Just a reminder…

29 Oct

If you haven’t yet made the pork belly lettuce wraps with mustard seed sauce I made (reminisce here: http://sodelushious.com/2011/10/14/pork-belly-ssam-night/), you are such a disappointment to me.

Buy my love back and make this now. It’s my most favorite recipe I have in my arsenal, along with my chipotle chicken of course.

Tomorrow is Sunday. You may be stuck inside watching football. Or maybe you like football and you’re not stuck at all. Either way, stay in and have one of the best meals you’ve ever had. The sauce is tricky but oooooooooo is it worth it!

Buy the Momofuku cookbook on amazon, or get your math skills sorted out and convert the measurements with the recipe shown here.

Begging you.

11 Responses to “Just a reminder…”

1. Ivana Imiliphotocom October 29, 2011 at 3:46 pm #

But Chrissy! I suck at cooking! And your line that the sauce is tricky made me not dare to even try… Can´t you just say it´s EASY ;-)

I wish i could do it, for you.. . . I wish, I wish!
    Instead Im gonna give you what I´m good at, taking photos, and today of my sleepy tigger / halloween special! ;-)
    Has nothing to do with food really, but I´d say he is most surely edible. ;-)

2. Pam October 30, 2011 at 6:25 pm #

I am making the chipolte recipe: Help, quick question. All the grocery store had was chipolte peppers in a can. Is that the same? I am the girl that added too much salt so now I am paranoid

3. Katherine October 31, 2011 at 12:33 pm #

Omg this looks so delicious! I really really want to get the Momofuku cookbook…

4. Lindsey October 31, 2011 at 2:49 pm #

Hi Chrissy!
    I’m going to make the chipotle chicken recipe for the first time on Wednesday and was wondering how many times I should double the recipe if I want to have enough for 10 pieces of chicken? I’m not opposed to having left-overs to freeze!

5. msihua October 31, 2011 at 7:13 pm #

Thanks for linking this back to my page :) I too love this recipe a whole heap.. Any pork belly will do really for me :)

6. Gina (@Re_Gina) November 1, 2011 at 8:19 pm #

Chrissy, I just ordered the cookbook and I have such a raging boner, I can’t wait until it comes (that’s what she said).

Oh and for anyone questioning how much marinade to make, JUST MAKE AS MUCH AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN, THEN GO TO THE STORE, BUY MORE INGREDIENTS AND MAKE MORE OF IT.

7. Jamie Huntley November 2, 2011 at 9:31 pm #

Pork belly is crazy good!

8. Jackie November 6, 2011 at 4:10 pm #

Just discovered your blog today! Love it! Now I have lots of goodies to try out next week!

9. Maura November 9, 2011 at 4:16 pm #

I know how much you LOVE bacon, just look at this website. Omg, please make all 20 bacon recipes and blog about them <3

10. Jan November 10, 2011 at 8:45 pm #

I noticed you mentioned math skills a few times when it comes to following the recipe you posted about the pork belly w/ mustard seed sauce. I would suggest just getting a weighing scale because most of the time weighing ingredients is actually better than measuring by volume.