‘ello!

14 Jan

As you may know via twitter, I’m in London. So here’s a good ol’ fashioned traditional English breakfast…

Honest question, english folk. What’s with the super scrambled eggs? How do you make them, how are they like this? I don’t mind, genuinely curious…want to try myself…enlighten me…

First picture was John’s choice. I prefer ballsack-looking poached eggs, if not given the option of over-easy.

Also, no one else in the restaurant got quite this much bacon. I think they assume americans want this much bacon. That assumption is true.

Blueberry pancakes. The official weakness of John Legend.

A bacon roll with a fried egg. The official weakness of Chrissy Teigen and basically anyone who isn’t a terrorist.

I will be hand-delivering Nando’s to the studio for dinner tonight. One of my most favorite places on planet Earth. Keepin’ it classy here in Londontown.

53 Responses to “‘ello!”

1. James Shaw-Jackson January 14, 2012 at 11:45 am #

For tomorrow’s breakfast, try some black pudding with it.
    More of a Scottish thing, try it if you can though.

• chrissyteigen January 14, 2012 at 11:47 am #

i totally don’t get black pudding. i asked for it to be left of the plate. hahahah

• James Shaw-Jackson January 14, 2012 at 11:53 am #

You’re the one that is missing out, sounds awful.
        Taste’s amazing.

• chrissyteigen January 14, 2012 at 11:57 am #

what can i say, i disagree. don’t get upset.

• James Shaw-Jackson January 14, 2012 at 12:03 pm #

Haha I won’t at all cause this blog/ your recipes are amazing.
        Done the Jalapeño, Bacon, Cream cheese & Sausage last night.
        Everyone was very impressed, and I loved being able to take all the credit.

2. Camilla January 14, 2012 at 11:46 am #

Its called a fry-up for the people that don’t know :)

3. monicarosed January 14, 2012 at 11:51 am #

So glad you are my hometown London! The key to classic English scrambled eggs for me is the whisking to get loads of fluffy goodness.
    Let me introduce you to two of my nations fave cooks! Firstly, Jamie Oliver’s recipe for smoked salmon and scrambled eggs:
    and then there’s Nigella Lawson’s scrambled eggs with a twist – with chilli!
    Hope you like.

And Nandos! Quarter medium chicken, fries and corn on the cob is a staple!

Enjoy London Chrissy! x

4. Catie January 14, 2012 at 11:55 am #

I want to take a bath in whatever is on those pancakes. Ohmygod that looks amazing!!!

5. Sam Knox January 14, 2012 at 11:56 am #

For the scrambled eggs, near-constant stirring while cooking (small curds that way) and removal from pan while still moist.

6. Camille January 14, 2012 at 12:01 pm #

Ohhmyshit. Excessive? or ingenious…

7. Kat January 14, 2012 at 12:02 pm #

I know this post was about the breakfast buuuut… NANDO’S!!! I lived in South Africa for a while & got my first taste of it there. It is awesome. There was one in the building next to my office and needless to say I ate there A LOT. God I miss Nando’s. And South Africa, too, ok, fine…

8. Sam Knox January 14, 2012 at 12:02 pm #

…see also “French Soft Scrambled Eggs” here:

9. Usi January 14, 2012 at 12:04 pm #

You can also add milk and butter or cream to the eggs before you start cooking them, then constant stirring as a previous commenter wrote.

Also, I think you and John should ask Nando’s for a Black Card, you’ll totally get given one since you’re well known!

10. Monica January 14, 2012 at 12:06 pm #

Try this classic salmon & scrambled egg recipe:

or something with a chilli kick:

11. Jody January 14, 2012 at 12:07 pm #

Baked beans served w/the eggs… classic British! Did you order ALL of that food for 2?? The pancakes look ridiculous, BTW.

12. Lenny January 14, 2012 at 12:23 pm #

What do american scrambled eggs look like?! Beat eggs with splash of milk and maybe a knob of butter. I microwave mine, take them out and beat them every 10-20 seconds! I’m trying the baked eggs tomorrow morning! *licks lips*

13. Layo January 14, 2012 at 12:54 pm #

Wahh I want a full English breakfast now, brunch? Absolutely. I.would.kill.for.nandos.OMG.

14. Bianca January 14, 2012 at 12:58 pm #

Non-stick pan (or I find wok is fantastic) , tiny splash of milk, butter to fry on a low heat, lots of stirring and a LATEX SPATULA (nothing untoward… literally revolutionised my life). Hope this helps, this is my favourite blog ever beating even the one with Ryan Gosling and puppies. Keep up the great work, Lots of love from London.

15. NB January 14, 2012 at 1:05 pm #

Yo, sidenote what do you mean by “anyone who isn’t a terrorist??”

• chrissyteigen January 14, 2012 at 2:14 pm #

facepalm.it’s a joke.

• @seymoursfatlady January 15, 2012 at 8:34 am #

Said the terrorist. :))))))))))

16. Panida January 14, 2012 at 1:31 pm #

I miss London! Hope you get a Sunday Roast tomorrow! Also, check out Moti Mahal in South Kensington. It’s divine Indian/Bangladeshi food, ALWAYS my first stop whenever I’m in London.

17. Tiffany January 14, 2012 at 1:36 pm #

Hi Chrissy ! I’m a huge fan and Love this site!! I accidently agreed with a tweet on a girl talking about how it was bad to talk about money then later on realized it was her talking about you specifically ! Then got blocked on twitter. I apologize if you thought I was agreeing with her thoughts about you which was NOT the case! I just read the tweet wrong <3 Tiffany

18. amandakatarina January 14, 2012 at 1:51 pm #

Dear Chrissy,
    You are in London! Will you try Scotch Eggs for me and tell me how delicious they are? All my London friends rave about them…tell me they’re good so I’ll attempt to make these gem-like egg sausage concoctions!

19. JasmineG January 14, 2012 at 2:28 pm #

Right now, I couldn’t be happier that I moved to London because I know I’m within reach of those pancakes. Where did you go for breakfast?! This will make my Sunday brunch.

20. BS' In The Kitchen January 14, 2012 at 2:31 pm #

Check out Gordon Ramsay’s video on how to make the “Perfect Scrambled Eggs Breakfast”, they are probably similar to these ones.

21. Heather Lewis (@HeatherAli) January 14, 2012 at 4:18 pm #

I live next to a Nando’s, so obviously I’m never moving. Enjoy!

22. Christie Pierce January 14, 2012 at 4:40 pm #

for your egg loving all carb diet!! http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/baked-potato-eggs-10000000659302/index.html :-)

23. sarinamaynor January 14, 2012 at 6:15 pm #

Everytime I see pork-n-beans it reminds me of the show Take the Money and Run, being locked in a jail cell in Alcatraz with only a tray of beans and warm milk…oh the Brits and their beans :) xo

24. On life and stuff January 14, 2012 at 7:03 pm #

That looks yummy. And scary. By the way, I made the baked herbed eggs and they were GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!

25. Heddy J January 14, 2012 at 9:45 pm #

that. bacon and egg. sandwich.

26. Rocket January 15, 2012 at 2:03 am #

I almost licked my screen off. O laawwd, bacon and pancakes! It just about does it for me, thanks for those moments of bliss and bits o’ torture. ;)

27. Tiffany January 15, 2012 at 8:29 am #

The tweets about the trip are hilarious. ;) Could you post some random happenings about town pics???

28. Susan January 15, 2012 at 10:51 am #

Adding cream is the best for scrambled eggs.

Also on the note of Scottish things after someone mentioning black pudding, up north we use square sausage (or lorne sausage & yes, it is square!) instead of the normal links and also we have potato scones instead of hash browns. Look it up! Potato scones are so so good, fried or grilled.

Also butterfly chicken medium, corn on the cob and macho peas, thanks! ;)

29. Susan January 15, 2012 at 10:54 am #

Also, check this shit out. The ultimate Glasgow experience, kicks a roll and bacon with fried egg, OUTTA HERE.

30. Lacey January 15, 2012 at 1:50 pm #

I dream about Nandos! Gotta give J2O Orange Passion fruit juice a go straight or perfect mixer. Enjoy your time in London!

31. Holly January 16, 2012 at 12:04 am #

Love your recipes and your sense of humour. I’ve made your chicken with boursin wrapped in bacon twice. Even my one year old loves it.

32. CB January 16, 2012 at 12:49 am #

Try scrambling the eggs bain-marie for like 15 fucking minutes with some cream and milk. It’ll be SUPER soft and creamy!

33. Simon Food Favourites January 16, 2012 at 8:17 am #

Australians love their Big Breakfasts as well plus Bacon & Egg Rolls. That bacon looks especially crispy — yum!

34. Zarah Hernaez January 16, 2012 at 11:12 pm #

Gosh..the pictures make me want to cry..bacon is love..

35. Nathan January 17, 2012 at 10:36 am #

Scrambled eggs-start with a low heat and increase, keep stirring.

36. Darrin January 18, 2012 at 9:08 pm #

I must say this is one of your funnier posts. I’m still laughing…

37. Chloe January 19, 2012 at 6:36 am #

I don’t understand something. Why did you geta new dog if you are never home to take care of it? Not only is that cruel but you are such a bad parent because of it. Dogs need love!!! Please don’t get anymore in he future!!

• chrissyteigen January 20, 2012 at 9:56 am #

excuse me bitch, she travels with us. it’s cute how you think you know me and have any right to say things like that. eat shit and and never come back. bye-bye!

• Heather January 20, 2012 at 10:10 am #

Chloe, I think you must be crazy. I would kill to be Pippa. She lives with John and Chrissy and gets to travel to places I will never see. And she is loved enough that her mother put her in diapers during her period. Damn good life!

38. Barbi Slick January 19, 2012 at 1:52 pm #

Well….about those Blueberry pancakes…..I showed the pic to my husband, Dan (Pitmaster Slick), and he said my Blueberry-Banana Pancakes that I make for him look waaaaaaaayyyy better and I need to make them for him (you both when you visit Portland! lol). Seriously though, I use fresh Blueberries from my garden!

39. Sarah January 19, 2012 at 10:44 pm #

Ahhh…your blog is so cute! Love the London pics. I worked there this summer and it’s my favorite city. I’m sure you’ve been there before, but Borough Market is my FAVORITE! There’s a little stall that sells the most amazing chorizo sandwiches.

Enjoy Londontown!

40. LT January 19, 2012 at 11:29 pm #

Random question to ask with this post, but what skin care products do you use if you don’t mind me asking? haha

41. Annie January 20, 2012 at 2:25 am #

Hi Chrissy

I just wanted to let you know that I’m extremely impressed by the chipotle marinade! It turned out even better than I thought it would. I used soju in place of the alcohol the recipe called for. The leftovers got better and better.

42. Cyd February 29, 2012 at 8:45 pm #

I am heading to London soon, please tell me where the pancakes and sandwich can be found?!?!

43. Gisselle March 3, 2012 at 1:50 am #

Those pancakes look out of this world! In the photo it seems as if there are blueberries or even a chocolate spread between the pancakes, or something else?Also, how did the syrup(s) taste, red and white?

44. Alicia March 4, 2012 at 7:10 pm #

Hi Chrissy! What restaurant is this that you had breakfast at? Going to London and would love to try!

45. mycasita April 27, 2013 at 10:54 pm #

Hi, I live in London and I’d like to know what restaurant it was you had this breakfast?..the blueberry pancakes look heavenly.