You bastard.

28 Jun

…That is what I call this thing. This…thing…that has kind of taken over my life in a way:

Aaaah, the hard-boiled egg.

Let’s be honest here. I love to eat. So much. It makes me happy in a way I don’t think many will understand, and the experience of dining out provides me with endless pleasure but….

I have to wear swimsuits. A lot. No, I don’t “have to”, but I do, for now, and it’s great…when you are proud of your body. When you’re not, you want to crawl in a ball underneath those hot lights and hide every stretch mark and every little roll that happens when they ask you to sit…in a swimsuit. It has happened to me more times than I care to share.

My point is, I’m finally proud lately, and I’m mostly proud because I have done this “diet” in a healthy way. I have, FOR YEARS, skipped breakfast and poked at meals and raped the refrigerator late at night in a hungry rage….but I’m happy to say that I finally get what people say when they say, “you have to, have to, eat”. Seems too simple right? But in a crazy model’s mind, you really think you have to be hungry a lot. But you don’t. And I finally have proof of that on the scale and in my (finally happy) mind.

Granted, I really don’t think most models think about food with the love that I do….I don’t think it’s a huge deal for a lot of them to choose the salad when given the choice between that and a sausage pizza or something. But for me, it kinda is. Eating salad makes me feel like herbivore zoo animal.

Anyhow what the hell am I talking about even? I forget. The point of this post was to answer someone’s question about what to eat for breakfast while dieting. Eat a hard-boiled egg. Why didn’t someone shut me up sooner? I need therapy.

16 Responses to “You bastard.”

1. Dave Hoffman June 28, 2011 at 7:15 pm #

Isn’t that what the blog is for?

2. JTS June 28, 2011 at 7:51 pm #

I do the hard boiled egg thing for breakfast too – it gets a little old. What seasoning do you put on the egg (pictured above)?

3. c June 28, 2011 at 7:56 pm #

Your yolks are turning green because you boil them too long.

Put them in the pan of room temp. water. Heat to a boil and remove. Cover and wait 8 min. Voila.

• chrissyteigen June 28, 2011 at 8:05 pm #

it all tastes the same to me, my friend.

• c June 28, 2011 at 11:33 pm #

okay. didn’t mean to sound critical. just offering advice. creamy yolks are good . :)

4. foodie101 June 28, 2011 at 8:00 pm #

sooo great to read about a foodie that has struggled to find balance between the love of butter and health and weight maitenance etc. keep the tips coming…they are great.you are doing something right with that bod….maybe blog a day of food in the life of chrissy? and how to manage when traveling so much? luvvvv the blog!

5. Hendra Wijaya June 28, 2011 at 10:31 pm #

you should try to put a little soy sauce on your hard boiled egg. Or better get ketjap manis (Indonesian thick sweet soy sauce). Simple but so freaking good

6. Tracey G. June 29, 2011 at 8:04 am #

Thanks for posting this. It’s always nice to read other peoples struggles and thoughts w/ dieting. Love your blog and how honest you are with everything.

I second the above poster. I would love to see a post on traveling and weight maintenance.

7. Carrie-Anne June 29, 2011 at 9:29 am #

Chrissy have you read The 4 Hour Body by Timothy Ferriss? Google it, or here is the Amazon link http://tinyurl.com/35f5957 . I found it pretty helpful for me as a lover of food, but who is also getting older and can’t rely on a fast metabolism anymore.

8. xoxome11 June 29, 2011 at 10:56 am #

Chrissy — I swear this blog is the best thing you could have ever done! There are a lot of women out there (many following you) who love food and also want to look good. With your great recipes AND your tips on eating healthy — not to mention your killer sense of humor, it’s like checking in with a totally cool friend. Keep it up — we’re all loving it! And thanks for your honesty about the rolls that appear when you have to sit in a swimsuit — my friends and I were just talking about that last night — it’s very helpful to know that even a SI swimsuit model has the same issues — you really, really rock, girl!

• Laura June 29, 2011 at 12:07 pm #

Could not agree more! I have had several boyfriends tell me I love food more than anyone they’ve ever met in their lives, and am constantly mortified to find myself eating more than them at meals. BUT at the same time, I still want to look good! Can’t wait for more hilarious insights :)

9. Becky C June 29, 2011 at 5:16 pm #

I eat a lot of eggs too. Somedays you may look at the bastard and want to do nothing more than throw them at random people but just so you know I am a huge fan yours and your loyalty to the hard boiled bastard is obviously paying off. You have the most gorgeous figure and Your an amazing model!

Big up Skinny people with inner fatties trying to knaw there way out!

10. nicole June 29, 2011 at 5:57 pm #

holy holy holy, I’m obsessed with this blog. love you.

11. Kelsey June 29, 2011 at 11:45 pm #

I made some deviled eggs last night, and then just read Chrissy’s post. I wish I would have thought of it before, but I wonder if there is a “diet deviled egg” that might be able to spice up a normal hard boiled egg? I put mustard in my deviled eggs, which is 0 calories. I also put relish and mayo, but maybe it you leave out the mayo and just put mustard and relish, you could get some more taste with very few extra calories. Just a thought — anyone ever doctored up their deviled eggs to make them low cal but still tasty? Has anyone tried Walden Farms 0 cal mayo? Maybe that would work, but I have never tried it (seems like it would be awful but some of their 0 cal dressings are pretty decent).

12. Brian July 7, 2011 at 8:27 pm #

Enjoy your blog, thanks for sharing. Have you ever tried scotch eggs?

Definitely not part of a diet, and they don’t sound pleasing, but they are tasty!