11 Jan

Oh…

Ohhhhhh….

OHHHHHH BABY…

One of my favorite food freak (I don’t love the term ‘foodie’) friends is Kris over at Young, Married, Chic. Not only is she beautiful, but her body is ummm out of control bangin’. Seriously, stop asking me how I’m thin. Thin is nothing. If you poked me, your finger would disappear into my flesh. If you poked Kris, you’re finger would break. And, if you’re a boy, your nose as well, because her handsome husband would not be having that shit. Just look at her site…bookmark it…enjoy it. You will love it. Would I ever steer you wrong?

Anyhow, we find ourselves emailing each other wayyyy too early in the morning, usually me begging her for the recipe to a photo she posted on twitter. And she gives it to me! IMMEDIATELY. And then I spend the day salivating and grocery shopping, or going through my calendar, begging for events for her dishes to be served at. Example: this morning she gave me the recipe for cake batter popcorn, which I will be serving at an upcoming baby shower. YUM. And YES you will have it as soon as I make it : )

BUT BACK TO THE CREAM CHEESE JALAPENOS! I made these for football Sunday and they…disappeared. I put em out, looked over, and they were gone. Kris didn’t even get to try any, she didn’t make it in time. But that is definitely for the best — they were pretty hideous. I had soooo many things cooking at once and sooooo many things to drink that hey, I schlepped em together. Next time, I’d clearly use more sausage. And I’d pop one into mi boca before putting them out.

So quick. So easy. SO DELUSHIOUS.

Recipe here, from my Kris:

Ingredients:

• 12 jalapeño peppers
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 8 slices of cooked bacon- chopped
  • 4 lbs of raw sausage

1. Slice jalapeño in half, length wise
2. Remove seeds
3. Fill the hole of the pepper with cream cheese
4. Place a piece of bacon on top of cream cheese
5. Ball sausage around the whole pepper, leaving the stem out on one end
6. Fry in a skillet with oil until outer layer of sausage is browned and cooked through

I mean, could it be easier? PS, I used hot italian sausage and squeezed it out of the casing, which, if you’ve done it, is just a terrible looking thing to do. Or erotic. God I hate that word. No one NOT creepy has ever said the word erotic. Anyhow DO IT NOW what are you waiting for!

Enjoy!

32 Responses to “cream cheese stuffed jalapeño peppers with bacon and sausage and unicorns and fairies and vodka wait no vodka but everything else good in the world”

1. thedancingrunner January 11, 2012 at 2:24 pm #

haha, love her site! those look delicioso!

2. Michael M. January 11, 2012 at 2:27 pm #

I made this same thing for some tailgates this season here in Houston. But wrapped them with the bacon and sprinkled cajun seasoning on them as well. Put them on the grill!!!! VERY good!!!

3. Pammy D. January 11, 2012 at 2:28 pm #

As I sit here drooling over EVERY single thing you post – a coworker asked me what I was smacking my lips about… I told her ‘Chrissy Teigen’s blog’. She goes ‘OH, I know her, her blog must be filled with healthy recipes, right?’. Totally laughed in her face. :) Don’t change – I love every second of your blog. xx Pam

4. Liz January 11, 2012 at 2:37 pm #

JAHLOP POPPERS! these are also really yummy with the sausage ground and mixed in with the cream cheese and stuffed into the jalapeno! a little easier to devour in one bite :) they also sell crazy gadgets that hold a whole jalapeno upright so you can cook them that way, then wrap with bacon. the sausage on the outside looks pretty hot and tempting though!! xx

5. Denise January 11, 2012 at 2:39 pm #

Looks absolutely amazing! And so simple!! Can’t wait to try it :)

6. Melissa January 11, 2012 at 2:43 pm #

Never would I EVER have thought to put sausage on the OUTSIDE. Genius. Pureeee genius.

7. ErikaH84 January 11, 2012 at 2:48 pm #

This looks so good! I will also be ‘attempting’ to make these for football sunday. My hubby and his brothers will be my guinea pigs. =D

On another note. I didnt know who you were or what you did but i kept seeing a few people on twitter retweet your tweets and rave about you. So i decided to check you out. I’m very happy i did. You’re gorgeous, you’re hilarious, and your food looks so damn good! THANK YOU!

8. Guy Martial January 11, 2012 at 2:52 pm #

that looks really good. The word erotic is kinda weird to say. I wonder if this could work with just ground beef…..However, this looks good. Will probably try it this wknd. Thank you and thank your friend.

9. amandakatarina January 11, 2012 at 2:53 pm #

Shut the fuck up! I need to make these on Saturday for my beer tasting! Thanks Chrissy!

10. Meg January 11, 2012 at 3:05 pm #

These look so amazing… sausage on the outside is genius!
    PS If you slice the sausage lengthwise, you can simply unwrap the casing… that way you can avoid having to creepily squeeze it out!

11. xoxome11 January 11, 2012 at 3:18 pm #

LOVE Kris and her blog and recipes — in fact, your blog and youngmarriedchic are the only two blogs I’ve ever commented on. These are being made this weekend…or tonight…because I’m just not sure I can wait. OH, and the cake batter popcorn is on the menu for Friday night movies ever since she posted it this morning…YOU TWO SHOULD DO A VIDEO TOGETHER…a cooking video people! jeeze!

12. Andy January 11, 2012 at 4:43 pm #

Just did these with Venison Sausage and mixed some garlic into the cream cheese – great recipe, thanks…

13. beer January 11, 2012 at 4:55 pm #

Man that looks awesome with beer, more importantly no scallions sprinkled on!

14. Maura January 11, 2012 at 10:52 pm #

Chrissy- just saw your tweet about where to go when you go to London next week. Please go to the restaurant on top on the Hilton Park Lane. It is amazing, it’s not just a dinner it’s just a journey with amazing food!

15. Mary Catherine January 11, 2012 at 11:49 pm #

Yum…these are similar and awesome too…http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-stuffed-jalapenos-50400000113748/

16. Peppercorn Paprikash January 12, 2012 at 8:17 am #

For serious, I’m hosting my sister-in-law’s baby shower this weekend (on Saturday) – what is this cake batter popcorn ridiculousness of which you speak?

17. Leslie January 12, 2012 at 9:24 am #

If I didn’t live so far south I would totally want to be food freak BFFs with you and Kris. I follow you both everyday and you seriously make me hungry…and make me want to work out. (Both good things in my opinion!).

18. Brian January 12, 2012 at 1:20 pm #

These also have a funny name in the smoker/bbq world…ABT…atomic buffalo turd, seriously.

Easily one of the most popular things I make with my smoker. I’ve used ground sausage and those little cocktail winnies inside the jalapeno as well. I also like to cook them in the oven and sprinkle a little brown sugar on the outside of the bacon wrap.

19. Terra January 12, 2012 at 2:01 pm #

I super love your writing style. I’m sorry I asked you work out inspiration this morning on twitter. Gotta get my shop on…

20. Victoria January 13, 2012 at 8:18 am #

I’m totally going to try this. I freakin love jalepenos and cream cheese and bacon and sausage and unicorns…. oh wait.

But seriously, bookmarking for my belly.

21. MJ January 13, 2012 at 10:25 am #

Brilliant! I also stuff jalapenos with ground beef mixture (onions, herbs, spices, etc, your personal preference) then coat them lightly with flour and dunk them in beaten eggs. i like to get a thick layer of eggs over them so i reemerge them in eggs in between cooking time! I guess you can also bread them to your personal preference as well! I’ll definitely have to try these–creamy and salty! Love the combination.

22. Vicky January 13, 2012 at 8:13 pm #

Hi Chrissy! Going of topic here but have you thought of making your chipotle marinade chicken into some enchiladas? I’m Mexican/white and we normally do a green tomatillo and jalapeño salsa for chicken (salsa verde, boil peeled green tomatillos and jalapeños then once soft blend and voila) but I think since your chicken has a strong marinade you can just put them in tortillas (bring some oil to boil and dip tortilla in for like 10 seconds, dab) and once u have a few tortillas prepped put some chicken, roll and place in glass dish with whatever stuff on top. Just a thought. I will be trying these jalapeño stuffed goodies soon!

23. Marisol January 14, 2012 at 1:05 am #

Love your español, Christine-aah :)haha Can’t wait to try these.

24. Jenna January 14, 2012 at 2:54 am #

how do u ball sausage? for real question…

25. Zizwe Awuor Vundla January 15, 2012 at 6:47 pm #

Made these today – they were intended to be starters to the whiskey peach bbq chicken (also on blog)… sigh. Gobbled them up before they even got onto the table. Gobbled them ALL up… Kinda suffering now but it was worth it ;) I don’t know when i’ll eat the chicken. It looks AMAZING but my tummy can’t fit anymore into it today. Only thing it can handle is vodka tonics.

26. Barbi Slick January 19, 2012 at 1:55 pm #

Chrissy! the only thing I would change about this?….is dip them in some Slick’s Sweet & Spicy sauce! and then FREAK OUT!!!! for the flavor Baby!!!!!

27. Barbi Slick January 19, 2012 at 1:58 pm #

Oh! by the way! mailing you a package today with More Slick’s Snake River Stampede Whiskey sauce (for your chicken recipe, etc)…and also a Bottle of the ACTUAL SNAKE RIVER STAMPEDE WHISKEY!!!! Yea BABY!!!! – THAT JUST HAPPENED!!!!! :)
    (www.myslicksauce.com)

28. Sarai January 20, 2012 at 12:24 am #

Chrissy! Yum!! I’m going to have to try them with sausage. I prepare mine a little differently. I bake them and use pickled jalapeños instead of fresh and I rub the bacon with brown sugar. That makes them bearable for my non-spicy eating friends because it adds a hint sweetness along with the heat.
    Keep on sharing the awesome recipes! You inspire me to cook more often! =)

1. Superbowl Sunday! Best Appetizer Recipe Ever + Beer Pairing | LA Grove Living - February 5, 2012

[...] cream cheese stuffed jalapeño peppers with bacon and sausage [...]

2. Sausage-Wrapped Bacon Jalapeño Poppers « Dude. I'm hungry. - February 7, 2012

[...] Sausage-Wrapped Bacon Jalapeño Poppers, adapted from SoDelushious [...]

3. An appetizer of the Gods « DOUBLE FISTED COOKING - November 30, 2012

[...] She posted a recipe for an appetizer that she got from a friend of hers and it is the cat’s meow. I’ve made it before and they are totally worth it, trust me. If you like things hot and you like bacon, and I don’t know a person who doesn’t, then you’ll want to check this stuffed jalapeno recipe out. [...]

4. SuperBowl Sunday | klerebearsweets - January 20, 2013

[...] Tails from Kris at Young Married Chic/Sausage Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers with Bacon from Chrissy at So Delushious  (same recipe, different pictures – Chrissy’s [...]