new grill!

12 Aug

Aaaaah well it looks like I’ve finally gotten around to using that grill I posted about a while back. And boy, it is amazing…

I keep the left side on very low heat and move my finished short-ribs over to the side. The other side stays piping hot and my kitchen fills with the lovely smell of brown sugar and toasted sesame oil.

You can find the recipe from one of my earlier posts here: http://sodelushious.com/2011/06/28/beef-curtains/

…and don’t forget to munch alllll those little bones clean. It’s probably my favorite part. I also put a few leftover slices into a ziplock bag but they never made it through the night — didn’t even want to heat them back up. I have problems.

And yep, I am still doing best-by-date veggie fridge cleanout, hence the boring stir-fried veggies on every meal. I’ll have some different sides to make tonight on my PEACH CHIPOTLE GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS. Oh baby.

Also, if you haven’t had mochi, you….I dunno….you’re probably a demon…orrrr you just haven’t run into mochi balls yet. My point is, try mochi — ice cream wrapped in a sweet dough.  I can never get just one box so here I have green tea, vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and coffee. kjdzgklsjdgldksgdskgjlkgjd hungry again.

20 Responses to “new grill!”

1. Ingryy:) August 12, 2011 at 1:20 pm #

I’ve never heard of mochi but it sounds so good.. Where can I find them?. Oh also this is a question related to another post.. What cheese do you recommend to pair with honey? I’m really excited to try it out..

2. Evelyn C. August 12, 2011 at 1:39 pm #

I love mochi, especially on frozen yogurt !

3. twheetybird August 12, 2011 at 1:51 pm #

Thossssssseeeee ribs…..

4. Liz August 12, 2011 at 3:39 pm #

OMG too funny, I had to comment because I totally relate when it comes to grilled ribs. I gave up on cooking, but grilling meat is what I do best. Last weekend grilled some lamb ribs and ate everything, including the leftovers I had saved in the ziplock bags. I would literally start thinking about the ribs in bed, wake up and go have a few… Must try the recipe you have for the beef ribs.

5. Tyler August 12, 2011 at 4:03 pm #

Those who don’t nibble bones down to the gristle are missing out on life.

6. xoxome11 August 12, 2011 at 4:09 pm #

Tears of happiness and joy!!!! I just made your Chipotle Marinade for tonight’s dinner — it’s going on chicken and shrimp and I’m making homemade tortillas for the fam (of course, low-carbing it myself – ekhaf;khef!!! – so I’ll have mine on lettuce (ooh, yum!) ANYWAY….pretty sure my husband will never, ever leave me simply based on this marinade — it is amazing — you should bring it to castings and they’ll hire you for ANYTHING — I mean, I think you are a fab model anyway, but seriously, this will NAIL IT for you!!! Thank you so much for sharing, and for this blog!!! xoxo

7. TJ August 12, 2011 at 4:11 pm #

mochi ice cream is good stuff. for other variations of mochi, try minamoto on 5th and 49th.

8. Eric August 13, 2011 at 12:56 pm #

How is green tea ice cream? Or mochi or whatever that is. Haha never even heard of that

9. Jamie Huntley August 13, 2011 at 4:53 pm #

Love short ribs & mochi but I prefer the strawberry mochi.

10. Jenny V August 13, 2011 at 9:28 pm #

im from a small town north dakota where mochi is definitely not sold…ANYWHERE.

lets find a recipe to make homemade! or semi homemade??! anyone?!?! it sounds really yummy!

11. Debbie August 14, 2011 at 12:49 am #

hey chrissy! only started following your blog a few weeks ago and you’ve got me cooking again. made your chipotle sauce last weekend and it was..incendiary. dumped in a ton of vodka and sugar and ketchup and 3 handfuls of garlic cloves and there was still no discernible taste other than HOT. i think i should have added just the peppers and not everything in those 3 cans? fortunately i find hot, hot sauce exhilarating and my attempt tasted kinda like a smoky version of mamoun’s hot sauce so it was all good.

also made ina’s recipe that night and i appreciate your tips (didn’t peel the eggplant. did cut back on oil and it was still too much)

by the way i work in greenwich village but i’m always venturing out east for lunch. i was walking back to my office when i thought i passed you on the street. i had been on this blog earlier that morning so for a sec i was like, is that..? nahhhh. then not too long after i saw your meinmyplace shoot and realized i was in your hood.

12. ♥Bronze Goddess ♥ (@Cerisa) August 14, 2011 at 2:29 am #

Chrissy girl, I LOVE your blog! I have just discovered it and I can’t wait to try your recipes. I grew up with a Dad as an executive chef so i love to cook and eat too. Also, I love how damn funny you are! I can’t wait for future blog posts and new fun tasty things to eat!

About the post, Kalbi is the shit. Ironically one of my best friends in h.s. who is also named Chrissy, is half black and half filipina and her mom made this for me and I’ve been hooked ever since. The only place I know of to buy them already made is Ono’s Hawaiian grill but they are not the same as homemade. Can’t wait to try your version. Also, have you ever had Puerto Rican food? I know there has to been some good ass boricua restaurants in NY. :)

13. Gayla Adrianne (@gayla_adrianne) August 14, 2011 at 10:28 pm #

The Peach Chicken sounds yummy! *runs to look for Peach and Chicken recipes*

14. Mark August 15, 2011 at 3:10 am #

I think you need to start a catering business! That way could taste some of the dishes instead of torturing myself looking at them.

15. HP Boru August 16, 2011 at 8:49 pm #

Is that an All-Clad grill?
    Do you think it gets hot enough to grill a steak?

Been tempted to buy one at their factory sale,
    but never had luck with electric grills getting hot enough.

16. Brooke August 17, 2011 at 7:38 am #

Hi Chrissy! I am currently in Thailand and I know you always rave about your trips here on your twitter. I just arrived in Koh Samui after time in Chiang Mai and then am headed to Krabi/Ralei and finally Bangkok. Do you have any must-do restaurant recs for Koh Samui, Ralei Beach or Bangkok that I could check out? Any recs or suggestions would be appreciated, very excited for the chance to explore this country via food :)

17. Jessica (@jessica1356) August 17, 2011 at 7:54 pm #

I made the marinade!! INCREDIBLEEEEE! But so spicy it almost burned my whole mouth off. Next time, more ketchup and brown sugar.

18. Miss_Classy August 18, 2011 at 4:21 pm #

Would love to invite you over whenever we’re having kalbi for dinner :) We’re korean and my grandma makes it best! Yum!

19. Miss_Classy August 18, 2011 at 4:26 pm #

and mochi is the best! I can never get just one flavor either! Green tea’s my FAV! <3

20. Lyndsy September 15, 2011 at 11:29 am #

Strawberry Mochi is my absolute weakness. So good. I am also addicted to mochi balls on my pinkberry. Amazeballs.