cooking school…

25 Dec

Did another vacation cooking class! This one wasn’t quite as interactive — everything was already chopped and measured and chopping is pretty much our favorite thing ever. Pad Thai, Panang curry, and som tum, or papaya salad.

Oh, I forgot I was gonna tell you guys more about the resort restaurant, Salt! Basically, it was the shit. Amazing. A guy comes around with a cart loaded with a hundred different types of salt and with each dish and tells you the best pairing for your Thai dish. For salt freaks like us, it was basically heaven.

Here’s some pictures from the Salt cooking class :)

AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

xx : )

11 Responses to “cooking school…”

1. Chels R. December 25, 2011 at 12:35 pm #

So fun!! Merry Christmas to you & John! :)

2. sarinamaynor December 26, 2011 at 4:50 am #

Looks like soOo much fun!! Glad you had a good time :) Happy Holidays!! 😜
    ~~ Sarina xo

3. Mr Cage December 27, 2011 at 6:12 pm #

Please get in touch with me urgently. It’s important.

4. gigi December 28, 2011 at 2:16 pm #

Oh I did a cooking class when I went to Bangkok and it was AH-MAAAZING! Loved it there and the food from the carts was super good!

5. Chelsea Fisher December 28, 2011 at 2:50 pm #

Chrissy do you have any black eyed pea recipes you like? I failed miserably at a bep soup last year. and i need all the luck i can get ;) congrats on your engagment! xo.

I am also going to french culinary class friday – sooooo excited. thanks for your inspiration. :)

6. Missy T. December 28, 2011 at 2:59 pm #

Hi Chrissy – I was introduced to your blog in a round-about way (via a Jezebel.com post re: your engagement), and just wanted to tell you that it is awesome! :) Every time I get to a sentence written. like. this. it cracks me up to “read” in a super-serious voice. Oh, and the recipes look great – I’m trying the stuffed peppers tonight.

We are going to the Huvafen in February, and I can’t wait to check out all the restaurants and of course Salt. If you have any other recos, post please!

7. Laura December 28, 2011 at 5:39 pm #

Congrats on the engagement!

8. heartjunkieJL December 30, 2011 at 4:44 am #

Hello

I came across your blog, and I have to say it’s a good read-the food pics look great, and writing is witty. Plus, you’re gorgeous as well :)

keep up with the blog postings!

9. Gilbert Bong January 2, 2012 at 3:43 pm #

Chrissy,

First off, I would like to say congratulations on your engagement. Just recently married myself I can say from personal experience that the relationship only gets better.
    My wife, Doreen, is a huge fan of yours and has been following your blog and twitter account for quite some time. She has frequently said that Chrissy says things she thinks but doesn’t necessarily say. That’s why she is always so entertained by your witty entries. She also shares your passion for food where she recently prepared your Chipotle chicken. It was delushious!

We currently live in Canada. My wife and I will be in New York from March 24 – March 31. It will be our first time in the city and we are much looking forward to it. I am not sure if you will be in the city during that time but if there was any possible way she could meet you, even for a short period of time over coffee, I know it would make her day, maybe even her year.

I just thought I would ask as I always try to make her dreams come true. I didn’t want to send a mention to you directly on Twitter as she would surely see it come across and this was the only other way I could think of to reach out.
    Thank you for your time. Take care and I hope to hear from you soon.

Gilbert

10. Cassandre Snyder January 2, 2012 at 11:17 pm #

Hi Chrissy, I truly enjoy reading your blog. My 11 yo daughter and I started a Julie & Julia type blog over the summer and it’s been a blast. Congratulations on your engagement. I would love the opportunity to speak with you regarding your wedding planning. I am a wedding planner located in the NY area. Please e-mail me so we can chat!

11. Shardette January 20, 2012 at 6:45 am #

I just got back from Thailand and would absolutely love to learn how to make Papaya salad. If you have a good recipe then please do share. Thai do salads like no one else!