Hommmme

11 Sep

Home means that life goes back to putting my chipotle marinade on at least 4 meals a week.

Sometimes I randomly crave it in the middle of the night, so I order a 5 dollar chicken breast from the corner diner and cut it up, lightly saute’ing it on a scoop of frozen marinade, since I make and freeze bags upon bags at a time. That has kind of become my late night snack. Good on veggies, too.

This post is basically just an excuse to post it again, because every time I mention it on twitter, 90 people say, “huhhh what where’s the recipe?? and you have a blog?” HOW DARE YOU ASK ME SUCH LOGICAL, ANGERING QUESTIONS, NEW FOLLOWERS!

And if you have made it recently and it was too hot for you, remember to read this whole post, even after you link to the other site about the recipe. I tried to add some tips!

12 Responses to “Hommmme”

1. dawn September 11, 2011 at 5:26 am #

i’m so making more of this tomorrow

2. Joe (@BigDroz75) September 11, 2011 at 9:36 am #

I made almost a gallon of this and put it on ten pounds of chicken legs and thighs for my Labor Day BBQ. The “Swimsuit Model Chicken” (as my girlfriend calls it) was gone before the ribs and burgers were even touched. Everyone really should try this recipe.

Glad to see your blog back in action.

• Fish (@afishman) September 14, 2011 at 4:25 pm #

Had the same experience at my Labor Day BBQ as well, chipotle chicken legs and thighs were a huge success. My freezer is now stocked with it, I use an old ice cube try for quick and easy marinade portion control.

3. Denise Miller (@IrieDame) September 11, 2011 at 12:04 pm #

welcome back…missed u….I can vouch for this marinade…made it and it was incredible…..I did it without the skin of the chicken and also great!!!

4. Eve September 11, 2011 at 3:03 pm #

Thank you for sharing this recipe!!! I FINALLY made a big batch of it, and it’s even more delioushiouius than I had hoped – good on EVERYTHING. Had it on eggs with avocado this morning, and am considering bathing in it nightly. I even put a little on my dog, and he can speak perfect Spanish now. :)

5. Sarah September 11, 2011 at 9:59 pm #

random question (and possibly a dumb question- i’m not a cook, good or otherwise, by any stretch of the imagination)……. do you think the alcohol affects the taste? you said in the recipe that you add it because it keeps the marinade from solidifying in the freezer. but i added up the calories in the marinade (yes i hate my life) and the alcohol basically doubles the cal-count… so i would love to make this w/o the vodka but i’m too much of a wimp to try any recipe without being nearly 100% sure i’m not going to screw it up :)
    sorry this is such a long comment/question! haha but if you could answer it i’d be very grateful!!

• DaveHofman (@DaveHofman) September 18, 2011 at 7:28 am #

The vodka should have relatively little impact on the taste (its too neutral in comparison to the strong flavors of the chipotle, etc). That said, it does have some other benefits aside from keeping the marinade from completely freezing – it will (along with the lime juice) help tenderize whatever you’re marinating. But if you’re really concerned about the caloric count, you will be ok if you leave it out – replacing with some more olive oil or even water.

6. Erica September 12, 2011 at 1:23 am #

I just ordered some cans of chipolte (I live in Australia so I don’t even really know what these are!) online to make this marinade! It better be good Chrissy, the delivery cost more than the chillies!

7. Zach Martin September 12, 2011 at 9:36 am #

Chipotles are one of the most amazing peppers for meats, no joke. I actually do an Asian fusion (Lord, how I hate that term, but it’s suddenly appropriate) steak marinade with roasted chipotle, ground ginger, sriracha, soy sauce and sugar that’s incredible. Hot, sweet, and just a little tangy, it’s amazing on anything from a strip to a sirloin.

Also, I know it’s not food-related, but my new multi-author blog, Three Yards, could use some support! (Who knows, I could probably expand our sports/tech/social media/entertainment model to food, too…I am an epicurious soul, after all.)

threeyardsblog.wordpress.com

8. Nikole September 18, 2011 at 1:30 pm #

For some reason when I baked this in my glass bakeware, the burned on crusty leftover marinade WILL NOT come off…. (My friend who I passed the recipe onto had the same issue). Any one else have this issue? Any suggestions?

9. Ertan September 22, 2011 at 11:29 am #

Great blog! Quite a lot going on food wise. I hope it’s only a temporary hiatus? When they told me about it at the office, I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. Now I know.

Makes me wonder if we can interview you some time for our Facebook and YouTube page. If you’re wondering, why? This is us http://www.fb.com/ciltco, which I’m quite sure will probably prompt more questions than answers. But if interested, love to tell you more. Cheers!

10. Meryl November 2, 2011 at 8:59 pm #

thank you so much for sharing this recipe! i made it last night and then threw it into my slow cooker with chicken breast and it was SO tasty. can’t wait to try it with shrimp next.