MORE MEAT

15 Feb

O man! I swear I am trying to touch up the photos for a totally different post but am seeing soooo many great things in my albums that I’ve been eating lately. That I took photos of. Because I am a dork.

This photo is from the 2nd order I placed for this same exact burger the next day. I opened up the first one and ate it before I could get my camera. I have problems.

I guess I haven’t really had time to cook lately so I’ve been eating out (or calling in) some yummy shit.

My friend Melissa texted me the other day and said, “Wherrrrre can I order, for delivery, a delicious burger that is, you know, organic and nice but not fancy restaurant style?”

My reply? “I DON’T KNOW BUT YOU WRITE ME BACK IMMEDIATELY WHEN YOU FIND OUT”.

Melissa is awesome because we are the same about food. We love delicious things, of course, but want to feel good about what we eat. Hence my low-carb crap, it just makes me feeeeeel better. I wake up hungry rather than weighed down by last night’s pasta. It’s nice. Although of course I do go crazy for one meal once a week just to stay sane. Usually on lasagna verdi day at Frank NYC (2nd Ave and 5th street). Anyhow, I frequently get messages from her asking if there is any kind of equally satisfying, low-carb version of a dish that is completely carby like scalloped potatoes or something. It makes me so happy. We are the same.

Her asking for that burger was basically like a commercial for me. I am an advertiser’s DREAM. As in, if I see a commercial with something alluring on it, I MUST HAVE IT THAT DAY. Even knowing those “flame-broiled burgers” are raw on the inside and cooked with a torch and spray painted with grill marks and the sesame seeds are placed atop the hand-painted bun with tiny tweezers for the commercial, I still must have it. That stupid sticky roller that picks up every piece of pet hair (or pennies apparently, if you just have tons of pennies on your floor at all times) — I must have it. Oxy Clean? Have a plastic tub full of it already. I want more. The only thing I don’t want right now is a subscription to Education Connection, a catheter, or an attorney for ruined vaginal mesh. Seriously what the fuck? Why does it need a commercial? Do people need to be reminded that their vaginal mesh is ruined and they might need a lawyer for it? Is it something that isn’t constantly on their mind and they just need a gentle prodding to do something about it? More importantly, WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT. Please don’t answer.*

Anyhow. She found a burger. She described it to me using words that were pretty much dirty-talk to me.

I had the burger. I saw heaven.

Lettuce-wrapped, which is highly underrated. With the perfect lettuce, good ol’ fashioned iceberg and perfectly cooked, juicy meat, you will not miss the bun. I promise.

Order it with chipotle mayo and thank me later. Also seems insanely easy to replicate the entire burger. Just lettuce, tomato, onion, and a turkey patty. Mix your mayo with sriracha hot sauce.

I ate this 3 times in 4 days. It’s that good. Now I’m starving.

Lucky’s Famous Burgers

147 East Houston Street  New York, NY 10002

(212) 254-4900

* No offense if something is wrong with your vaginal mesh. All comments on my blog are based on pure confusion and / or my own opinion.

44 Responses to “MORE MEAT”

1. thedancingrunner February 15, 2012 at 1:47 pm #

Mayo with sriracha hot sauce…tempting!! Actually anything with sriracha is good in my book. I just might have to replicate that concoction!

2. shellbell February 15, 2012 at 1:59 pm #

only you, chrissy teigen, could go from burgers to vaginal mesh. only you.

xoxo

3. Megan February 15, 2012 at 2:01 pm #

Haha, the vaginal mesh stuff reminded me of when a friend came over to my house and saw the mesh thing I put in the shower drain to stop hair from clogging it sitting on the bathroom counter and thought it was a weird birth control device.

4. Kami February 15, 2012 at 2:28 pm #

Chrissy, you’re my girl crush. Congrats on everything happening in your life! I also just got engaged – and suddenly I’m strangely eager to just cook and clean and buy plants. (What chemically happens when that ring is put on our finger??) You help me realize that there needs to be less plant fertilization action in my home and more sexy sauteing. Do you have any crock-pot recipes? xoxo

5. Sarah February 15, 2012 at 2:34 pm #

okay so i’m doing a frigging blog because you have convinced me that swearing like a sailor means nothing in the foodie world. thank you <3 I am inspired and excited

6. Kristyn Thiel February 15, 2012 at 2:35 pm #

HAHAAH omg this post literally made me laugh out loud and im sitting in a super boring english lit. class so naturally i look like and idiot laughing to myself in the back of classroom. Anyway….i am most likely going to have a burger now (wrapped in lettuce) after reading this post!!! Also I love….

7. uhhlizabeth February 15, 2012 at 2:40 pm #

Chrissy, my dream is that your blog gives you enough cred that you can be a judge on Iron Chef/any cooking show. You would be so much more fun to watch.

8. Bess February 15, 2012 at 4:37 pm #

I just came across your blog and I’m about to go back and stalk all the old posts…this one was freakin’ hilar. I need that burger like yesterday. Vaginal mesh..?!?! hahaha

9. Tiffany February 15, 2012 at 5:17 pm #

I went through so many emotions just now. Hungry/grossed out. Burger=mmmm vagina ickyness=ewwww

10. Jesse February 15, 2012 at 5:39 pm #

I found another effective way to avoid carbs (or food in general): type “vaginal mesh” into a Google image search. Thanks Chrissy. I’ll never be able to unsee that.

11. Nikole February 15, 2012 at 9:02 pm #

I love that someone else LOVES their burgers sans-bun! Iceberg lettuce was made for one of two reasons: to be used to wrap a burger and to be used in lettuce wraps ((like the ones you posted!)). Yay for spreading the word!

If any of you have not tried it, you MUST! A burger with the bun is just not as good anymore…

12. Chloe February 16, 2012 at 6:35 am #

Let me guess, the dogs are at home by themselves while you party around Vegas. You are such a great parent, good job!

I love how you said you would tweet a ton during your travels but but you are barely tweeting in Vegas. All the other SI models are tweeting more.

You really need to get muscle definition in your legs. I love how you claim you eat a ton yet you have bony chicken legs. The other SI model have better bodies.

I can’t wait to see next week when you announce you are/need going on vacation (again). Life is so hard and stressful for you…right.

• Pam February 16, 2012 at 1:08 pm #

OMG Crazy woman! If you don’t like what she says DON’T READ HER BLOG! You are a nutso stalker woman who needs a life. Jealous much?

• Chloe February 16, 2012 at 6:47 pm #

Um yea, I’m jealous of someone that looks anorexic. It’s just funny that she claims to eat a ton but clearly either throws everything up or starves herself.

Oh yea…Chrissy please answer this: Why are you ALWAYS orange? Layoff the spray tans. Natural is always better.

• chrissyteigen February 16, 2012 at 8:45 pm #

Your comments at this point are just plain entertaining now. Even you don’t believe the shit you say, you do it for attention, and it makes me so, so happy that you take time out of your day to not only comment on every post, but also check up for replies. So here you go. I’m leaving you a comment in the small amount of time I have actually having a life. I don’t even fully read what you say anymore and don’t even give a fuck enough to delete it. You are dumb, jealous piece of trash but I am grateful you contribute to my site’s traffic, which is super helpful and a major factor in me sealing my own show. Then you can write your whiney fucking shit to the network instead, dumbshit.

Anyhow, please keep commenting and visiting. You are the best!

Thank you!

• Tanja February 16, 2012 at 10:12 pm #

Re. Dumb ass “Chloe” I always find it funny when people feel the need to write hateful, mean comments online from the windows of their sad, pathetic, and lonely lives. Sure, go on about how “Chrissy is this… and that,” but you follow her on twitter and read her blog. Time to brush that cat hair off your shoulder and focus on ironing out your deep seated psychological issues Chloe.
        Chrissy you’re a cool chick with a hot ass and you’re truly fabulous, You make me want to perfect my “chefery.” I’m new to your blog and I’m intrigued and addicted. cheers mamacita!

• amandakatarina February 17, 2012 at 2:57 pm #

You. Are. Crazy! wtf, how obsessed are you? And YES you are jealous, you CLEARLY need to concentrate on your own life a bit more, do it for your sake as well as for everyone else!

• Sarah February 22, 2012 at 5:00 pm #

Yeah…SO anorexic! You’re nutso. Also, she states all the time that she eats a LOW CARB diet. Chrissy is beautiful & hysterical, and she sure as shit doesn’t care about your nasty comment. Lay off!

13. Pam February 16, 2012 at 1:17 pm #

Anywhoo.. Chrissy you have really helped me with my cooking. I didn’t realize how much I liked cooking until I read your blog (which I have read from Day 1 btw) After the too much salt stuffed pepper fiasco (thanks for the nice comment telling me you’ve screwed up in cooking too) I have gone on to make: boursin stuffed chicken, chipolte bbq, the mexican lasgana, proscioutto wrapped figs, lemon garlic chicken, scalloped potatoes, cheesy guacomole, baked egg in ham cups ,apple turnovers, oreo stuffed cookies (my students loved them) Wow, until I wrote this I didn’t realize how much I utilized your blog to help me cook! I really appreciate your candid humour!

14. Yvonne February 16, 2012 at 2:38 pm #

I LOVE your blog!!! I drool over the pictures of food you post, laugh like a crazy lunatic and get inspired to be a better cook! I’m hoping to see a book soon :)

15. Lauren D. February 17, 2012 at 3:13 pm #

Chrissy –

I was able to travel to Miami for work this week and I had the most incredible, exciting, happenstance thing happen to me. I met Giada DeLaurentiis!!!!!!!! I was leaving the bar/pool area at my hotel and there she was, sitting next to, of all people Bobby Flay!!!!! I mean, as a total food nut, I clearly freaked out. I composed myself and asked if I could shake each of their hands and just said that I was a big fan and appreciated their work so much and quickly left them to get back to their evening (I have no idea if this is annoying to celebrities or not. It probably is. I tried to be super respectful though and just appreciative, and also really brief but I hope it wasn’t like “oh hey, crazy chick. go away.”) And of course, after I walked away (seeing as how it took every ounce of emotional control for me not to ask to sit with them, be best friends and share every one of their recipes I’ve ever attempted) and was heading out the door, I BROKE INTO A MASSIVE UGLY CRY. Who does that for Food Network Stars? This girl! ANYWAY – I just wanted to share that with you because knowing what a food nut you are too, I figured you would understand what I meant when I told my friends that this was bigger and better to me than running into Brad and Angelina!! And after writing all of this out, it has also occured to me that there is a chance you’ve already met Bobby and or/Giada yourself anyway…lol! Anyway, just know that if I ever meet you randomly on the street, I used up all of my composure trying to not cry on Giada and Bobby, so I’ll be completely unhinged and may even hug you.

Also FABULOUS article/spread on StyleCaster!!

16. Zoe Tyler (@StyleFoodie) February 18, 2012 at 11:49 am #

Lettuce wrapped burgers are the bomb! I love making lettuce wraps, makes low carb eating so much easier.

17. jes713 February 19, 2012 at 10:02 pm #

just came across your blog for the first time and i don’t plan to ever leave… (at least until i’m done reading all the posts). you had me at burger and then you had me even more at vaginal mesh. speaking of catheter commercials, who uses the recycled ones???
    -Jes

18. Carly February 20, 2012 at 8:42 pm #

Just tried to replicate this recipe for dinner tonight and HOLY HELL was it amazing! You were right, the lettuce is wayy better than a bun and you don’t get that gross I just ate a burger the size of my head feeling. I seasoned the turkey burgers with whole foods (never fail) chipotle seasoning and made a greek yogurt based remoulade sauce. This recipe is definitely going to end up as a summer staple and I could not be happier about it!

19. MIchelle February 21, 2012 at 12:25 pm #

I just recently came across your blog and you are now my offical girl crush. I made lettuce wrapped burgers this weekend and sooo ah-mazing.

20. Natalie February 21, 2012 at 4:18 pm #

Probably THE most AMAZING burgers I have had. And those fries…. Absolutely worth the any amount of miles I have to run to burn them off…. And they deliver. Aye dios please help me, I am addicted :)

21. Jill February 21, 2012 at 11:47 pm #

You know when you go camping and you’re having a great time with your friends and everyone’s enjoying themselves chatting, drinking and roasting s’mores around the campfire, and then you all decide to go to bed after a fun night and snuggle into your tent, but then you unfortunately come across this annoying mosquito that’s buzzing around and you just can’t seem to find it and smack it against the tent? Chrissy has set up this blog to be a place where it’s fun to go to and share fun comments and recipes with each other. ::buzz off::

22. Caroline Justice February 22, 2012 at 1:04 pm #

ATTENTION: BACON AND VODKA, CHRISSY. I REPEAT: BACON AND VODKA.

This has nothing to do with this post, but I just saw this while browsing for cocktail recipes and my first thought was that you HAVE to see this.

23. Cara Thron-Jimenez February 22, 2012 at 11:27 pm #

I am a YMC reader…love her! I came across your blog from her’s and am now in love. :) I almost had to stop my 3-day Cooler Juice Cleanse to go cook one of your recipes. Keep up the great work!! xoxoxoxo

24. A February 23, 2012 at 12:54 am #

Just found your blog via the plug on WWHL which my hubs and I watch every night. You guys were funny. Anyway, love your cooking and food posts- I, too, have been a food blogger fr 7 (!) years so I’m deep into food geekdom, half-Japanese so I love the food of my childhood but am also a total fanatic for Italian. Looking forward to reading more posts!

25. kelli c February 23, 2012 at 9:19 am #

YOU and John were so hilariously adorable on WWHL! My favorite guests thus far and I watch EVERY single night. Totally girl crushing on you. ;)

• chrissyteigen February 24, 2012 at 11:38 am #

aw man thank you!! i can def understand why people think i am totally annoying though — i watched it yesterday. my laugh. AH! haha

26. Amanda February 23, 2012 at 2:02 pm #

Amazing reccommendation. I discovered that the uptown location delivers to my office..soo guess what I ordered for lunch? SO freaking good. I might have to get it again tomorrow.

27. Lizzie February 24, 2012 at 7:04 am #

You are so hilarious!!!
    I’m also now addicted to The Pioneer Woman and have been cooking some of her recipes to the delight of anyone who gets a taste! Thanks Chrissy!

28. Mary Catherine February 24, 2012 at 10:03 am #

You should also check out http://www.bareburger.com/ for another delicious, organic, lettuce wrapper burger

• chrissyteigen February 24, 2012 at 11:37 am #

right by my house too! been dying to try!

29. Caty February 25, 2012 at 2:05 pm #

loved you & John on WWHL! Great fun :)
    may I ask you what your exercise or diet regimen is? I think you look so fabulous!

30. Colleen February 28, 2012 at 8:17 pm #

I get so excited when I remember that you live in NYC and not LA which means I can go to the food places you talk about. Thanks for the burger rec and Franks on 2nd I’m super excited to try to lasagna

31. Macey Hall (@maceyhall) March 7, 2012 at 1:29 pm #

My friend and I are embarking on a burger tour of NYC. The hunt for the best is on! Thanks to your suggestion, we started it last night at Lucky’s. You are right, it was SO good, and you totally don’t miss the bun if you get lettuce. And while amazing, the chipotle mayo was so spicy that I think my tastebuds will be messed up for a week. When we told the cashier about our burger tour her main concern was that our arteries would be a-hurting and she commented that it was an odd time to start because “you twos have already been eating McDonald’s your whole life, though.”

Would love your suggestions on any and all places we should add to our list! You clearly know where it’s at. Love your blog! Read about the first stop here: http://burger-bitchez.tumblr.com/

32. chrystal kfir March 8, 2012 at 5:06 pm #

I live about 2 blocks from here and have been to lure many of times, but generally to eat their mac n cheese(yea its good).. Welllll the other day i drank a wee bit too much for it to be only 2 pm and was at the mercer, so I strolled across the street and gave your burger a try. Very good, for the carb-concious diet i am which totes cheated by drinking lots of wine that afternoon. Thanks for the recommendation!!

• c March 8, 2012 at 5:13 pm #

BTW I was talking about Lure’s bunless burger not lucky. I thought I had read Lure.. IDK why!!

• c May 8, 2012 at 9:03 am #

Can you remove these comments please with my full name in them?

33. Alternatives to Google search engine March 24, 2013 at 2:38 pm #

Many thanks for penning this decent publish..Cherished your posts. Make sure you do preserve writing