the only upside of pork-belly day

12 Aug

Searching NYC for pink curing salts lead me to a place called “Kalustyan’s” — a maze-like place with rows and rows of culinary goodness!

Bottles of hot sauce line the store, and dried herbs, spicies, oils and flavored salts fill the rest. It’s pretty insane there actually. I saw things I’ve never even heard of but decided I. must. have.

Go. Your mind will be blown. I counted 80 different delicious flavors of salt.

123 Lexington Ave
New York, NY 10016
TEL : 212-685-3451

Orrrr order online: http://kalustyans.com

9 Responses to “the only upside of pork-belly day”

1. twheetybird August 12, 2011 at 11:28 am #

That looks like my kinda heaven! LOVE the names of some of these sauces! Tx for sharing :-)

2. seanrude August 12, 2011 at 11:30 am #

That is one of my favorite places. I am like a kid in a candy store when I am in there.

3. Lauren August 12, 2011 at 12:15 pm #

I have colon cleaner hot sauce! It really works.

4. April Larabee August 12, 2011 at 5:24 pm #

My husband LOVES the Colon Cleanser hot sauce while it makes my eyes water just smelling it! I’m so lame.

5. Golf Echo November (@GolfEchoNovembr) August 13, 2011 at 10:16 pm #

ohhh Melinda’s hot sauce (top pic top left shelf) is the best. I automatically respect any store that stocks it.

• chrissyteigen August 13, 2011 at 11:09 pm #

ooo i will get it! always love hot sauce recommendations!

6. lanuchan August 16, 2011 at 6:10 pm #

Yes! I love this place!! :) Great baklava too (for your post swimsuit shoot days) and go upstairs and get the Mujadarra. YUM.

7. HTTP://forexdaytradingstrategy.net April 23, 2013 at 8:18 pm #

I’ve been surfing on-line more than three hours lately, but I by no means found any interesting article like yours. It is beautiful value enough for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made excellent content material as you did, the internet shall be much more helpful than ever before.

8. Vanessa May 2, 2013 at 10:46 pm #

Right now it looks like WordPress is the preferred blogging platform available right now.
    (from what I’ve read) Is that what you are using on your blog?