Sometimes the best things in life….aren’t in Whole Foods.

6 Jul

Such a shame that Whole Food$, while being so beautiful and up it’s own ass at all times, doesn’t carry things that I get extreme cravings for.

Example: These somewhat-new hockey-puck-sized  ice cream Reese’s Peanut Cups.

Anyone had these? If they are anything like the deliciousness that is the Snickers ice cream bar, I give up on life. Looks like I gotta go to Key Foods for them or something. God, that place is terrifying. Remember in old TV shows you would see a grocery store scene and soup was literally labeled SOUP or milk was labeled MILK? I swear this place has shit like that…I mean if you bring your chisel to break through the dirt that is on said products. *shudder* New York needs more in-between stores. The Ralphs, Albertson’s and Safeways.

First world problems is right.

16 Responses to “Sometimes the best things in life….aren’t in Whole Foods.”

1. Darcy Dietz July 6, 2011 at 9:39 pm #

ha. Whole Foods really has that brand doesn’t it? You don’t have to know what you’re looking for, you just have to come here and we’ll sell you 128 dollars of things you didn’t need. Thanks eHarm…. I mean eWholeFoods….

2. Christina July 6, 2011 at 9:39 pm #

Snickers Ice Cream bar is almost as good as sex. Yummmm. Have you ever tried putting mini Reese’s in brownie dough in mini muffin tins and baking? Delicious.

3. Brandon Arvesen July 6, 2011 at 10:04 pm #

Wegmans needs to come down to the city, that’s the only grocery store anyone ever needs.

4. Denise Miller July 6, 2011 at 10:16 pm #

Or Publix! Man I miss Harris Tetter!

5. Chrissy too July 6, 2011 at 10:31 pm #

I know exactly which key foods you are talking about and it is literally the sketchiest grocery store I have ever been to. Not only does the food look ancient, but it’s like every senior citizen in manhattan comes there to shop – I’m always afraid I’m gonna knock over an old lady while reaching for the doughnuts. That said, I’m pretty sure the bodega on corner of Bowery and bond sells these reeses treats – they are heavenly and I want one now. Also agree with whoever said we need a wegmans – ridiculous candy aisle and surprisingly good Chinese food.

6. chrissyteigen July 6, 2011 at 10:36 pm #

ooo i totally know that place! i would live inside that bodega for a year, on the floor, before i’d spend over 10 minutes in a Key Foods.

Never heard or been to wegmans!

7. Penelope Davis July 7, 2011 at 3:06 am #

Whole Food$ has this really good sugar free marble cheesecake brownie. And it tastes like its made with real sugar. Best thing ever!! They are sold individually in the bakery area. Just try and see if you like it, I promise they are awesome and really filling in only a few bites.

8. Becky July 7, 2011 at 5:56 am #

I have been craving these Reese’s Peanut cups (in sweet and now ice cream form) since your last post about the cookies…. Living in Ireland I can only dream of what they are like. How sad? One day I will make it across the atlantic and try these bad boys…. One day….

9. Vincent July 7, 2011 at 8:22 am #

I was about to brag about Publix then realized that here we sit, educated people boasting about which grocery store we love best or hate….hahahhaa. It’s just hilarious. That being said Publix is basically the jam. I’ll specify: Publix Subs and also the Fried Chicken. Good LAWwwd.

10. DDallow July 7, 2011 at 12:00 pm #

Have your travels ever brought you across a Wegman’s? Now THAT’s a supermarket. However, you being a pizza lover and all, Whole Foods carries Jersey Farms Crushed Tomatoes. These things are SofaKing good! I think even better than San Marzano (blasphemy!).

11. DDallow July 7, 2011 at 12:01 pm #

Oops. Sorry. I see I’m late to the Wegman’s discussion.

12. Tracey July 7, 2011 at 3:14 pm #

I want those Reese cups NOW. The mention that they are “hockey-puck-sized” pretty much clinched it for me.

13. IamCrysP July 8, 2011 at 11:42 pm #

I saw these a few hours ago at the store and instantly thought of you. Sad part is I was gonna buy them but saw some double chocolate Magnum ice cream bars calling my name!

14. MissJay July 10, 2011 at 9:26 pm #

I am so deeply in love with the chocolate & carmel Magnum ice cream bars that I can’t cheat on them with the Reese’s just yet. Not to mention all the dirty jokes you can tell…chocolate bar…gold wrapper…magnum…need I say more.

15. JasmineG December 18, 2011 at 4:14 pm #

You’ve won me over with the Snickers line. I’ve given up the luxury of having groceries delivered because the one thing that always ends up missing is…said ice cream bars.

I see a deep-fryer in my immediate, Christmas(y), future. Do you see where I’m going with this?

16. Brooke March 14, 2012 at 1:26 pm #

I’ve looked for these ever since seeing them in your blog and still haven’t come across any. I did try the peanut butter snickers that you mentioned on twitter a long time ago and have since decided I want to have babies with them.