Dinnertime…

3 Mar

Was soooo excited to make those Crispy Potato and Garlic Cakes for you guys, but ended up with some not-so-great (WINE) photos.

Making again tomorrow for brunch, will have it up shortly after! For now, enjoy a few photos from our night. Paired it with my chipotle chicken and that yummy apple / pecan / bleu cheese salad. Swoon.

ALSO I AM VERY MAD JOHN PUT KETCHUP ON THE TATERS I WORKED SO HARD ON THAT WERE DELICIOUS WITHOUT SAID KETCHUP BUT I DON’T WANT TO GET ALL FIRED UP AGAIN ALRIGHT I’M FIRED UP AGAIN ARGH JUST LOOK!

I’m mad all over again.

45 Responses to “Dinnertime…”

1. Jodie March 3, 2012 at 8:35 pm #

Looks tasty! Shame on the ketchup applier…. ;-) I must make your chipotle chicken, it looks amazeballs. Thanks for sharing!

2. Nicola March 3, 2012 at 8:39 pm #

Ah I wish we could get chipotles in Australia…
    Also was going to post and say that you saved my dinner party, but then I realised that I didn’t really follow your recipes at all, I mean I used your fig idea but put them on a pizza, and used PW’s salad dressing but at the last minute just put it on a bunch of leaves and was done with it. Did drink lots of wine though, so you were there in spirit?

3. Mimi March 3, 2012 at 8:42 pm #

Totally feel your pain…there is nothing more infuriating than spending hours cooking and having someone douse their food with so much damn hot sauce it burns YOUR nose, and then they dont even have the decency to try the food before said dousing. Howtf can you tell me it’s good when all you’re tasting is the hot sauce?!

4. Sara March 3, 2012 at 8:42 pm #

I approve of your anti-ketchup stance.

5. Shannon March 3, 2012 at 8:47 pm #

Oh no he didn’t! I would have hid the ketchup from my boyfriend while cooking those garlic cakes and said ‘aw we must have run out’ :) But what I really want to know is do you think duck fat made a flavor difference??

6. Elise March 3, 2012 at 8:49 pm #

And it wasnt even heinz ketchup!

7. On life and stuff March 3, 2012 at 8:54 pm #

I KNOW!!!!!!!! I absolutely understand… you spend hours, or maybe not, but you make a perfectly delicious you-name-the-dish, and here comes hubby to put LOTS of salt and sauce (whichever the type) on your creation. And then they tell you “it’s good!” HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY KNOW??? Grrrr. Makes me mad too.

8. Tanya S March 3, 2012 at 9:13 pm #

Hello, found your blog through a facebook friend that shared a post of yours. Love the recipes, I hope to try the peach-whiskey chicken tomorrow! And your love for drinking while cooking is inspiring

9. Catherine March 3, 2012 at 9:16 pm #

I LOVE how you get all bloggy-mcbloggerson from time to time! So great :)
    YOU FUNNY LADY!!

10. Kimberly March 3, 2012 at 9:19 pm #

If they taste anything like latkes, then I know they’re delicious! I mean, just look at that chicken! Yum!

Don’t be too hard on John. Surely he’s grateful he has a woman with your sweet personality, amazing good lucks, who knows how to cook (RARE NOWADAYS INDEED) and LOVES to eat! He’s got to be the envy of every straight man he knows.

11. Irene March 3, 2012 at 9:34 pm #

i’m like John — no matter the taste of the potatoes, they gotta have ketchup.. but then again, i put that shit on everything (rice, eggs… u name it)

12. shellbell March 3, 2012 at 9:51 pm #

*sigh* he’s one of THOSE huh?

13. Dana March 4, 2012 at 12:15 am #

LOL…. Love the all caps ketchup comment… I think it all looks yummy!

14. Ron March 4, 2012 at 1:52 am #

I’m with JOhn on the ketchup. They look yummy though.

15. Tracy March 4, 2012 at 9:38 am #

I finally made your chipotle marinade. My boyfriend and I are obsessed! Thanks so much for sharing… it is completely addicting!

16. leggy March 4, 2012 at 10:14 am #

i’m so obsessed with you. found your blog on friday and read all of it then tried out 3 of the recipes including the chipotle chicken. my guy friend nosa is a little obsessed with you too…okay, i’m lying, A LOT!!

17. Amanda March 4, 2012 at 12:10 pm #

Ughhhh the effin’ ketchup!!! My hubby does it on scrambled eggs that I have seasoned to perfection and it breaks my heart EVERY TIME!!! But then I put in on Philly cheese steaks and revenge is mine — BWAHAHAHAAAA!!!

18. CHRYS March 5, 2012 at 2:03 am #

HELLO!
    I AM NOT FROM AMERICA.I FIND YOU BEAUTIFUL AND A VERY INTERESTING PERSON!
    I WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING.MY WEIGHT IS OK I JUST WANT TO DROP 3 KILOS TO REACH 52, BUT YOU EAT LIKE THIS AND YOU HAVE A VERY BEAUTIFUL BODY.
    WHAT ARE YOU DOING??THANKS!

19. Mark March 5, 2012 at 3:07 am #

Noo ketchup is goood. Have been to a number of french/italian restaurants and asked for ketchup with my filet mignon, lovely though I think they thought I should be wearing a baseball bat and be called Dwane or Bubba or something

20. Tiffany March 5, 2012 at 8:51 am #

Ketchup is yummo on potatoes-they are like a variation of french fries. This looks great. I can’t wait to make it.

21. Renee @ Tortillas and Honey March 6, 2012 at 12:48 pm #

Haha, sometimes I’m guilty of the ketchup thing. Or a good ranch dressing! :-) Did I miss the recipe or the link to the potatoes?!?!?

22. Renee @ Tortillas and Honey March 6, 2012 at 2:09 pm #

Also, I was wondering– do you use skinless chicken with the marinade? Or does it not matter if it has skin or not? Thanks!!!

23. Alexandra March 6, 2012 at 4:13 pm #

My boyfriend adds ketchup to everything and it makes me mad too! I tell him it’s an insult to the chef. But, I have to admit, ketchup + potatoes is a delicious combo. Thanks for sharing!

24. Mac March 6, 2012 at 6:03 pm #

Chrissy,

Love the blog and you are a fun and entertaining follow on twitter. Do you follow Americas Test Kitchen @testkitchen ? They just posted a new “sloppy joe” recipe which looks outstanding. Check it out.

Also, we tried your egg and ham cups with cheese and pesto. Big fans!

Thanks,

Mac

25. Des L. March 7, 2012 at 6:00 pm #

Is all duck fat made equal? Do I need to be buying the fat of a particular type of duck? Because I once roasted a duck and a whole ton of fat dripped out, so now I’m thinking that instead of hunting for duck fat from a store, I’ll just buy another duck, roast it, enjoy the meal and as a bonus keep the fat in a jar for future use…?

26. becs March 8, 2012 at 2:11 am #

if you are taking a week break from twitter, i hope you to turn to happy times on your blog in addition to instagram! you know you’ve got nothing but love in this forum.

thanks to you and your blog, i have been mistaken as a good cook.

and just for the record, my time on twitter will drop significantly during the next week while you’re absent. also, i will laugh far less. thank you for both the entertainment/enlightenment and for giving your followers an insight into your incredible life for the last 2.75 years. feels creepy to have followed you for that long…yikes. cheering for you always.

27. Chloe haha March 8, 2012 at 7:35 am #

Let me guess, you are going on vacation AGAIN because life is so hard? You seem to go on vacation every other month. I’d hardly call that a tough life.

And please don’t tweet until the 14th. It will be nice not reading your bitching and moaning tweets. A vaca for all of us!!!

• becs March 8, 2012 at 9:39 am #

chloe, you live a tough life if you spend time VOLUNTARILY reading things that you don’t enjoy. your ability to read or not read Chrissy’s wit is not a function of her activity or non-activity on twitter. that “unfollow” button could come in handy in your life. i know there is no point in engaging in dialogue with you, but i just wanted to make sure you knew you still have freedom of choice. life is short. do things you love and enjoy.

• Jamie March 9, 2012 at 7:08 pm #

Why do you read her blog and follow her on twitter then? It’s very easy to hit unfollow and not come to this amazing blog. It’s your own fault if you can’t appreciate her humor and be happy for other people’s successes.

• Amanda March 10, 2012 at 12:10 pm #

Seriously?! If you don’t like to read her tweets UNFOLLOW. (like that was that hard) But for you to come to her foodie website and spew hate — not cool. At all. Chrissy is human and has the right to voice her opinion, whether it’s about killer period cramps or drippy dog butts or couch activists. Yeah, I get jealous of all the cool places that she gets to go to (and eat at), but I certainly don’t hate or berate the girl. I look fwd 2 her tweets and blog postings. She’s a real girl people!! I know that I’m a nobody to most people but IMHO I am so sick of online bullying. I don’t know why ppl feel the need 2 be assholes behind their computer screen as a bodyguard. I am so fortunate that I am not a child growing up in this technology era. I do not envy today’s generation at all. Ok, stepping off my soapbox now. Enjoy your week off twitter Chrissy and know that haters gonna hate, but ur fans love u warts ‘n all. (unless they’re genital ;-) I’M JOKING!!)

28. Joanna March 8, 2012 at 3:55 pm #

Dammit Teigen come baaaccck!!! I miss you already…gonna be a long week. At least afterwards you’ll know how many people really do like you, haters will lose patience long before the week is up and when you come back they will have moved on. Just know you’re torturing the rest of us ;)

29. Britt March 8, 2012 at 7:41 pm #

We need a recipe!!! I LOVE GARLIC its my favorite thing in the world and potatoes.. and john legend.. DUH. Please post your recipe, ive made almost everything you’ve posted <3

30. Erin March 9, 2012 at 1:16 am #

MY BOYFRIEND DOES THAT TOO! Not. Cool.

31. Jamie March 9, 2012 at 7:01 pm #

The ketchup thing would TOTALLY piss me off.

32. Caty March 11, 2012 at 12:07 pm #

so do you normally eat the foods you make?

I have a habit of baking for my bf and not eating it. I am so tempted, but if I start eating I won’t stop! lol

33. shellbell March 12, 2012 at 7:38 pm #

Ok please do a post on here before the 14th to say hi to people that ACTUALLY love you!! I miss you on twitter!!

34. Kimberly Tia Ryborz March 15, 2012 at 11:48 am #

This looks fantastic!!! Your blog and entries are so inspiring, that I’ve begun my own blog.
    I’m a daily and email subscribers of yours and I just love your humor and great taste in BACON. ha ha ha keep up the amazing work girl!

35. 20somethingcupcakes (@sassyinthekitch) March 16, 2012 at 10:52 am #

So, I heard about your blog somewhere the other day and then I saw it on Martha’s blogroll and remembered the name, thinking, I’ve heard that before … and here I am! You are hilarious and I am SO loving the passion. And how.freaking.insane. are duck fat potatoes?! Hi. OMG.

36. Liz March 18, 2012 at 11:55 am #

Did you just go to blackberry farm? (using deductive powers on your tweets). If so, PLEASE PLEASE blog about it? It’s on my life list. There can never be too many descriptions about the food. Thx.

37. Margaret March 20, 2012 at 9:18 pm #

New blog please!!!!!!!!!!

38. natashbobash March 22, 2012 at 10:13 am #

jesus christ. people on your twitter are entirely too literal. loool.

39. erin April 18, 2012 at 2:28 pm #

Any chance you’ll be makign the Crispy Potato and Garlic Cakes again soon? Or even just posting the recipe? They look so freaking good..

40. agate cameo March 22, 2013 at 5:43 pm #

Hello it’s me, I am also visiting this website on a regular basis, this website is in fact pleasant and the visitors are in fact sharing pleasant thoughts.|

41. Martha Gabbie (@marthagetsit) May 31, 2013 at 7:00 pm #

Hi Chrissy,
    The recipe for the Crispy Potato and Garlic Cakes isn’t posted. Could you maybe post it? I mean, if you have time or whatever. :)