MEAT

15 Feb

In Vegas! Time to start the official Vegas leg of Sports Illustrated Swim launch week! Currently sitting up in bed, waiting to shower. Waiting because I had a spray tan right after we landed. A THREE AM SPRAY TAN! You’re supposed to wait 8 hours before showering so here I am, festering in my own stink.

I always talk about something disgusting before something delicious. Or after. What is wrong with me.

Look! Ribs. Sweet, sweet ribs.

Was going through photos and came across this one that immediately made me hungry again. The post-Grammy food fest we had at wonderful “Jar” in LA.

Meat lovers paradise.

Working on a new post with 3 new, crazy-delicious recipes but also wanted to tell you: GO TO JAR. And get the lychee martini. But be warned. It sneaks up on you. Well I guess I can’t really say it sneaks up on you when you have 4.

Jar

8225 Beverly Blvd

LA, CA, 90048

(323) 655-6566

14 Responses to “MEAT”

1. Brittany February 15, 2012 at 12:43 pm #

Chrissy I was waiting to see your face on the cover! The photo of you in the cut out bathing suit is incredible. It looks like an editorial photo in Vogue. I lovee And as always so so beautiful at the Grammy’s. Perfect hair and makeup

• chrissyteigen February 15, 2012 at 1:30 pm #

thank you so much! really happy with the issue this year!

2. Angela February 15, 2012 at 1:20 pm #

I LOVE JAR!!! I went there for post-Christmas brunch last year. Very cool place :)

3. Luci February 15, 2012 at 1:32 pm #

Oh myyy that looks like HEAVEN.

I was searching your archives (hi! stalker!) and was wondering if you could post something like a “typical low carb day/week”. I’m trying to keep the carbs down in prep for my wedding in Sept (congrats on your engagement!) and am looking for GOOD TASTING FOOD to keep me going.

With love and bacon,
    –Luci

4. Julie February 15, 2012 at 1:53 pm #

I love Jar! I love the kind of retro vibe, that always makes me feel like I’m in Mad Men and so I order a Manhattan, which I then immediately regret because bourbon makes me gag. I’m not even a dessert person but the butterscotch pudding is soooo good. Now I want to go. And order a manhattan.

• chrissyteigen February 15, 2012 at 2:29 pm #

lol i do that shit all the time, but with champagne. I get terribly sick from it but it always seems like a great idea

5. Andrea Alexander February 15, 2012 at 7:44 pm #

Chrissy! You look gorgeous and the food is amazing! Can’t wait to try some recipes.

6. Uhhlizabeth (@Uhhlizabeth) February 15, 2012 at 11:11 pm #

This inspired me to make ribs today! I added jalapeno jam to the glaze and it was the best idea. I made one lychee drink ( but ran out of SOHO) so I am stirring up a pitcher of vodka lemonade made with honey instead of regular sugar… my friends are addicted to it.

Alsoooo my friend is here and she says she saw you behind-ish Marc Anthony in the audience at the Grammys and ooo la la so pretty.

(back to tipsy rib eating!)

7. Mark Rigney February 18, 2012 at 3:07 pm #

The pot roast at Jar is off the hook.

8. emma February 22, 2012 at 3:06 am #

Chrissy, you are beautiful. How do you love food so much(and actually eat it) and stay so slim. Pls let me in on your secret!work out? stay away from carbs? Would love to know!

9. Anna Kurfees February 27, 2012 at 3:17 am #

Have you ever been to Hash-House a Go Go? it was on bacon mania on the travel channel. everything was made of bacon.

10. Carmen February 29, 2012 at 2:17 am #

Have you ever tried Texas De Brazil in Vegas?! It’s a Brazilian steakhouse and its DEEEEELISHIOUS!!!

11. Alternatives to Google search engine March 24, 2013 at 2:38 pm #

Thanks for writing this extraordinary submit..Cherished your article content. Make sure you do always keep writing

12. Suzi September 28, 2013 at 2:14 am #

Who even looks like that when eating ribs? So freaking elegant.