Ugh, alcohol.

29 Jun

I have such a love/hate relationship with alcohol. I love a glass or 4 of cabernet before bed (white makes me nauseous, literally), and I absolutely have to have wine as I cook…or a vodka lemonade if it’s a lunch meal I’m making. Yikes this is really sounding like I have a problem…ummmmm anyhowwwww…I’m pretty hungover today from a lethal mix of red wine and vodka and champagne. Bad move.

I cannot have champagne. One glass and I have a headache for hours, and always end up tossing my cookies in the morning, which is a shame since I actually do like the taste of champagne while I completely hate the taste of everything else.

This might be coming from the completely wrong person, but I think I have some alcohol tips for you…

*margaritas are JUST TERRIBLE for you. They are so fun, I know, trust me I know, but wow. They are loaded with sugar. I’ve tried Bethanny’s Skinnygirl stuff and it’s good, but just has agave rather than the bad-for-you sour margarita mix. Which is fine but it’s still sugar. Anyhoo, if I’m in the tequila mood (usually when I have to switch into schmoozy party mode) then I ask for a glass of patron on the rocks with soda and a lottttt of lime juice and a tiny splash of triple sec. Tiny.

*fact: most fashion industry people that are watching their weight (so everyone) drink vodka/club soda splash of lime. Even lighter. Get Goose. Potato vodkas are a no no. This is my drink of choice lately. Kind of tastes like ass, and trust me, I can’t wait for swimsuit modeling season to go away. I miss the cold Christmas shopping days where I fill a to-go cup with coffee halfway and pour Bailey’s in the rest. Then I hit the city, shop, and completely forget what I ended up buying anyone until I get the thank you cards. It’s fun.

Where have I gone with this? I have no idea. I think I just wanted to write because I’ve been bedridden all day. Please don’t take this as me preaching diet shit to you guys. Definitely not me! It’s just that a lot of people ask me about this kind of stuff…

Oh I remember what this post was about. Why do I always go so far off topic? I do not know. Anyhow, cherry season is almost over so hurry up and make a little twist on the cherry mojito shown above…even though a cherry mojito is a twist already I suppose…and I thought most mojitos were rum….I don’t know, ok? Shut up and let me talk stop asking questions!

Muddle 5 or 6 cherries lime juice and mix with vodka and sparkling water. Pick your proportions. Naturally, I suggest more vodka than anything….

Happy drinking!

26 Responses to “Ugh, alcohol.”

1. Darcy Dietz June 29, 2011 at 9:06 pm #

bacon is a wonderful hangover cure. Great blog btw. Feel better soon.

2. Carlton B June 29, 2011 at 9:29 pm #

Good looking out on the vodka, club soda drink! My wife was trying to find a lighter goto drink…lol

3. Mrscay June 29, 2011 at 9:44 pm #

I’m buying a bottle of Baileys on my lunch break.

4. Gemma C June 29, 2011 at 9:46 pm #

You’re hilarious, I LOVE this blog. You need a talk show…you’d be the next Tyra, but…not psycho.

5. Allison Conzatti June 29, 2011 at 9:47 pm #

That looks so yummy! Love love love this blog! I am making those peanut butter and chocolate things this weekend. Your boyfriend and I are kindred spirits when it comes to chocolate and peanut butter I see.

6. Alexis June 29, 2011 at 10:08 pm #

A drink recipe I like to use is some mashed strawberries (or raspberries, blueberries, whatever u like), lime or lemon, water (or alcohol, club soda, whatever u want), sweetened with stevia and ice. its really good.

If u want a margarita do lime, alcohol, ice, and stevia and its just as good!

7. Jenny V June 29, 2011 at 10:25 pm #

since you are kind of a swim suit model and stuff…its kind of legit if you give us diet-y shit advice!! :)

8. Jill June 29, 2011 at 11:41 pm #

Hi Chrissy, when you mention lime juice are you talking natural lime juice or like a Rose’s Lime Juice? Assuming the first as all natural (no added sugar). Your margarita alternative sounds refreshing for summer!

• JohnK June 30, 2011 at 12:22 am #

For a cold weather drink, I suggest AppleJacks. Hot Apple Cider and, of course Jack Daniels. I hate hard booze, but that stuff is good!

9. Rus June 30, 2011 at 1:33 am #

i Know you didn’t mention it here, but you did on twitter, so….
    ‘solpadeine plus.’ copy, paste then google that little sliver of foreign magic.
    secret english hangover rememdy.
    paracetamol, codeine and caffeine.
    they come in effervescent tablets. throw two in a small glass of water and in 45 minutes you’ll be feeling like a million bucks.
    or 10 million bucks….whatever your socio-economically equivalent adage would be.
    they’re only available in london, but you can import them via amazon.
    i promise, they’ll change your life.

10. DetroitDrew June 30, 2011 at 8:03 am #

Muddle fresh strawberries and basil leaves in a glass. Pour in excessive amounts of vodka and a splash of lemon. Awesome on a summer day and not terrible for you.

11. theworldoftiffany June 30, 2011 at 10:28 am #

Vodka and anything is great: lemonade, any of the varying Minute Maid juices, Pepsi..yum

12. Kelly June 30, 2011 at 10:36 am #

Champagne makes me vom too, and also gives me a nasty headache. I blame the bubbles. I’m a wine addict, vodka and soda when I’m out.

13. Bri June 30, 2011 at 1:28 pm #

Drink 1/4 to 1/3 of those gigantic bottles of flavored sparkling waters. Replace with vodka of your juice. Add a couple lemon or lime wedges. Shop till you drop.

• Bri June 30, 2011 at 1:28 pm #

Wow. choice*

14. foodie101 June 30, 2011 at 5:03 pm #

i want to not like you…but i cant. your too down to earth and funny. love reading the blog…i like the diet(y)(ish) tips…a way to cut back without losing flavor! it always super helpful and fun to see what works for other people.

15. nicole June 30, 2011 at 5:43 pm #

I’m drinking this right. this. moment. COME OVER. Luca is even sipping on it.

16. Kechi June 30, 2011 at 5:55 pm #

My goodness me! I looooove margaritas too, but they are filled with so much badness. I have decided to avoid the alcohol all together…life is much easier that way, not as much fun, but easier

17. Maygan July 1, 2011 at 1:28 am #

Looove this post and I feel the same about champagne. Drink of choice…vanilla vodka and diet coke w/lime. So good.

18. Josh Gorfain July 1, 2011 at 7:55 am #

My hangover cure is usually a couple McD’s cheeseburgers. Enough bread to soak up all the hate and enough depressing psuedo-meat for a bit of flavor.

Then again, I don’t drink that much…maybe a G&T or two.

19. Lauren Strzelecki July 7, 2011 at 12:03 pm #

I am going to try to make one of these today…. Wish me luck! :)

20. Caroline July 8, 2011 at 4:10 pm #

Have any recipes for a strong and delicious sangria? Since I know you are a seriously reliable source when it comes to wine/alcohol and delectable recipes

21. Maura July 19, 2011 at 10:33 pm #

Pureed blueberries, vodka, a little lemonade, a splash of simple syrup, and blend with ice. Looks like an adult smoothie, can definitely walk around with this one on the streets!

22. lauren September 24, 2011 at 5:51 pm #

wtf, you get thank you cards when you buy things??? from the stores???? or from people you give the purchases to. if its the former, this is fanciness beyond my wildest imagination.

23. backporchcafe May 21, 2012 at 3:58 am #

Hilariously lighthearted blog…and can’t wait to test out these recipes!

1. » What the crap! Baxter Bark Twice - August 9, 2011

[...] her on Twitter, too. Anyway, I learned the following about booze yesterday from her post, “Ugh, alcohol:” *fact: most fashion industry people that are watching their weight (so everyone) drink [...]