Shhhhhhhhhhh…

7 Feb

I’m sleepy.

I hope you all had a delicious Super Bowl! It was my life’s goal to make a big super bowl post, a la the one I did for Thanksgiving — but I truly just had no time. I started realizing that I was rushing through cooking, taking terrible photos, and DREADING going to the grocery store because of the countless other things on my mind. It wasn’t fun so I kind of just gave up :( But I do hope you got the chance to see my links to those bacon meatballs and other recipes on my twitter timeline. Judging from the photos I received, the meatballs were a huge, huge hit!

Here’s some pics of mine…taken by phone. Dogs ate my camera, remember…

So….just a warning….post-wise, it’s not gonna get any better now. For I am off to LA for the Grammy’s, then, for the third year in a row, I am forced to take the red eye home directly after to do all the press business that comes with something as massive as the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue. The red-eye only sucks because you miss all the parties, but I’ve come to realize it’s the most hilarious flight EVER. It’s FULL of people who go straight from the ceremony or the parties, so everyone is dressed up, and more importantly, DRUNK AS SHIT. It is pure comedy to be at baggage claim in New York, seeing everyone come down the escalator, half asleep from the flight, in wrinkled suits or pulling bobby pins out of their hair.

We have an SI Swim launch in NYC, run around to every media outlet possible, then have the party (which we bring our luggage to) then immediately head to Vegas for a few more days of press and parties. From there I go to Miami for one night, then Orlando for All-Star weekend. NOOOO complaints here, I mean what a wonderful freaking life I get to live, just so much going on this month when paired with the hoopla of the Super Bowl, my anxiety levels are sky high. I only know wherrrre I have to go. I have no times, no itineraries, no idea what is happening…and I am such a planner so this drives me nuts…

That top photo? I’m doing that now. I know I was only in Indy, but man, it feels like jet lag.

I have a fashion shoot at the French Culinary Institute tomorrow. Will try to take some behind the scenes photos of that craziness. Let’s just hope class is in session.

Sorry for my neglect :( Miss you guys but know you’ll be with me through all my travels in spirit. Spirit = twitter.

Xx!!

34 Responses to “Shhhhhhhhhhh…”

1. thedancingrunner February 7, 2012 at 2:34 pm #

The meatball sandwich looks deeelish! Looks like you guys had a great time. I didn’t get to eat or cook any super bowl food so will just have to live thru your photos. Have fun on your travels and will definitely stay tuned on the Tweeter! ;-)

2. Denise Miller (@IrieDame) February 7, 2012 at 2:35 pm #

Something about that sleeping picture is just sheer perfection…anyhooooo…this is clearly a busy season for you so thanks for still updating this blog…sure we all love the recipes but we all enjoy the other stuff you share as well…good luck to you over the next few weeks. Maybe I will see you on Delta…1A is my fave seat!

• chrissyteigen February 7, 2012 at 2:39 pm #

lol i can’t do bulkheads! like having my purse. such a weirdo i am.

3. Idah February 7, 2012 at 2:35 pm #

Hellloo,

Thanks for the post.

For a while I had nothing new, easy to make and some deliciousness to cook!

4. Anna Kurfees February 7, 2012 at 2:46 pm #

What’s the easiest recipe for a beginner? I need it to be delicious, but simple because I can’t cook, although I am trying to impress someone by cooking dinner…

• NataliyaNYC February 7, 2012 at 3:46 pm #

Find CT’s recipe for Bacon Boursin Chicken. AMAZEBALLS and SOOO EASYYYYY.

5. Kelly @ Evil Shenanigans February 7, 2012 at 3:18 pm #

I am so glad you enjoyed the Super Evil Bacon Meatballs! Your subs looked yummy! Thanks for sharing my recipe! So appreciated.

6. daniel February 7, 2012 at 3:47 pm #

Is it bad I liked the sleeping pic more than the meatball pics? Am I creepy? Ignore that…sorry John. oh! We have the same birthday so HAPPY BELATED! I celebrate for 6 months, idk about you. But any who, congrats on everything aaaand if you get insomnia during high stress periods like me, good luck and happy carbs!

7. April Larabee February 7, 2012 at 4:19 pm #

Ok, since you so kindly updated your blog family on the upcoming silence, I will not be a #slavedriver on Twitter.

Happy travels!!

8. Miss_Classy February 7, 2012 at 5:48 pm #

You look beautiful even when you sleep! :)

Just made those oreo stuffed cookies the other day and it was awful sweet but yummy! Thank you as always!

• chrissyteigen February 8, 2012 at 12:01 am #

thank you / you’re welcome!!! it issss a full hair and makeup catnap though. haha

9. Erin Steed (@ErinIsabella) February 7, 2012 at 8:59 pm #

Please tell me who makes that gorgeous duvet/comforter! I love it :) Have fun on your whirlwind trips!

10. Schuyler Maedjaja (@skymaedja) February 7, 2012 at 9:07 pm #

these look delicious and like something i could handle making. also, you included the most helpful thing: step by step photos complete with thumbs up pic! can’t wait to try these.

11. Penelope Davis February 7, 2012 at 10:19 pm #

Trying this soon! Not really food related, but I thought I would have a higher chance of getting a response here. Is the DiNeila swimsuit that is the strapless jungle print top ever going to be available to buy on the fx4 boutique website? Thanks you’re awesome

12. candybarbie February 8, 2012 at 2:23 am #

Here’s to wishing you fun and safe travels! And as always I will be looking forward to future blog posts….but in the meantime I will be following (stalking) you on Twitter!

btw…LOVE the photo of you sleeping! you are a regular Sleeping Beauty :)

xo @misslindsaykaep

13. Ron February 8, 2012 at 9:36 am #

Chrissy, have fun this month! Miss you much. I cant wait to try making those meatballs, I’m making your mom’s scalloped potatoes with the leftover ham from last night. I cant wait to dig in!

14. fashboulevard February 8, 2012 at 12:41 pm #

So fun. Happy to have another amazing receipt. Thanks, love. xo

15. JIll February 8, 2012 at 9:24 pm #

You look gorgeous! Glad you’re busy and living life, things will fall into place naturally :) And did you see all the people saying John was mean to post this picture of you on Facebook lol – I died! <3 xo

16. Kristina February 9, 2012 at 4:57 am #

Hey Chrissy, don’t know if you read all your comments, but I must say… Yours is one that makes me laugh, hungry, envious, and so addicted to your blog. Love that you are so down to earth yet live a high profile life. Best wishes to you and John and keep cooking those yummy recipes. My bf might be lucky one day that I’ll test it out on him x0x0 kristina

17. Jennifer Martinez February 11, 2012 at 7:39 pm #

Can you make these!? Just add bacon and BAM!

18. KateSouth February 12, 2012 at 11:43 am #

Oh God, that sandwich looks amazingly delicious. Now I’m hungry. Have fun at the festivities – I now kind of want to visit the JFK baggage claim just to watch the stumbling, rumpled, pretty people :)

19. Joanne February 13, 2012 at 2:54 pm #

Chrissy,

I have made a few recipes from your blog and they have always been a hit! I made this yesterday and got so may compliments. Seriously, everyone should make this! Thanks again!

20. Christie February 13, 2012 at 7:13 pm #

is this what John will get you for Valentine’s day?

21. Madison February 13, 2012 at 11:03 pm #

Hi Chrissy! 1. just wanted to congratulate you on SI swimsuit! 2. I saw on twitter that you made Pioneer Woman’s pork chops! I have them on my must-make list for this weekend and was wondering how it went / if you made any changes!

thanks!

22. Jade Brooks February 13, 2012 at 11:40 pm #

I remember seeing a photo of a pile of cook books that you had gotten as gifts for maybe your bday?? Anyway, can you please do a post about your fave cook books out there? P.S. I tried sending you a link on twitter about the incredible wedding inspiration website called http://www.thelane.com check it out..it’s amaze. xxoo from Hawaii.

Aloha,

Jade

23. Joanna February 14, 2012 at 12:47 am #

Completely unrelated to this post: I just saw some of your swimsuit photos on SI’s website…you look perfect. Really. You look amazing and all the photos are stunning!!

• chrissyteigen February 15, 2012 at 1:32 pm #

thank you! and never forget: EVERYONE is photoshopped :) xx

24. megan February 15, 2012 at 8:35 pm #

I know this is a creepy question – but where is your duvet cover from…or is it a comforter?? I have been looking high and low..and like nothing. Is it multi color – or is that the pic? THANKS

25. Kimmie February 28, 2012 at 5:52 pm #

I made these the other day (after drooling over them for weeksss) and they were delicious (or.. delushious?) except I found the recipe asked for a little too much salt. OK. wait a minute, now that I’m thinking about it, I may have accidentally used sea salt which is saltier, right? ANYWAY. great recipe! Can’t wait to try out the new ones that you just posted!

26. Jen May 7, 2012 at 12:01 am #

Oh my goodness, where did you get this comforter?

27. agate cameos bangle March 22, 2013 at 5:43 pm #

Every weekend i used to go to see this web site, as i want enjoyment, since this this web site conations in fact pleasant funny information too.|

28. Google sucks March 24, 2013 at 2:38 pm #

Thanks for writing this impressive put up..Cherished your content pieces. Please do sustain writin

1. How to Impress Basically Everyone « Never Been Full - January 12, 2013