Ohhhh my.

29 Jun

FACT: John Legend LOVES anything chocolate and peanut buttery. It’s his favorite. But really, who doesn’t love that combo? One of my favorite things to make for him (although it’s been a while) are these little peanut butter cookie dough balls, which is just getting a mini muffin tin, making a ball out of Pillsbury peanut butter dough just big enough to fit into each er, slot?…and pushing frozen “fun size****” reese’s cup right into the middle of the dough until the dough forces it’s way near the top. Bake according to whatever dough you used, and you have this ooey-gooey warm flow of peanut butter and chocolate filling your entire mouth. It’s heaven.

And now I have stumbled across this beautiful nutter butter-esque gem…

It has peanut butter AND nutella in it. That’s all I need to say. Why are you still reading. Go to the store!!! Make this and eat it for me and describe every detail. I live for that kind of talk on this god-forsaken low-carb CRAP jsfjdsglsdjgljggj

Also if you could rub it all over your body, that would be great too. Just do whatever you think I’d do if I had these in my presence.

Thank you to Rachel for the recipe! Recipe here: http://www.withloverachel.com/2011/06/my-kind-of-nutter-butter-dessert.html and be sure to check out the rest of her delicious looking site.

****can we stop calling too-tiny bars of candy “fun size” please? what would be fun is one the size of a small child.

Update! I think people are curious about those balls I just rambled on about….here’s the actual recipe! Bon appetit, bitches! (someone told me to sign off that way, I like it)

23 Responses to “Ohhhh my.”

1. Darcy Dietz June 29, 2011 at 7:20 pm #

I made you one of these, but I eated it. :(

2. Jenny V June 29, 2011 at 7:27 pm #

i am going to try BOTH. i really like your candy in the middle idea. ill probably try to stick as many as possible inside of the peanut butter cookie dough.

this is going to turn into a reeces cups with some peanut butter dough on the sides. thats ok with me.

• chrissyteigen June 29, 2011 at 7:41 pm #

ha! make sure they are frozen or else it melts tooooo much and could burn. CHRISSY NOTE!: also it’s a good idea to cook the cookie dough until it is a few minutes from being finished, thennnn shove the reese’s in. the cookie cooks better. enjoy!

3. TwheetyBird June 29, 2011 at 7:27 pm #

You def introduce me to things I wouldn’t normally try :-).

4. Cynthia June 29, 2011 at 7:35 pm #

Yum…both of these recipes sound so good. Can’t wait to make some of the PB dough balls this weekend!

5. chrissyteigen June 29, 2011 at 7:48 pm #

ok guys I posted the link for the super easy peanut butter cup cookies up there :)

• Ron June 29, 2011 at 11:57 pm #

I’d go with a different sign off, “bon appetite bitches” is too Kardashianesque.

6. Tracey G. June 29, 2011 at 8:30 pm #

My husband is going to love this. Thanks for posting!

• Rachel June 30, 2011 at 2:34 pm #

:) that’s my recipe! You should try it out, they are to die!

• Kristina July 1, 2011 at 11:17 am #

I want to be like, you are purely evil for this, but you’re just doing god’s work. And for that I salute you.

7. Genni June 30, 2011 at 1:38 am #

I know these recipes taste amazing… But look at this. Thank me later and I apologize in advance….CHEAT day might be coming soon.

• Kristina June 30, 2011 at 8:58 am #

Damn you to hell.

8. Darcy Dietz July 1, 2011 at 11:26 am #

Cheat day schmeet day.

9. Stephanie July 2, 2011 at 12:51 pm #

I LOOOOVE DESSERTS and what you made looks (and im sure tastes) AMAZING! but im 22 and shit is catching up with me! i dont have the same metabolism as i used to! what are some healthier desserts? or do you always just go balls-to-the-wall with desserts?

10. catvoncat July 4, 2011 at 1:48 pm #

I just made the cookie dough mini muffin ball thingies. I couldn’t find the Pillsbury peanut butter dough (or any other brand of peanut butter dough for that matter) at the grocery store, and I don’t make my own because I suck at it, so I bought sugar cookie dough instead. Peanut butter probably would have been tastier, but the sugar cookie dough worked. I baked the cookies about halfway before sticking the frozen peanut butter cups in them. One note for anyone else who tries this is to let them cool for a good while in the muffin tin before you remove them. I tried to take them out too early and the first few fell apart and I got cookie bits and melted peanut butter cups all over the counter and floor. I left the rest in to cool a bit longer and they popped out looking like perfect, delicious little cupcakes. Yum.

11. Amy July 4, 2011 at 6:43 pm #

Can’t wait to try this recipe! Choc, peanut butter and nutella is amazing!

Check this recipe out – super peanut buttery and chocolatey and it’s called a buckeye – isn’t that John’s fav school??

12. MMN27 July 5, 2011 at 10:25 pm #

This is in no way good for you but I made this for my sister’s 21st birthday and it was pretty awesome… http://cookeatshare.com/recipes/tracey-s-reese-s-peanut-butter-cup-caramel-chocolate-cake-363425/print?servings=10

13. Kelly B. July 6, 2011 at 10:16 pm #

I make the Peanut Butter Balls (or Buckeyes) every Christmas; friends and family pester me, so I usually end up making 200 or more each year. You can use chocolate candy or “bark” coating in place of the chips and paraffin–much easier. I also roll them in chopped peanuts when the chocolate sets up a bit. Also, roll the balls and freeze for 1/2 hour on wax paper before dipping into the chocolate, or you’re just asking for trouble. :)

14. Tierney August 4, 2011 at 11:42 am #

I just made this…it smells like heavenly sex. Too bad I never eat what I bake and just give it to my family who jizz in their pants over it. Thanks for the recipe :)

• chrissyteigen August 4, 2011 at 11:51 am #

i never end up eating what i bake, either! thank god. thankkkkk god.

15. Joanna January 17, 2012 at 4:26 am #

I made the peanut butter cup cookies the other day. I used the betty crocker peanut butter cookie mix and made 24 cookies in regular size muffin pans. I just rolled the dough into balls and pressed them out across the bottom (I sprayed the pans first and they came right out after setting up on the counter, 30 min or so) I used reeses miniatures, the little individually wrapped ones not the itty bitty marble sized ones-i hate those, too much chocolate, very little peanut butter. I chopped them up because I wasn’t sure how they would fit, I thought they would be too small, but I think they’d almost work. The cookies were amazing, and I will definitely make them again!