I hate fish.

27 Jun

…at least I USED to hate fish. This low-carb crap (which is going amazingly well, by the way) has me looking for energy in other places, and fish is obviously great for this.

If I have the choice of fish or steak, you bet your ass I am going steak every time. Pasta or fish? Pasta every time. There is no fish meal that will satisfy me like meatballs or a roasted chicken or a freaking hamburger. That is just not how I operate.

But a beautiful branzino certainly helps…

Branzino with sauteed veggies from Bar Italia, far from our grungy but lovable east village. For the record, I don’t normally have lunch at such fancy places, but when John and I are actually together and he’s not in a mad rush somewhere, it’s nice to actually have a mini mid-day date, especially if you won’t see each other for a week. I’m usually eating lunch from bed or with farts mcgee bulldog somewhere.

Lightly pan fried and delicious, on most Italian menus. Go for it. It makes you forget about hamburgers. Not about pasta though. Not. About. Pasta.

6 Responses to “I hate fish.”

1. theworldoftiffany June 27, 2011 at 11:04 pm #

Try Hawaiin Salmon with pineapples..tasty

2. theworldoftiffany June 27, 2011 at 11:06 pm #

whoops Hawaiian…either way buy the Lawry’s marinade, add some pineapple chunks and put it in the oven. Have some potatoes and voila…

3. Christina June 27, 2011 at 11:43 pm #

That does look delicious. Loving the blog, keep it up! I am considering going low carb as well. Do you cut down on dairy also? Any tips?

4. Kelsey laroche June 28, 2011 at 8:13 am #

Besides being a teeny bit (maybe a lot) jealous your blog is already more popular than mine, I am thrilled you have a food blog. Your twitter was one of my favorite forms of entertainment and then you started blogging about food… Even better!

5. Ranu June 30, 2011 at 6:08 pm #

YUM, looks amazing. But agree. WILL. NEVER. FORGET. PASTA.

6. MauiGirl July 2, 2011 at 12:46 pm #

Girl I understand you don’t like fish and who does with its fishy odor lingering around. Gross! BUT by far the best fish in the world is in Hawaii particular where I’m from, Maui. (Can you say Mama’s Fish House.) Ok so I’m yammering but here is a recipe you’ll like!
    2/3 cup coconut milk
    1/2 cup lime juice
    1 red onion finely diced
    1 large tomato seeded and diced
    1 small cucumber peeled seeded and diced
    1 teaspoon grated lime zest
    1 teaspoon sea salt
    1 pound sushi grade ahi tuna cut into 1/2″ cubes

Combine all the stuff above except the fish. Then add the fish and marinate for 15 minutes. Drain excess liquid if you like then eat um’! Good stuff! You can eat alone or with taro chips.

Aloha