I Can’t Move.

17 Oct

I’m so full. Truly. And not the “happy full” that I am after a good meal. Bad full. Need-to-go-back-to-low-carb-for-a-bit full. I feel icky.

Pork belly. Chipotle chicken. Cheese dip with toasted french bread. Apple dumplings with pumpkin pie ice cream. Guacamole. Cinnamon blondies. Chocolate chip blondies. Chili. I consumed all this yesterday with beer, tequila, vodka and wine.

I have raised, deep purple blisters on my wrists from quickly removing baking trays out of the oven. I grated off my right pinky knuckle while grating cabbage — and if you’re wondering, I tossed it shortly after I made it into a finger slaw. I seared my elbow on my indoor grill after bragging about how quickly it reaches maximum temperature. And pippa successfully scratched the left side of my face pretty badly while running full speed from her play pen to my bed while I was in a deep sleep. In short, I look like a hollywood boulevard meth head. In shorter, any Lohan.

I woke up bright and early to start curing the pork belly…now my GO-TO boy-pleaser for football sundays…

John seasoned his chili…

I made a new batch of my chipotle marinade (those freezer bags went FAST)…

Then I worked on the little starters as well as 4 different desserts (only 3 were suitable for actual consumption) for our dear friend’s pumpkin-carving-contest party where her more-than-gorgeous daughter was the judge. She is like….2. What were my teammates and I thinking carving something like this and thinking we WOULDN’T scare the shit out of this poor little girl and send her bawling, burying her head into her father’s arms?

Man. Talk about not knowing your audience.

Anyhow, I will definitely be posting some recipes from that list above this week, mainly, that delicious cheese dip recipe from my friend Melissa, (swiss, cream cheese, and MIRACLE WHIP!, and the apple dumplings  – you will die at how delicious AND easy they were. Easily the best dessert I’ve made in a while. But for now, I am……just full. Full, and kind of in pain. But not in as much pain as my little girl Pippa, who has an infection that even IIIIII can’t discuss on this food blog.

I’ll be traveling and working a lot this week, which oddly enough equals a lot of downtime :) Can’t wait to share a few recipes with you.

Xx

21 Responses to “I Can’t Move.”

1. Denise Miller (@IrieDame) October 17, 2011 at 8:28 pm #

You r working, I am on holiday. Please share that chili recipe.

2. hudsonka October 17, 2011 at 8:59 pm #

Love Pippa & Puddy in the background of pic #3.

3. Mike Kelly October 17, 2011 at 9:42 pm #

You are living life the way it is supposed to be lived. Congrats :)

4. Lexie October 17, 2011 at 9:48 pm #

Chrissy I took your advice and bought the Momofuku cookbook. THANK YOU! Oh man, I made the pan-roasted mussels and ribeye, and even without the right mussels and miso, they turned out amazingly – I would totally serve it at a dinner party (now that I’m out of college and dinner parties are real things).

Already flipping though to pick what’s on the menu for tomorrow. #obsessed.

5. theworldoftiffany October 17, 2011 at 10:20 pm #

Can not wait for the recipes. Pippa needs to slow her little self down!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Emily October 17, 2011 at 10:38 pm #

Yayyy love that you’re back to blogging regularly!

7. Christina October 17, 2011 at 11:36 pm #

Ohhh poor Pippa! =( Hope your war wounds heal quickly.

8. Kyla October 18, 2011 at 12:30 am #

chrissy, this might be a cruel request when you are back on your low-carb diet, but maybe could you post your recipe for pasta sauce? (marinara or bolognese)

9. becca October 18, 2011 at 11:59 am #

still having a tough time getting the right amount of saltiness with curing. apparently, i’ve been missing the step where you wash off all the brine/salt?

AND any recommendations for a tasty chili with ground turkey?

also: um i love how on the bacon curing pic you can see pippa railing on puddy in the background.

10. Angela October 20, 2011 at 9:23 am #

I dont use Twitter so I cant reply to you there, but (and someone might have told you this already) I was looking at people.com yesterday and thought, “Look! John Legend and Pippa are famous!” Turns out it was supposed to be Hugh Jackman and his French bulldog, but I think it looks much more like John and Pippa!

11. Shan October 20, 2011 at 4:42 pm #

Chrissy, just found your blog via a post/comment on Jezebel.com, and absolutely love it even though I’m more oldmarriedandtired than youngmarriedandchic… but seriously, I love your writing and can tell I’m going to be doing a marathon blog-read. Also, try adding some apricot preserves (or canned in water or dried, reconstituted apricots when you’re low-carbing) to your chipotle marinade – chipotle and apricot are amazing together.

12. Snowblackblog by Natasha October 21, 2011 at 10:07 pm #

That pumpkin puking in the toilet is the hest Halloween deco I’ve seen !! You two are so cute.

13. Nikki McGee (@nikolemcgee) October 23, 2011 at 3:04 pm #

Chrissy you are the freaking best! I am in love with your blog, been with it from the first bacon picture post. Buuut I’m dying to get those recipes/an update on how we are firing Mary. (Twitter) Particularly the apple dumplings… and Mary. Must. Fire. Mary.

Your writing is wonderful, and the ramblings make it complete! Please do share what you can/do eat on your low-carb ordeal when you are back on it. I would love any additional insight you can provide.

14. Barbi Slick October 24, 2011 at 2:53 pm #

Hi Chrissy!
    I’m Christina & Christopher Bevan’s Mom! So nice to “meet” you! I just sent you our 3 sauces, recipes and our new T-shirts (funny! – hope you get a kick out of them! Yumm Pork Butts!) Christina mentioned that you are a ‘foodie’ and have a blog! Very Cool!
    I LOVE that you LOVE REAL FOOD!!!! and MEAT! and you really cracked us up about your “Vegetarian Alternative” comment!!! hahaha! I already told several people about your blog and comment and they loved it too!!! Your food pics are great! You seem darling! and you both make a LOVELY COUPLE!
    Anyway! I just wanted to say ‘hey!’ and check in with ya! I hope you like our sauces and recipes! (I shipped the box to Christina’s house so they could forward it to you!) Would LOVE to hear what you both think! We’re also on Facebook @ Slick’s Big Time BBQ sauces!
    sending hugs!
    Barbi Slick

15. Pam October 24, 2011 at 8:10 pm #

What exactly happened at the airport?

16. Bee October 26, 2011 at 4:09 am #

Screw your low-carb diet, SCREW IT…and try this

17. Jessica (@JessMatushek) October 26, 2011 at 5:09 pm #

I finally made the chipotle marinade, love it! http://jessicamatushek.blogspot.com/2011/10/chipotle-marinate.html

18. Jess October 27, 2011 at 4:16 am #

Hey girl, I know this is a food blog but can you put up some exercises that you do to stay and/or get in shape? You have an amazing body. Thanks appreciate it much :)

19. Tiffany October 28, 2011 at 1:10 am #

Hi Chrissy! My name is Tiffany. My boss turned me onto your blog not too long ago, and now, half the office (the ones who die over good food) salivates over your recipes and lusts after your dogs (we also like to sing “We just don’t caaaare, we just don’t careee” at the top of our lungs).

The reason why I’m commenting is not simply to tell you what a megafan I am of your blog/cooking, and not even to tell you how my mouth quivered with longing when I saw that slab of pork belly in this post. No. The MAIN reason is because I’m a freelance writer for SHAPE.com, and I recently raved about your cooking and pitched a story to them based on your blog.

I would love to get in touch with you for a quick email or phone interview, whatever is most convenient for your model-slash-chef-slash-awesome person lifestyle. Just so you know I’m legit, you can view some of my SHAPE.com posts here: http://bit.ly/qJPpO5.

Please feel free to get in touch via my personal email: tiffanylingtse[at]gmail[dot]com. I hope to work with you on this! It’d be an honor – and a lot of fun.

Thank you so much!
    Tiffany

20. Margaret October 28, 2011 at 8:37 pm #

Update your blog!!!!! Love reading your updates!

21. Ivana Imiliphotocom October 29, 2011 at 3:48 pm #

Haha, you are so silly for your last two photos!