Pork Chops with Garlic and Wine.

28 Feb

If I could alter the title of this recipe, it would be, “Kinda Ugly When Plated Pork Chops with SO FREAKING MUCH GARLIC and Some Wine But It Is AWESOME”.

I don’t have much to say about this meal. It was easy enough, although I do like to juggle a million different things at once by making a ton of other side dishes that allll call for your one oven at different temperatures. I enjoy driving myself crazy, apparently. It IS an easy recipe, as long as you don’t have too much else going on.

It was good. I’m always a bit scared of pork chops because they always tend to taste a little watery to me, no matter where I get ‘em from. But I think I used about 25 cloves of garlic in this (I’m a beast) and seasoned like a madman, in fear. And it was perfect. As I said in the post below, I paired it with that apple / pecan / blue cheese salad and the brussels (I’ll never get over that extra ‘s’) sprouts. It was the PERFECT MEAL. The perfect blend of flavors and just plain pretty. That salad is so, so pretty.

I’ll divide this up into 3 posts, this being the first….here are my pictures from the pork chops!

Yikes, see….that’s an ugly photo. I promise it’s delicious : )

Pioneer Woman’s Garlic and Wine Pork Chops HERE!

Let me know how it goes! xx

25 Responses to “Pork Chops with Garlic and Wine.”

1. Katherina February 28, 2012 at 4:47 pm #

Soooo this makes me wanna give up my vegetarianism!

2. April Larabee February 28, 2012 at 4:50 pm #

Husband is not a fan of pork chops…if this doesn’t change his mind, nothing will. Thanks for sharing PW :)

3. April Larabee February 28, 2012 at 4:51 pm #

Oops I meant thanks for sharing PW’s recipe…

4. Renee @ Tortillas and Honey February 28, 2012 at 4:51 pm #

I was just eying (that spelling totally doesn’t look right) this recipe of hers the other day! I think this is a sign that I need to make this soon! :-)

5. thedancingrunner February 28, 2012 at 4:51 pm #

Oh my word that looks good. So my boyfriend lives for pork chops and I never cook pork but I just may convert one time and try these!

6. Dominick S. February 28, 2012 at 5:01 pm #

This looks delicious…I had a similar meal on my last trip to New York at a place called Prime Meats in Brooklyn. Put pork chops back on the map with me! Glad you’re back to a little less hectic pace of life and congrats on all the developments over the last month!

7. chericeallen@gmail.com February 28, 2012 at 5:09 pm #

I made these after you mentioned it on Twitter. Came out super tasty but a lil ugly. Hubsand and toddler loved it so smiles all around! Thanks for the recipe!

8. Denise Miller (@IrieDame) February 28, 2012 at 5:20 pm #

Must be me but that last photo does not seem ugly, in fact it makes me hungry….stop posting these updates when I am still at work!!!!

9. shellbell February 28, 2012 at 6:52 pm #

damn that looks good. i’ve been so obsessed with roasted garlic lately. put it in my guac, in my hummus, in anything that i can.

have a great day bestie!

michelle

10. Meredith February 28, 2012 at 9:10 pm #

Thank you for the post-binge. Loved it. And also, if you ever feel like having restaurant BrusselS, the ones at Alta in the West Village are incredible. In fact, will you please have them and then figure out how to make them and post that? I know there are definitely apples and pancetta in them (yes, as mentioned, they are awesome), but I can never get the whole dish just right.

11. Renee February 28, 2012 at 10:26 pm #

I (heart) pig!!!!!

12. Brian Hackathorn February 29, 2012 at 12:56 am #

Chrissy – You really must search out and find an “Iowa Pork Chop”. 1-1/2″ thick, bone-in center-cut loin chops. So tasty, and not at all watery. The king of all pork chops!

13. Sarah February 29, 2012 at 11:39 am #

I fux with pork so these will be on my stove soon!

14. Yasmin Lennie (@YasminLennie) March 1, 2012 at 5:32 am #

This looks amazing! I’m embarressed to say that despite my love of bacon I have NEVER made pork chops. (hangs head in shame). I will definately try these!

15. xoxome11 March 1, 2012 at 10:06 am #

First, welcome back Crissy! I try to be understanding and think about if I had to blog I’d never get around to it and then I’d feel all guilty, etc. BUT, fact is, your posts always rock and we really do miss you!!!!!

Second, pork chops are just the best things ever and I always have to see a good recipe to be reminded of how much I love them. I’ll def try these soon, but in the meantime, to you and all of your pork-chop loving readers, I made Giada’s pork chops from her comfort food episode this weekend and the flavors were just simply amazing — pancetta, brandy, onion, thyme — soooo good!

• xoxome11 March 1, 2012 at 10:08 am #

oops…sorry I mis-spelled your name, Chrissy — my friend is Crissy with no “h”!

16. @Sandra_Rodrii March 1, 2012 at 12:53 pm #

If you cut tiny slits along the edges of the chops they won’t curl like that.
    You’re welcome.

17. heathmarie83 March 4, 2012 at 8:40 pm #

I tried this recipe tonight and it was amazing! I thought I had balsamic but didn’t, so I substituted with 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar which gave it a great flavor! Thanks for sharing!

18. happyBBB March 9, 2012 at 12:08 am #

Tried this today, Just amazingggggggggg

19. Stace April 26, 2012 at 12:46 pm #

See now I referenced this on your brussel sprouts recipe before I noticed you tried the pork chop recipe. WHEW! its official, I am now a fan of YOU…..my fellow foodie! Isnt this recipe just the bomb. Although next time Im going to substitue the pork for chicken (I’m trying to deflab; ‘fat’ the side effect of over indulging in my foodie passion)

20. Ashly May 8, 2012 at 11:05 pm #

Just made this tonight–I toasted little slices of baguette, spread a clove of garlic on it, put the chops on top and spooned sauce alllllll over. HO. LEE. SHIT, I *want to drink that sauce.

*I did drink that sauce.

21. age136 March 4, 2013 at 4:12 pm #

I just made this again (I’ve made it once before). This time, I used larger bone-in chops. I also let the sauce thicken for a few minutes longer than I thought I should have – I’m a meddler. It thickened into a beautiful, flavorful sauce. This just became one of my go-to recipes… I wonder if I could use this with chicken drumsticks or thighs…

22. Michael T. Clark December 20, 2013 at 11:13 pm #

Very quickly this web site will be famous amid all blogging visitors, due to it’s pleasant articles or reviews

1. Maple and Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin with a Jammy Red Wine and Garlic Sauce | The Postmodern Housepartner - March 12, 2012

[...] other week,  Chrissy Teigen made The Pioneer Woman’s Pork Chops with a Red Wine and Garlic Sauce.  I really wanted to [...]

2. retailer - January 23, 2013

…Take a look for more Information on that topic…

[...]you make blogging glance[...]…