Stuffed Bell Peppers

7 Oct

I made this ages ago and since then, the photos have completely gotten lost in my iPhoto. So thanks to a loyal twitter following of people begging for this recipe, I took the time to actually sort these babies out.

Definitely not my recipe, but DEFINITELY the best stuffed bell peppers I’ve ever tasted, and I truly had a great time making them. The house smelled sooooooo good during the entire process and I was happy to have John be so pleased with such an easy meal. One of my favorite things I’ve ever made…

YUMMMMM, right?? Pretty proud of myself for that one. Paired it with some super hot salsa I never ended up using, and just a romaine leaf salad with fresh corn, sweet cherry tomatoes and some store bought cilantro-chipotle dressing. Ay papi!

Paula Deen’s Stuffed Red Peppers recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/stuffed-red-peppers-recipe/index.html

The recipe is perfection, but I did cut the amount of rice in half, just to make myself feel a little better while enjoying this. Actually I probably cut more than half out, and I still clearly found it highly enjoyable. And DON’T cut out any of the cheese. If anything, add more. It makes it so ooey gooey delicious.

Enjoy!

30 Responses to “Stuffed Bell Peppers”

1. Edith October 7, 2011 at 8:55 am #

I was just deciding what I should make for dinner tonight! Thanks for making the decision easy, Chrissy! These look orgasmic! Happy Friday!

2. Jamie October 7, 2011 at 9:06 am #

Yum. Can’t wait to try this. I grew up eating a version of this from my mom, but this one sounds delicious as well. Thanks for posting!!

3. Denise Miller (@IrieDame) October 7, 2011 at 9:11 am #

Thank you so much Chrissy…you know what you also need to do is recommend some wines…like a good everyday Pinot Noir please.

4. K.Mo (@TheFreshFactor) October 7, 2011 at 9:35 am #

This looks fantastical! I’m not much of a cook, but I’m going to have to try this one. Thanks for sharing!

5. Michelle October 7, 2011 at 9:39 am #

Looks bomb Chrissy! Thanks for sharing. I love you!!

Sidenote: I just want to say how disgusted I am at how many of your twitter followers say the meanest things to you. COWARDS!!! I know you have tough skin (or you seem to) but come on, everyone is human. Be nice people!

Michelle (@EternalNomadic)

6. Ashley October 7, 2011 at 10:04 am #

this has nothing to do with this recipe, (although it looks awesome and I’m making it for Sunday dinner) but I just read the title of your blog and was wondering..if you had a profession that didn’t require you to look a certain way or be a certain weight, would you be fat? Or at least, heavier than you are now?

7. Jill October 7, 2011 at 10:40 am #

The salad looks deeelish, what’s in it?? Dressing?

8. Dominick S (@dsantosla) October 7, 2011 at 10:53 am #

This looks soooo delicious…err delushious!

9. April Larabee October 7, 2011 at 11:22 am #

Thank you for listening! Dinner this weekend :)

10. Tiffany October 7, 2011 at 12:09 pm #

That was one of my mom’s favorite recipes :) I love them too :)))

11. actorsdiet October 7, 2011 at 2:02 pm #

wish my husband could digest peppers…maybe i’ll stuff a tomato instead.

12. Stephanie October 8, 2011 at 12:27 am #

just ate dinner and im hungry again. NEED to make this ASAP! everytime you post a new recipe i think to myself “im going to make this first” then i read the next and i think the same!

13. Jenny V October 9, 2011 at 5:46 pm #

going to make these tomorrow! i dont like onions though… probably just skip them? and i plan to use bagged cheese as well.

14. DCol October 10, 2011 at 9:03 pm #

Your recipe looks awesome & I cant wait to try it! I love the idea of cheese in stuffed peppers! Here’s the version I grew up eating:

15. nashley October 11, 2011 at 12:04 am #

Made them without soy sauce bc i forgot to but it at the store and with canned dice tomatoes because I couldn’t open the bottle of salsa I bought. Oh and I used Lawry’s instead of the house seasoning because I genetically predisposed to do so. It was delicious. Great recipe. Thank you Chrissy and Paula Deen.

• nashley October 11, 2011 at 6:52 pm #

Oh. AND i had a ton of leftover filling and my immediate thought was to use it in a lasagna. I think it’d be delicious.

16. Sophie October 12, 2011 at 5:59 am #

So good! Just made them :) i halved the recipe, but still (by accident) put in all the sour cream, prob won’t next time. Still so good though! Sprinkled some chili flakes in too. Delish!

17. Allison October 12, 2011 at 9:26 am #

Made these for dinner last night – amazing!! Thank you!!!

18. too embarrassed to say October 16, 2011 at 8:44 pm #

Yeah, I am such a novice cook and after I screwed this up I think I should be banned from your website Chrissy. Didn’t read the recipe right and made the house seasoning like Paula said and POURED THE ENTIRE AMOUNT OVER THE MEAT!!! OMG, I feel like such an idiot. I wasn’t paying attention.Yeah, 1 cup of salt et all is not the same as two TEASPOONS.

I feel shame ;^) Yep, this is why I suck at cooking and won’t even attempt your amazing looking Thai dishes. No common sense

• chrissyteigen October 16, 2011 at 9:43 pm #

LOL! you aren’t the first, don’t worry!! don’t stop trying! i’ve made SO many stupid mistakes and I still do every day.

19. biancawonka October 25, 2011 at 4:12 pm #

I just made these. And, I got full just from tasting the stuffing. I can’t believe this is soooooo good. Will be eating these all week!!!

20. stopbeingude December 7, 2011 at 9:13 pm #

Looks absorootry deerish. Question: Did you bake the peppers (per Paula’s instructions) once stuffed?

21. Rachel December 8, 2011 at 4:06 pm #

I have everything to make these tonight except beef bouillon (thanks a lot whole foods). Will that absolutely kill them? Please say no lol I really don’t feel like another grocery store run.

• chrissyteigen December 8, 2011 at 9:45 pm #

nah just use beef stock or chicken stock or any kind of flavored stock!

22. Holly July 3, 2012 at 7:25 am #

What kind of cheese did you use? It says canned??

23. Tashauna August 1, 2012 at 6:31 pm #

Just stumbled upon your blog this week after and LOVE it! I have been making stuffed green peppers a lot this year and have never thought to cut them that way (duh!). I have been just cutting off the tops–which make them harder to eat–so thanks for the tip!

24. Annya October 12, 2012 at 1:33 pm #

just made this.. it was sooo yummy and super easy.. thanks!!!:)

1. Greek-Style Stuffed Peppers « The Curly Baker - January 26, 2012

[…] been inspired again by So Delushious to make my next dinner. Chrissy Teigen made these delicious stuffed peppers with a recipe […]

2. Stuffed Peppers Because a Supermodel Said So | Troj Tales - March 29, 2014

[…] recently discovered supermodel Chrissy Teigen’s food blog So Delushious. Immediately I thought it would be useless health food and salad recipes (salad, who eats salad?), […]