Oreo-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

24 Jan

When I posted this picture on twitter, I had no clue you guys would light up in a fury over it. Is that a term? I think I just made it up. Yeah I just googled it, I made it up. I think I merged different sayings? Like when people say, “it’s not ROCKET SURGERY” or “it’s not BRAIN SCIENCE”. When people do things like that…oh…I LIVE for those moments.

Anyhow, my point is, I now know your kryptonite. As someone who never had a sweet tooth, I’ve never understood the sweet freaks, just as I’m sure sweet freaks don’t quite understand my childhood love of licking on sticks of butter. There are things I definitely love — refrigerated gummy bears, sour straws, ice cream and popsicles (I sound 4) being at the top, but cake and cookies? I’ll eat it, sure, but my eyes won’t light up at the very sight of it….like they do for fried chicken. Oh baby.

Anyhow, simplest recipe ever. My recommendation? Keep it easy on yourself and buy the some pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough. Although, homemade is pretty darn easy. The recipe I’m about to post — would def just use pre-made dough next time. I had WAY too much to do to make em from scratch with such readily available options of cookie dough all over the place!

Some of my photos…not taking credit for this one :)

Okay. Why are they grey? They look dead. Zombie cookies. Reminds me of growing up, when I had Basset Hounds and it was my duty to poop scoop. Growing up in Washington, we had some collllld winters, but I never minded picking up their poop (we had an AWESOME scoop and I remember getting so excited that it was MY poop scoop) because the poop would be frozen and white and crackly looking, therefore super easy to pick up. Anyhow what I’m saying is that these look like poop.

BUT. They are good. Serve cut in half, and warm if possible. If not, ol’ Johnny boy taught me the secret of sprinkling them with a bit of water and popping the into the microwave for a few seconds (FEW or your house will smell like burnt choco chips) individually. But yeah. These are nothing if they aren’t warm.

I make a similar thing, using peanut butter cookie dough and mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups in a mini cupcake tin. Will share those later too! Thosssssse, in my opinion, are better….

Recipe here: http://veryculinary.com/2011/03/22/oreo-stuffed-chocolate-chip-cookies/

NOTE! According to the comments section, if you use pre-made cookie dough, you are likely to end up with what appears to be a landmind-looking cookie…no bueno! Make your own dough! Then toot your own horn all night saying “FROMMMMM SCRATCH!” at the end of every statement regarding the cookie. That’s what I do. I’m mature!

40 Responses to “Oreo-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies”

1. Jen January 24, 2012 at 10:21 am #

Thanks for posting! This is one cookie I’ve been hooked on baking lately. Yes, store bought cookie dough saves so much time. I recommend the tubs of dough over a store bought mix, the coldness of the dough makes forming it around the Oreo SO MUCH EASIER than a room temp dough. AND if you use store bought, make them in a cupcake pan, otherwise you will end up with a SAD SAD huge flat cookie with a Oreo lump in the middle…oh, all the time I wasted! Let my mistakes (yes, I did it more than once before learning my lesson), be a tip for you. It won’t have the shape of the cookie, but who cares, still tastes great.
    Try using mint Oreos too, although nothing beats the double stuffed originals. Also, I just saw a twist on this recipe which I will try soon: layer 1 chocolate chip cookie, layer 2 Oreos, layer 3 brownie! Trying to think of a clever name for this, but it’s too early in the morning here…

2. junkfoodguy January 24, 2012 at 10:29 am #

These look and taste great! A co-worker made them, and I took some photos for my site:

Anyways, her’s weren’t as thick as yours, but they were a good size cookie. The best part is when warm, the Oreo filling is slightly melted.

3. Heather January 24, 2012 at 10:37 am #

I have a wonderful coworker who would love these cookies, but more importantly he is always mixing up his idioms and we laugh, laugh, laugh. The latest one was “If worse comes to shove.” He takes this all in stride and laughs along with us. Just thought I’d share since you said you love these too. :)

4. Caroline January 24, 2012 at 11:04 am #

Inception cookie! Cookie within a cookie

5. natalie January 24, 2012 at 12:53 pm #

i love that even when i get too busy to read your blog, Bryce finds time. he specifically told me i need to find this recipe to make these!

6. Michelle January 24, 2012 at 1:16 pm #

As a child I never had desert. I always had a second helping of the main dish, then some sour punch straws later! Anywho.. I came across this recipe a few weeks ago and made it for a football get together, it was demolished by half time! Maybe you can add it to your Super Bowl lineup! Naturally, I added more bacon.

7. actorsdiet January 24, 2012 at 3:37 pm #

my husband grew up with basset hounds. i think he and i love you even more now – him for the dogs, me for THOSE COOKIES!!!

8. Rachel January 24, 2012 at 4:31 pm #

Totally unrelated to this recipe, but you were talking about low carb a few posts ago and when I made this recipe for the millionth time last night, I couldn’t help but think of you. Mashed cauliflower and cheese- I make it when I’m craving mashed potatoes. Plus, it calls for roasted garlic. It’s awesome.

• chrissyteigen January 24, 2012 at 6:55 pm #

thank you for this!! freaking YUM. i need a potato replacements desperately :)

• Rachel January 24, 2012 at 10:52 pm #

You’re welcome! Makes a perfect dinner with your chipotle chicken and a salad. Just fyi, I drain the cauliflower after cooking for a thicker consistency…and read the reviews for some other good tips (but I think you probably do that anyways!).

• thetasteofbliss January 25, 2012 at 12:48 pm #

I use cauliflower for faux grits too! Just don’t roast them as long (so they aren’t mushy) and coarsley grind them up in a food processor and you get the same consistency as grits…cheese, garlic, etc added!

I usually make faux grits with shrimp (or crawfish) and a poached egg, because everything is better with a poached egg, no? :)

• thetasteofbliss January 25, 2012 at 12:53 pm #

I forgot to say, I always roast the cauliflower, or whatever veggie I am going to puree, beucase then they are never watering and have an intensified flavor. Also, if you want creamy grits or creamy ‘potatoes’, add Fage 0% greek yogurt…fat free AND low carb!! Perfection

9. Joanna January 24, 2012 at 4:45 pm #

I’m still hung up on those peanut butter cup cookies, I’ve made them twice in the last week. You need to share that recipe weekly!

Being on a peanut butter kick my first thought was to make these with peanut butter cookies (made with the reese’s chips) instead of choc chip and peanut butter oreos. :)

10. Samantha January 24, 2012 at 5:00 pm #

Oh my heart flip flopped at the mention of the other peanut butter mini-cupcakes! I just got a mini-cupcake tin and LOVE to use it to make all kinds of things in miniature form! I’m going to give it a shot tonight using my leftover stocking candy from Christmas!

11. Marquita January 24, 2012 at 7:14 pm #

Love this recipe! We did it with fudge brownies instead of the Oreos with ice cream and hot fudge mmmmmmm

12. Kat January 24, 2012 at 10:03 pm #

I made this from a Pinterest link I found a while back with pre-made cookie dough and it was not sucessful. I mean, it was tasty..But the pre-made stuff flattens out too much; making it look like you just have a chocolate cookie with an oreo tumor in the middle.

13. Heather January 25, 2012 at 4:53 pm #

I DONT KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO WITHOUT YOU CHRISSY! My kitchen has done a COMPLETE 180 since you created this site. I LOVE YOU and Thank You for EVERY. SINGLE. RECIPE. xo Heather Y.

• chrissyteigen January 26, 2012 at 1:44 pm #

that is so awesome to hear, seriously. thank YOU for reading!!

14. Brian January 26, 2012 at 10:51 am #

Chrissy,

I didn’t know how else to send this so I figured I throw it here in the comments. Why the Hell not.

I found this recipe for Almost-Famous Chicken Sandwiches that is supposed to be the same as Chik-Fil-A. I thought you might be interested.

15. Danielle January 26, 2012 at 12:45 pm #

Making these next week! CANNOT wait. Chocolate chip cookies & Oreos. Sign. me. up.

16. kchanel3 January 26, 2012 at 3:47 pm #

i cannot focus on life since you posted these. OMG. fantasizing about them til i ultimately make them.

17. Pattee January 26, 2012 at 4:35 pm #

Oh my gosh my head must be in the gutter right now, because I’m reading what you wrote about things you definitely love (i.e. refrigerated gummy bears, sour straws, etc, etc) and totally thought you wrote “being on the top”!!! Aye, aye, aye, my apologies! Lol

18. B January 26, 2012 at 9:09 pm #

Just discovered your blog :)

Re: marinade for everything

For your original dose, should I use 2 chipotle chiles or 2 cans of chipotle chiles?

B

19. Kylee February 4, 2012 at 8:53 am #

Wow, they are amazing! We made them, shared on our blog and they’ve become a phenomenon around DC! Our friends and fam can’t get enough and are making different variations. Even my friend who’s an avid calorie counter inhaled 3 in one sitting :)

Thank you, thank you!

20. Linda February 10, 2012 at 10:29 pm #

So my neice hates chocolate (I know right?) and I wanted to make these for her birthday so I replaced the choco chip with sugar cookie dough, and the Oreo with golden Oreo. If I had a Twitter and if I knew how to post pictures on Twitter I would HELLA send a picture of my valiant attempt. Well I have a Facebook, but its not like we homies fo liiife. Ok. It was a SHITSHOW. One BIG WHITE PUDDLE OF A SHITSHOW. My cheapass decided to use whatever butter was in the fridge. It was the “extra smooth & spreadable” kind.

Never again.

And while I’m already telling you the story of my life, I made the Peaches & Whiskey chicken for a Superbowl party. That shit was DEVOURED.

21. kate blue February 16, 2012 at 8:35 pm #

newbie to your blog…i actually agree with you-my eyes wouldn’t light up either…I’m weird; chocolate doesn’t really do a thing for me, I can take it or leave it, My friends think I’m straight up crazyMAD…but even when I was a kid, I always crushed on gummi bears, lemon drops and bubble gum…but, I may try this for my kids!

ps-I love how you blog…I blog like I talk too…..

22. Renee @ Tortillas and Honey February 23, 2012 at 11:44 am #

I made these immediately after I saw your post and just blogged about these in my new blog! These were absolutely wonderful and now have people kicking down my door for these delightful mounds of heaven. :-)

23. shindachan February 25, 2012 at 1:06 pm #

Looks amazing. Might try them this weekend

24. shindachan February 25, 2012 at 1:07 pm #

Reblogged this on frenchiepanni.

25. Ashley February 28, 2012 at 5:16 pm #

I made these about a week and a half ago for all my friends for Valentine’s day. It was a lot to do, since I’m currently in college (blergh) and had to go out and buy a pan and a spatula and a oven mitt, and I’m sort of on a college budget. Buuuuut it was completely worth it, they were divine, and the guys in the common room I was using (where the oven is) were begging for some by the time they came out of the oven. And my friends and my roommate and I devoured alllll of them. I even woke up the next morning and had the last one for breakfast. No regrets. No shame. They were amazzinnnggg and I tweeted you pictures, but you probably didn’t see them because my life sucks blah blah blah no one cares, but yeah. They were well worth it. Thank you so much!! You and are your blog and your tweets and just everything about your personality in general just rocks. I absolutely love following you on Twitter, and checking up on this blog frequently makes me regret being at school and living in a dorm where I can’t eat good, “real” food, and I’m craving it so bad. Living vicariously through you!!

26. Http://www.mywebsitevalue.Info/ January 31, 2014 at 8:11 am #

No matter where in the world you travel developing a little little bit of home will always make being away easier and
    after this with the top Torrent VPN that little piece of home may be on your laptop or mobile device.

There is really a new variety of download site
    where you’ll be able to get not simply movies on your Iphone but games and music too,
    and many types of for free. s busy, and the timing is merely right to produce a follow-up appointment
    to dicuss serious business.

27. Maggie April 6, 2014 at 9:27 pm #

Its such as you learn my thoughts! You seem to understand
    so much approximately this, like you wrote the book in it or something.
    I believe that you just can do with some percent to pressure the message house a little
    bit, but other than that, that is wonderful blog. A fantastic read.
    I’ll definitely be back.

1. Superbowl XLVI Food Line-up! (Part 2 – The Desserts) – Always Cooking - February 7, 2012

[...] Stuffed Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies Posted in Dessert, Party SHARE THIS Twitter Facebook Delicious StumbleUpon E-mail « Superbowl XLVI Food Line-up! (Part 1-The Savory Food) No Comments Yet [...]

2. Did Kate Upton Deserve The ‘Sports Illustrated’ Cover? Meet The 17 Other Hopefuls – Finding Out About - February 17, 2012

[...] on each coast, for cooks sake!). She actually &#101&#97&#116s the food she makes (like these oreo chocolate ch&#105&#112&#32cookies) and then blogs about it. She skewers cele&#98&#114&#105ties on Twitter. She has two bulldogs (who [...]

3. Did Kate Upton Deserve The ‘Sports Illustrated’ Cover? Meet The 17 Other Hopefuls | Athens Report - Top Stories - February 17, 2012

4. fatty, fatty, two by four… « on option - February 25, 2012

[...] P.S. If youre feeling like something sweet, try making these, Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies.  It’s the best piece of Heaven I’ve ever eaten.  Compliments of Chrissy Teigen’s blog.  I swear you will never make normal chocolate chip cookies ever again!!!   http://sodelushious.com/2012/01/24/oreo-stuffed-chocolate-chip-cookies/ [...]

5. Beauty and the Feast Blog: Beauty Tips, Make Up Reviews, Interviews with Beauty Gurus, Product Giveaways and Delicious Food - February 29, 2012

[...] go to the old posts, I used to be funny! Oh, those were the days… Source: So Delushious BATF: The oreo-cookies stuffed chocolate chip cookies?! That was genius! Teigen: It’s funny, I’m actually not a sweets person at all. I didn’t [...]

6. Variations with the Basic Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe - April 2, 2012

[...] Balancing Beauty and BedlamJust a basic Chocolate Chip CookieHow To Make Chocolate Chip Cookies VIOreo-Stuffed Chocolate Chip CookiesThe Best Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe! Yum-EGerman Chocolate Chip CookiesRainbow Chocolate Chip [...]

7. I think I lost my mind with this one: Deep fried cookie dough Oreos | Sweet Splendor - February 5, 2013

[...] to make as a Super Bowl snack. I had stashed away something I saw on Chrissy Tiegen’s blog: Oreo-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies. I thought that sounded like the coolest, most novel dessert idea ever! But it still seemed too [...]