I just bought this…

9 Jul

…and I could not be more excited for its arrival!

The All-Clad Indoor Electric Grill. Can you imagine all the wonderful things you can make on this puppy? Especially since summer is ending (I am such a pessimist) and those nice BBQ’s outside are gonna have to hit the sack in the storage unit soon.

I’ve had a few George Foreman’s in my day, but I love how this let’s you control and see each part of the cooking process. I dunno. George is cool and all, but I don’t really want him doing ALL the work, you know?

That slit in the middle? All the greasy deliciousness falls through there, to be caught by the drawer below. A drawer full of fatty, flavorful deliciousness to cook your bacon and eggs with in the morning.

My only issue with this thing is that they ALSO sell the griddle version for pancakes and eggs, etc, which is essentially the same exact freaking thing with flat plates rather than….grill-y ones…i don’t know, but you get it right? How about you just make them flat on on side, then grill-y looking on the other! DAMMIT! I mean, I know this exists in the world and I could have bought it but hey…I get excited, buy, thennnn my concerns come to light. Or could they AT LEAST just sell flat plates as an “upsell” item rather than a whole other entire gadget with flat panels? Curses, All-Clad!

Anyhow. It’s on sale at Williams Sonoma right now. You know, the place where you always feel like you’re gonna break shit.

Regular, $400.00. Now, $299.99. I think it’s a good purchase for year-round usage!

8 Responses to “I just bought this…”

1. Darcy Dietz July 9, 2011 at 5:55 pm #

Perhaps you aren’t aware, but Cuisinart came out with “the Griddler”, years ago. And for 1/2, or less, of the price you mention for All-Clad. It has the double-sided features you seek. And rocks for all the right reasons. Just sayin’

2. chrissyteigen July 9, 2011 at 6:00 pm #

i saidddddd I know it exists, silly. I just love all-clad products. they have me for life since I can wreck the crap out of their products for life without really wrecking anything :)

I have seen the cuisinart, they look nearly identical except there is a definite lack of stability in the cuisinart….the all-clad one is nice and heavy, which is something i look for when I get a new appliance that god knows cannot fit into my kitchen…..I dunno. I think I’m gonna love this thing :)

3. Isabell Rolf July 9, 2011 at 6:23 pm #

a shit ton of endorsement deals are gonna come your way after this blog. everything i buy is gonna have your face on it. /notcomplaining

4. Darcy Dietz July 9, 2011 at 6:24 pm #

my apologies. Was on call for 72 hours, once I finished, I didn’t read that carefully. Sincerely sorry. Anyhoo, I was forced at gunpoint to make all the meals for my ex-gf’s fitness and figure competitions, and the Cuisinart did the job. I love All-Clad too. At that time, the Cuisinart was all I could afford. My next set of cookware will indeed be the AC. CIA-Hyde Park taught me to stop being such a sissy.

• chrissyteigen July 9, 2011 at 6:32 pm #

haha! no problem! did you have the cuisinart that closed on the top or the one that looked like this guy? the one that closes on top also makes waffles. it’s like the swiss army knife of kitchen appliances.

• Darcy Dietz July 10, 2011 at 9:20 am #

yes, that was the one that closed from above. Cooked chicken breast, sweet potatoes, egg whites…(you obviously know the drill). I just bought a new Induction Range. Amazing heat control.

5. Joanne Fore July 9, 2011 at 7:23 pm #

My George Foreman just broke and, while shopping for a replacement, I came across a Food Network Reversible grill/griddle on sale for about a $60. Love the grill, haven’t tried the griddle yet!

6. Hendra Wijaya July 9, 2011 at 11:17 pm #

All Clad make really good stuff. I have their pots and pans and All Clad blew my calphalon away. I think you made a good investment there :-)