did it!! He did a very nice recap of the evening – very straight up. Your writing has a little more flair!! :)

37. Leiah March 6, 2012 at 5:56 pm #

I loved this post! :) Thanks for sharing your evening with us -guest blogger and all.

38. Shana Pierro (@ShanaMae14) March 7, 2012 at 12:32 pm #

LoveLoveLove your guest blogger! it was so funny to hear the story thru sober eyes! and he is a very engaging author but not as funny as you! Blog more please!!!

39. ashley mash March 8, 2012 at 4:07 pm #

chrissy teigen and or thrissy ceigen you are the shit!

40. beckscostello March 8, 2012 at 7:59 pm #

Awesome post. I love that you invited Barack OBbama to the wedding. Classic Chrissy. I also love the last picture, reminds me of myself after a night out, I mean who doesn’t love a drunken canine cuddle after a few bevies? :D

John Legend as a guest blogger. I’m impressed. Not bad at all ;-)

41. Cel March 8, 2012 at 8:29 pm #

one would wonder how she got her cab driver to act as a guest blogger… powerful lady :)

42. MelissaJ March 9, 2012 at 3:36 pm #

That sounds like a lot of fun! And how cute to have John as a guest blogger :) That was really cool to read and to imagine your guys’ convo w/ the President in my head.

43. Beth March 10, 2012 at 7:27 am #

i love playing that game “if you could invite 8 people for a dinner party”…..Chrissy, you would be at my dinner table….John, you too! ALways enjoy your blog and now your guest blogger! Thanks :)

44. |Future Saint| (@currentsinner) March 10, 2012 at 6:07 pm #

LOOOOVE this :)

45. all wandy March 13, 2012 at 5:29 pm #

haahaha! ONE- This was a funny post, you and John have a great sense of humour, this is why i keep coming back to read your blog (HUMUOR), besides the great recipes! ofcourse! TWO- you were in my dreams last night and it had to do with food,lol. then it came to me that i probably miss you on twitter. but glad you back. :) xx enjoy your day

46. Dustin March 24, 2012 at 3:12 pm #

Good post John! You guys are an amazing couple btw.

47. Sky March 30, 2012 at 11:44 pm #

You guys are too adorable together. But I guess thats why your gettin’ murried!!

48. Lauren May 3, 2012 at 10:56 pm #

Not many guys would ever do what just John just did for you. You two are not only a power couple, but REALISTIC, not to mention good-looking, role models!

49. Nancy Santucci (@NancySantucci) May 24, 2012 at 8:04 pm #

I just wanted to say you guys are so cute and a great couple. I love John’s music and he picked a great woman to be his muse! I love reading your blog, so keep blogging please!!

50. Kharissa August 7, 2012 at 3:21 pm #

Definitely one of my favorite posts STILL! Favorite couple ever!

51. Ashleigh Wex March 2, 2013 at 10:33 pm #

I love that you asked the POTUS if he thought Mitt Romney could really be a robot. That’s bucket list worthy. Can’t wait to see what Michelle wears to your wedding!

52. Alternatives to Google search engine March 24, 2013 at 2:38 pm #

Many thanks for scripting this exceptional post..Beloved your article content. Make sure you do hold writing

53. Bo Pelini January 10, 2014 at 1:03 am #

This is very amazing, You happen to be extremely expert doodlekit. I have became a member of your current supply and search in front for you to around goal of additional of your amazing publish. Furthermore, We’ve provided your internet-site at my myspace