This weekend….

15 Oct

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend so far!! I started my Saturday out with a double bloody mary and for once, it didn’t have anything to do with being hungover. Been menu planning all day, as I am doing some baking for my friend’s pumpkin carving party tomorrow, along with football Sunday for John and his friends. Seems crazy but I live for things like this…I beg my friends to let me bring something. It’s sad.

So for football, I’ll be making the same pork belly ssam lettuce wraps from the other night (they were that good and the boys will eat them upppp), an oozing baked super-cream-cheesy-swiss-cheese dip with baked french bread “chips”, barbecue chicken egg rolls, my amazzzzzing baked chipotle chicken thighs and drums, and John has already put his homemade chili in the slow cooker.

For pumpkin carving, I decided to keep things sweet by doing cinnamon blondies with brown butter, and apple dumplings (wrapped in pillsbury crescent roll dough! Toooo easy!) with pumpkin pie ice cream.

Excited? Me too. I’ll be back monday with all the recipes :)

15 Responses to “This weekend….”

1. Matt McCormack October 15, 2011 at 5:55 pm #

If things don’t work out with John (and I truly hope they do) I will totally marry you. Just give me 48 notice. Looking forward to the recipies on Monday, especially the Swiss cheese dip. Have a great weekend, Chrissy.

2. Alyssa October 15, 2011 at 5:59 pm #

SO glad you will be posting the recipes Monday! I need to hear more about the dip and the French bread “chips”. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

3. catvoncat October 15, 2011 at 7:20 pm #

I wish I were spending my weekend the way Puddy is spending his. Can’t wait to hear more about this baked super-cream-cheesy-swiss-cheese dip. That sounds AWESOME. Enjoy!

4. Chels R. October 15, 2011 at 7:22 pm #

Ur menu lineup sounds amazing! I can’t wait to see the recipes. I’ve just discovered ur blog & I love it! :)

5. Samantha October 15, 2011 at 7:22 pm #

LOVE all these blog posts. Happy times when we get to hear from Chrissy more often!!

6. Lexie October 15, 2011 at 9:40 pm #

Not even the baked chipotle chicken recipe?! What am I supposed to eat tomorrow during the Steelers game!? I guess I’ll just have to find my own recipes… Or venture to Barnes and Noble and struggle through pork belly ssam, hmmm… (PS, after MONTHS of wanting to make it, I finally made the catfish. Delish!)

7. annie ruiz October 15, 2011 at 10:21 pm #

Wow that all sounds delicious!!! Can’t wait for the cinnamon Blondie recipe….yummmy!!! Hope it all turns out great!

8. Evelyn October 15, 2011 at 10:39 pm #

Please post John’s homemade chili! By the way, I love this food blog. You’re not only a great chef, but you’re gorgeous and funny, and you don’t care about what other people think! Hope the weekend goes swimmingly! =)

9. Mary October 16, 2011 at 9:06 am #

Mmmm looking forward to the recipes! I gotta go back and see the pork belly wrap one- they sound great! My family has started to cook every meal at home the past few months, and I plan my menus 2 weeks at a time. Like to add some of your recipes in our rotation :-)

10. xoxome11 October 16, 2011 at 10:41 am #

My friends cannot believe that a lot of my recent fabulous recipes come from a blog by a swimsuit model — I’m a major foodie and cook and I absolutely LOVE every recipe you post — I’m waiting for husband to get home now with limes to make a huge batch of chipotle marinade — just made 40 homemade tortillas and then we’ll marinate a ton steak and chicken, grill it up and serve it with all the Mexican fixings for football today. The marinade is now an entertaining staple in my kitchen! Thanks Chrissy! Please keep up the blog — you are just so much fun to read and your recipes are great!

11. Krystle October 16, 2011 at 10:54 am #

You John and puddy were all just on pop up video!

12. Cassandra October 16, 2011 at 5:18 pm #

My girlfriends and I do dinner nights like this. You would fit in fabulously :).We love cooking and eating really amazing food. Love your blog! Please don’t stop. Have your tried Ina’s truffle Mac and cheese yet?? Def not low carb but delish

13. nestdesignstudio October 16, 2011 at 5:23 pm #

LOVE your blog. My bf told me that me and my sister are fat people trapped in skinny peoples bodies. Haha, I sense a kinship here :P

14. Lola October 17, 2011 at 7:24 am #

Looking forward to your posts! One question, though. What do you do with all the different recipes you try? Do you remember them that easily or do you print them out? Bookmark it? Forget them altogether?

15. theworldoftiffany October 17, 2011 at 10:21 pm #

Dang you are doing a whole heck of a lot!! Get it girl :)