(whisper) **hello?**

24 Jul

Pssst. Is anyone still here?

Seriously. What just happened? Did I suddenly get a life or what?! I have been so terribly neglectful!

I had kind of a crazy week in Miami debuting my…ahem…new swimsuit collaboration (i refuse to be the kind of person who over-promotes things though, seriously) and now I am just keeping busy with “different projects”. God how fucking lame and pretentious does that sound? But really. I think life is coming together lately. Still have no idea what the hell Im doing, but it’s nice to be able to brainstorm and make the decisions for once.

Anyhoo….I really did like seeing that some of you guys were literally like, “bitch, get back in the kitchen!” or would just simply share photos of some of the things you made from my blog. Although I am STILL waiting for some of you to post photos from the fried corn recipe. YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT AND TAKE PHOTOS AND EAT IT BECAUSE I CANNOT!

I’ll be home for the next month or so…in buckle-down mode for a big swim shoot end of August…I’m sure you can guess what it is but I’m always silenced when it comes to dropping the name.

What does this mean? Well a lot of blogging, since I tend to blog more when I am at home, in bed, alone, hungry, and sad. But also a lot of random blogging that may not be about food at all. I hope you can deal! Food isn’t going to be as fun for the month of August, which makes me just sick, honestly…

The good news is that….hmmm what is the good news here….i dunno….the good news is that I missed you guys and I kind of have a nice, random backup of photos and meals to share. Not many recipes, as I haven’t been “surfing the net” (is that what the kids say?) for a while, but I’ll try to be more on top of my game now.

I MISSED YOU DID YOU MISS ME! (CIRCLE YES / NO)

31 Responses to “(whisper) **hello?**”

1. Rocio July 24, 2011 at 8:56 pm #

2. Nicola July 24, 2011 at 8:57 pm #

Missed you from Australia Chrissy!

If youve got time (what between designing swimwear collections etc) could you post something that I could make when its my turn to host girls dinner on Sunday? I get so excited about our dinners, until i realised it was my turn to host…erugh. help?

3. Daniel July 24, 2011 at 8:59 pm #

Can we go on a date where you just feed me stuff?

4. jean July 24, 2011 at 9:04 pm #

How is that little Frenchie doing especially in the heat? Does it still cry in the night?

5. yasmin July 24, 2011 at 9:07 pm #

So you are finally back! And apparently im not the only Australian in here ( hi Nicola!). So it’s my 25th birthday in August (well and my twin sister who u also met in Melbourne) so August for me is filled with lots of birthday food and cake. Im thinking of making the cake myself this year and need a good recipe. Any ideas?

6. meg July 24, 2011 at 9:19 pm #

Yes! Finally! Blog about whatever your little heart desires. The more adorable puppy pictures the better.

7. Darcy Dietz July 24, 2011 at 10:06 pm #

ha ha. Nice post. Put some photos up plz.

8. Christina July 24, 2011 at 10:29 pm #

Hooray! We missed you!

9. Kristyn Thiel July 24, 2011 at 10:56 pm #

Yes! thank god ur back! I read ur blog at work and it gets me through my day!

10. Cynthia July 24, 2011 at 11:04 pm #

Welcome back! Looking forward to reading your posts and seeing pics of delicious looking food along with pics of Pippa and Puddy.

11. Denise Miller July 24, 2011 at 11:08 pm #

Not sure y I missed u but I did so bitch nice to have u back!

12. Maribel Mendoza July 24, 2011 at 11:54 pm #

YES!! *btw* did you get a chance to fine in dallas? if so please reply. that way I can go and write in their bathroom stall “chrissy and I were here”

13. Tina July 25, 2011 at 12:27 am #

Once, in 4th grade, this weird guy who smelled funny all the time passed me a note that said, “do you like me? circle yes no” so, obviously, I panicked and passed it to my best friend at the time, who took one look at me, then the paper, then the dude, and crumpled that son of a bitch, effectively saving my life. …The point of that short story was…so…you’re in Dallas? Me too! I think we could be friends? Circle yes/no.

14. Samantha July 25, 2011 at 12:57 am #

Congrats on all your projects… looking forward to reading your posts!

15. Sandra July 25, 2011 at 1:03 am #

I have a wedding to go to end of august, so i will also be home, in bed, alone & hungry for most of the month…please post as many recipes as you can =)

16. Sara July 25, 2011 at 1:25 am #

Yes!!!!!! OF COURSE you were missed! Don’t ever take such a long break and anything you blog will be fun and interesting!

17. DTfromKC July 25, 2011 at 2:15 am #

God damn you for having a life. Seriously. Who do think you are leaving us hanging like that? Kidding. Glad you’re back in action. I’ll let your absence slide for sexy photo time.

P.S. – I was out with a friend last night, drunk, drinking margaritas, eating pulled pork wonton tacos, then went home and listened to “Slow Dance.” Am I turning into you??! I think I’m reading your shit too much.

18. xoxome11 July 25, 2011 at 9:02 am #

As much as we all love your delicious recipes, there’s a bunch of us also eager to get any healthy-eating advice (and maybe even workout tips, etc). During the month of August, even if we aren’t having a secret bathing-suit shoot, a lot of us are doing our best to rock a bathing suit, and who better to give us some advice on how to do that than YOU! We’ll all get back to eating anything we want in September! So maybe a post on your Top Ten Go To Healthy Foods, or Top Ten Things You’ve Learned From Your Trainer…?

19. theresa July 25, 2011 at 10:15 am #

will you blog about your swimsuit line? mainly….where can I buy them? because the pictures were amazing!! my favorite is the sort of tropical print… any of the suits with that print i want to buy asap.

• Jenny V July 25, 2011 at 9:54 pm #

yaaaaaa where can we buy them i want the sparkle boobs one. (because i mean…duh)

20. kat July 25, 2011 at 10:33 am #

I made a list of all the carb induced foods that I want to make, then eat, then regret/kill myself because of major tummy bloat haha. Please check it out here: http://shecooksandheeats.wordpress.com/2011/07/25/help-i-think-i-just-might-commit-carbicide/. ps. I’m new to blogging and I’m loving. You inspired me to start my own foodie blog, thanks Chrissy! :)

21. Ivana Imiliphotocom July 25, 2011 at 10:42 am #

YES! -from Oslo, Norway, even through all of this crazyness, we still gotta EAT!;-) :-)

I´m sure you´re so proud of Norway and how our country is dealing with this terror attack over here! XOXO

22. Barbara July 25, 2011 at 3:16 pm #

I just discovered your blog, so i’ll be checking out your future posts (:
    I’m from Brazil by the way!

23. theworldoftiffany July 25, 2011 at 3:26 pm #

Welcome back :) Now on with our regularly scheduled program of yummy foods…yay

24. Melissa July 25, 2011 at 4:17 pm #

Yessss!!! So glad you’re back. I can’t wait to read your new blog entries since I will admit I was one of the people who just kept reading the old entries over and over…lame.

25. Jenny V July 25, 2011 at 9:53 pm #

share with us some of your ‘healthy/be skinny in august recipies”
    peaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas.

26. becs July 25, 2011 at 11:14 pm #

yes! random thought…if you ever go through chicago (after august) i think you’d like The Purple Pig despite its touristy location. It is pork cooked in every which way and it is amazing. http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-purple-pig-chicago

27. Lizzie July 26, 2011 at 2:45 pm #

YES!!! Glad you’re back!

28. m dog July 27, 2011 at 11:35 pm #

oh hell fucking yes i missed you!!!!! i made this below (no sour cream topping just cuz i’m lazy) and omfg it is jizz in your pants delicious.

29. kat July 28, 2011 at 2:42 am #

Could you please delete my comment (it has blog address on there)? I have been getting a lot of people posting creepy comments on my blog…thank you!

• Ivana Imiliphotocom July 28, 2011 at 8:07 am #

Hmm don´t you think that there would a lot of people posting creepy comments on this blog if they came to yours from here? You just gotta face it, some blogs get creepy comments, but I don´t think you get it from here!