Pulino’s

6 Jul

Pretty much in love with this place, to the point that it actually pains me that it is so close to my apartment.

Their brunch pizzas (basically an excuse to eat pizza, early) are ooey gooey and skeetworthy with sunny side eggs atop their crispy little crusts. A pizza with bacon, sausage and egg?? klfjgkfjdglkfdjgldsfjg. Why must they spoil us so?

Also, how great is egg yolk, on really anything? I love when I order a salad and I get a little poached egg on top. I don’t know what it is, but something about the egg yolk just brings everything together so perfectly. I’d try it on top of ice cream if it were socially acceptable.

Love the atmosphere and cute decor of Pulino’s. Don’t attempt to take the (full) bottles of alcohol that your table will be surrounded by. Trust me, they’re glued.

Great drinks too. Go! The menu isn’t boring and they have magazines if your hungry ass wants to dine alone. Annnnd they deliver now. Actually the only bad part would be the outdoor seating. Asshole drivers can’t seem to grasp the concept of turning on a green arrow, causing insane amounts of honking as you dine. Also….it’s just an icky corner kinda….oh well. Can’t have everything.

Psst, I also recommend the blueberry pancakes, baked and served cast iron skillet. I am OBSESSED with anything that is served in the same dish it was cooked in.

Pulino’s

282 Bowery (corner of Bowery and Houston)
New York, NY 10012-3674
(212) 226-1966

38 Responses to “Pulino’s”

1. Wanna Know Pls?! July 6, 2011 at 9:52 pm #

Please can I ask, HOW MUCH of that pizza would you actually eat?
    For real, not some bull please. Have no idea on portion sizes.

Chrissy your increasing popularity makes me not want to follow anymore – not as much fun and intimate.

Sad because it has been like this cool underground twitter feed that an elite few had the pleasure of enjoying, and now the pollution is here. Urghhh

We’ll see how rowdy the new crowd are and tell you if we can keep the affair going.

You’re unique girlfriend, live on honey!

• chrissyteigen July 6, 2011 at 10:47 pm #

i can’t really control my apparent growing popularity…i can just hope to stay the same :)

• chrissyteigen July 6, 2011 at 10:48 pm #

also, I’d eat half. I eat half of anything I order but i am incapable of ordering just one thing at a meal.

• Wanna Know Pls?! July 7, 2011 at 12:59 am #

do you even eat half of the meals you cook at home?

• DTfromKC July 8, 2011 at 12:37 pm #

You’re reprimanding someone for being successful?! Are you serious? Sorry you can’t have her tweets and blogs all to yourself, as though you were a part of some “elite” private club, like you actually felt like you were pals or something. Sorry, but as someone who tweets and blogs in hopes of one day even being 1/10th as successful with my own career aspirations, I find such a mentality toward her growing popularity pretty absurd and have to defend her on this. I hope she continues blogging even if you decide to cast your “thumbs down” sign of disapproval upon the rest of us who aren’t as “underground” as you. What kind of real fan would threaten to stop following someone just because they start getting more attention from others? Thanks for sharing her with the rest of us. We, the non-elite outsiders, truly appreciate it.

• chrissyteigen July 8, 2011 at 3:00 pm #

lol! thank you. today was a really great day for me to read that. it’s like you knew I am feeling like crap or something. thank you.

• DTfromKC July 11, 2011 at 1:36 pm #

Sure thing. :) Idiots annoy me.

2. Denise Miller July 6, 2011 at 10:18 pm #

Omg wish I could get that here in Cayman. Will settle for some jerk chicken tomorrow!

3. Tessa Dee July 6, 2011 at 10:28 pm #

K. Definitely going to try to recreate this in my kitchen tomorrow morning. Crossed fingers.
    PS. You’re right. Egg yolk seriously makes everything better.

4. Db July 6, 2011 at 10:30 pm #

Keep up the great writing and twittering Chrissy. I have no idea what in the hell the first commenter is talking about.

That pizza looks delicious and a great Hangover cure ( we know that’s the reason you really like it) In a future post can you write about how you got so into cooking and how you learned. Also how did you work at a surf shop and not know how to swim?

• chrissyteigen July 6, 2011 at 10:33 pm #

lol, will do.

and yes, the first thing I thought about was oh man…what a great hangover pizza. no complicated utensils and you knock out both breakfast and lunch so you can head back to sleep. aaaah.

• Wanna Know Pls?! July 7, 2011 at 1:23 am #

that’s a bit harsh
      but that’s exactly what i mean
      when you get big numbers you get insults :(

• chrissyteigen July 7, 2011 at 1:47 am #

What are you talking about? This isn’t a place to start shit, please. I’m confused as to what you are trying to say.

5. Amber July 6, 2011 at 10:33 pm #

I’ve heard about a similar breakfast pizza before. What I was told was that you should always order double the egg, that they are way better that way.

• chrissyteigen July 6, 2011 at 10:34 pm #

i do triple egg. because i am gross like that.

• Amber July 6, 2011 at 10:41 pm #

I don’t blame you. I bet the extreme yolkiness of the thing makes it over the top delicious.

6. Jill July 6, 2011 at 11:44 pm #

Guessing you partake in this pizza on your “cheat” day(s) from your low carb summer? :) Looks gooey yummy!

• chrissyteigen July 7, 2011 at 12:05 am #

oh man. this was 4th of july. i HAD to make a cheat day. I’d go berserk. but i did definitely feel bad about it all on the 5th. sigh.

7. Melissa July 6, 2011 at 11:46 pm #

Yummm!!! I personally think anything with the word “pizza” in it is good in my book, but I honestly have never thought of a breakfast pizza. Hmm.
    Thank you (as always) for sharing!

8. Rus July 7, 2011 at 12:57 am #

i was with you till runny eggs. especially with a hangover. that just feels… cruel.

is it gonna be awkward if i go to one of these places next time i’m in town and you happen to be there, and i have to do the whole ‘hey, i follow you on the internet… you retweeted a picture of my dogs belly….remember me?’ thing?

is that gonna be weird, or can we be cool about it and pretend i’m actually some key grip you met on a shoot and we got drunk afterwards and you gave me relationship advice and now we’re bros and you’re stoked cause you haven’t seen me since Madagascar, and oh man, that was such a great trip, can’t wait till we shoot that black and decker swimsuit thing again next year!

that sounds way less ‘internety’. you in?

• chrissyteigen July 7, 2011 at 1:14 am #

that was EXACTLY the story I had in my head too! perfect. do it!

• Rus July 7, 2011 at 2:29 am #

man, i can’t wait. that shoot was such good fun. you and all those girls. me gripping all that shit… the beautiful sunsets and the fresh daiquiris by the pool. often think of it fondly. ‘golden moments’ as they say.

• DTfromKC July 8, 2011 at 12:46 pm #

Eggs are actually known to help relieve hangovers.

9. Penelope Davis July 7, 2011 at 3:03 am #

The comments on here are ridiculous but so great. Keep me laughing. That pizza looks AWESOME. Tonight I was hungry and I almost cooked some bacon and poached some eggs and put it on toast. Then I got lazy and just made macaroni. Keep it up! I check my twitter every 10 minutes just to hear your tweets.

10. Nathan July 7, 2011 at 7:19 am #

That crust looks great. Love your blog!

11. nicole July 7, 2011 at 8:45 am #

love your blog and pulino’s as well! Went there for brunch with a bunch of friends a couple weeks ago. ps have you ever been to “friend of a farmer” in gramercy? all the food is amazing but for dessert, gigantic chocolate chip and/or oatmeal raisin cookies baked and served in a cast iron skillet. thought you might like!

12. theworldoftiffany July 7, 2011 at 9:21 am #

That pizza looks super yummy. And don”t let anyone be World Class Haters on here make sure to play them like you do on twitter….hahahaha

13. DDallow July 7, 2011 at 9:55 am #

There really is nothing better than egg yolk. I have a backlog of blog posts waiting to go up because I need to stagger the many, many with poached eggs thrown in. It would look like I put it on everything (instead of almost everything).

14. Butters Stotch July 7, 2011 at 11:54 am #

The frisee aux lardons at Raoul’s in Soho was MADE for you! frisee salad topped with poached egg and bacon…

15. Jimmy S. July 7, 2011 at 1:47 pm #

Is there cheese on the bacon, sausage, and egg pizza. IS THERE CHEESE…..on the BACON, SAUSAGE, and EGG PIZZA?

I’ll hang up and listen.

(19jms on the Twit)

16. elise July 7, 2011 at 4:48 pm #

Reminds me of Tarte Flambee, have you ever tried it? It is a thin pizza crust like the one on that pizza with creme fraiche, onions, and bacon, cooked over a wood fire. Yummy!

17. Elise July 7, 2011 at 10:52 pm #

Woodberry Kitchen in Baltimore has a good sausage chedder breakfast flat bread with the cracked egg in the middle its awesome

18. Justine July 8, 2011 at 5:32 am #

Holy crap this looks ridiculous!! Hahaaha

I’m not a big breakfast person cuz I’d rather sleep in lol but I’d for sure wake up for this!! NY has the crazzzzies food eateries I swear all we did was eat when we visited. Nooow I’m on a mission to find a place like this in San Francisco.

19. DTfromKC July 8, 2011 at 12:44 pm #

As a night owl/late-riser (I just woke up and read this before eating), this looks sooo good. Perfect brunch food. Plus, I LOVE pizza, so what a great and simple dish. As a bachelor who sucks balls at cooking and is trying to learn new things, I intend to attempt to somewhat emulate this dish on my own. Thanks for sharing.

• chrissyteigen July 8, 2011 at 3:00 pm #

i want photos when you make it!

• DTfromKC July 11, 2011 at 1:45 pm #

Will do! I can’t promise it won’t be a disaster, but how hard can it be to dump a few breakfast ingredients on a pizza crust? That’s what I say every time disfigure an omelet. I still haven’t learned how to flip it without it falling apart. I think a pizza will be easier. No flipping required.

20. TheBigSecret July 8, 2011 at 4:46 pm #

oh that’s good hustle. please keep up the good work. i can’t wait to check this place out on my next nyc trip.

21. Ellie July 9, 2011 at 4:59 pm #

This will be the first place I go for brunch the next time I’m in the city. Taking Fasolino with me!
    Thanks for your hilarious blog Chrissy, Nicole’s mentioned how funny you are. I’m on my first diet ever (at 37), unfortunately it’s not because it’s the first time my metabolism has slowed, it’s the first time I’ve decided to do something about it (I know, “damn girl!”). I don’t live in a hot spot anymore, I live in Wisco., letting yourself go is one of the perks. Thanks for your honesty, I totally feel for you. I’m just a few weeks from a major swimsuit spread myself (it’s entitled, sitting in my backyard). Please keep the laughter and sound advice on low cal alcohol options coming! Drinking is my favorite residential requirement Milwaukee.