Ok, ok. Fine.

26 Jun

I guess this occasion of me finally having a blog DOES call for having an actual blog post, not just a picture of me eating bacon.

This, is how I blog, and yes, I always have a fully set table. Oh the things you’ll learn!:

I suppose I’ll tell you a little bit about me, right? I dunno how this works. Anyhow, I’m Chrissy. Last year I was “Christine” but I’ve now decided that I have the rest of my life to have an old lady name, so I’ll try to live it up now.

I love food. I wake up thinking about what to make or have for lunch and dinner — I don’t love breakfast (and quite honestly, I kinda suck at making it) and the breakfasts items I doooo love tend to lean towards desserts. Seriously what the fuck is up with pancakes? Why are they so delicious and yet so terrible for you? I am constantly plagued with the question, “Why can’t delicious food be the healthy food?” Why don’t pancakes grow on trees? Why can’t spinach be the shitty food that causes love handles? Sigh.

Anyhow, the idea of this blog is to kind of narrow down the twitter thing. I think the all-night tweeting of dinner photos was upsetting for some of the guys who purely wanted to see some ass and not even hear what I find to be witty remarks. I mean, trust me, I hear it all day. “Shut up and show your tits, bitch”. It’s something I, in a way, signed up for with starting it in the first place, but I hope this can be a place where we can talk and share our love of food and maybe some other random things here and there. So I hope you enjoy and please let me know if you have suggestions, and I love answering food questions, like great places to eat in the city, blah blah blah. But try not to be so broad! I can like a dirty noodle spot one minute then that same night go to Le Bernardin or something. And oh! If I ever say something like that again, feel free to “EGP!” me, which can mean “Ew, Gwyneth Paltrow”.

I never want anyone to think I’m a chef in any way. I just love food. I love to cook, I love to read cookbooks, and I love to eat out (har har). I’ve been known to throw an entire meal in the trash after plating in completely unjustified insecurity. And I NEVER believe people when they tell me something I made is good. I’m working on it. But I do know when other food is good, and I can’t wait to share my loves with you..

I get to eat some amazing things but what fun is that unless you can share it with people. You are my people : )

Oh also, I love to drink. So cheers to you and my new blog. Hopefully you both will have a long relationship then one person gets bored and cheats then we break up and fall in love again but things will just never be the same because I instilled all my trust in you to only read my blog and…yeah. Cheers!

39 Responses to “Ok, ok. Fine.”

1. palinode June 26, 2011 at 3:26 pm #

As long as there’s bacon.

2. S.C. June 26, 2011 at 3:26 pm #

Sriracha sauce!! You’re alright Teigan, you’re alright.

3. Edgar Wilson June 26, 2011 at 3:27 pm #

Hey,
    Love the idea. However, Maybe you should create some icons in the shape of pieces of bacon, or doughnuts, or pancakes, or anything that you can superimpose over your hotness in the photos, otherwise, scumbag guys like me will immediately lose the “food train of thought” and revert to their scumbaginess. I see you enjoy shopping at Whole Paycheck. kudos. Love your twitter page. No shit, I could almost not read anybody but yours. You are one funny fuck. Mr. Legend is indeed a lucky fellow. Keep up the good work. When I come to NY for my first visit I will seek out your guidance on restaurant choices. Salud,
    Edgar

4. Daffodil Goddess June 26, 2011 at 3:28 pm #

Chrissy, could you do a little blurb about Shake Shack, for those of us who have never been to New York. I would like to hear more about it than you can put in 140 characters. Also, I would like more photos of John, with your food (I’m a woman, I don’t want to see your breasts although I’m sure they are a fine pair). ;)

5. Kerissa K. June 26, 2011 at 3:29 pm #

Looking forward to this!

6. Brandi Applegate June 26, 2011 at 3:31 pm #

Can’t wait for some yummy recipes!! Can u start with the baked cajun catfish you made for John the other night??

• chrissyteigen June 26, 2011 at 3:40 pm #

will do! I think you will be pleasantly surprised….I don’t lie when it comes to cutting corners : )

7. Jenny V June 26, 2011 at 3:40 pm #

i am sooooo excited for your food blog chirssy! in the house i grew up in the only items used to season food were butter and salt and teaching myself to cook is a very new passion of mine so feel free to dumb anything down to kindergarten cooking level.

although now that you have a cooking blog the amount of time i spend on twitter cannot be in anyway be rationally justified…

8. Kim Caronchi June 26, 2011 at 3:45 pm #

First, you are brilliant.
    Second, what’s in the fancy, white drink dispenser looking thing?

• chrissyteigen June 26, 2011 at 3:49 pm #

We got it at ABC Kitchen and Home in nyc. It has rocks and shit in it, some might call it minerals, but yeah. We never use it but it looks nice :)

• Kim Caronchi June 26, 2011 at 4:06 pm #

I think I will continue to pretend you are swilling sangria all day. ;)

9. Leony June 26, 2011 at 4:00 pm #

I’m a girl, and only very attracted to men, so definitely will not ask you to ‘show your tits, bitch’.. But I think you are hysterically funny, you evilly honest sarcastic gorgeous swimsuitmodel with a love for crappy foods!

Love your blog already, just need to know your secret how you stay so damn skinny!?

10. Matt - Belgium. June 26, 2011 at 4:10 pm #

Well,

this blog is long overdue….This way your ramblings about food are no longer limited to 140 characters….or thousands of tweets with 140 characters, whatever.
    Does this mean you will tweet less? Or will the complete domination over my timeline continue? Also: Will the food tweets be replaced with other (read: sexy pics) tweets? I apologize for that avalanche of questions….(3, not all that bad really)

I’m curious to what this blog will bring, as I find your tweets hilarious. I’m from Belgium, and apparently nobody has ever heard of sarcasm here. They just stare at me with an empty gaze as I roll my eyes , because they once again didn’t pick up on it. But I’m going way off track here. You’re hilarious, and I love reading your stuff… And I love food, so that kinda works out then.

And why don’t you write a book? I need some more of your sarcasm.
    If you need advice about Belgian food, let me know !

Good luck!!!!

• chrissyteigen June 26, 2011 at 4:31 pm #

Matt, can I hire you to just follow me around and say nice things? You make me happy.

Will let you know when I hit up Belgium! i’ve been there once but just briefly. Too bad!

• Matt - Belgium. June 26, 2011 at 4:52 pm #

Haha thanks…you make me happy too lol. I’ll make sure to stay around and add my two cents. Maybe my two cents are nice and friendly, maybe not…(obviously I can’t promise you things like that after you only had 2 blog posts)

Matt

11. Kristina June 26, 2011 at 4:16 pm #

I hope you’ll do a post about your favorite cookbooks, or books about food in general, as well.

• chrissyteigen June 26, 2011 at 4:32 pm #

Good idea! I will add that to the to-do list : )

12. julie demdam June 26, 2011 at 6:49 pm #

first off……(i’m sure your ears are ringing cause you probably get this a lot) but you’re fucking hilarious. i don’t say that about too many people. i appreciate how you’re so uncensored. we get too much bullshit from everyone else so you’re basically a breath of fresh air. i’m looking forward to you posting actual recipes, none of that rachel ray nonsense. how are you with desserts?

13. xoxome11 June 26, 2011 at 9:22 pm #

I hate breakfast too, but try to stay fit/healthy. So any good advice you get on that front to keep in shape (because every damn fitness person/nutrition person/etc says you HAVE to have oatmeal for breakfast and all I really want is a big ol’ sticky bun – which, btw, I make a FABULOUS version…yummm….). So please share how you manage to look fab and hate breakfast…or any other healthy eating food tips! We ALL need to look good in our swimsuits!

14. a.c. June 26, 2011 at 11:56 pm #

VERY excited about the food blog and learning more about you! Your skin looks perfect.

15. Danielle June 27, 2011 at 10:39 am #

So excited for this. Can you get like an app our something so I can read this from the comfort of my cell phone homepage? That way we know about every post!

16. chris June 27, 2011 at 1:54 pm #

Super yaaay for you finally blogging!!!

… can’t tell you how excited that makes me:)

P.S. where in holy hell did you get that skirt???????

i love it.

17. Christine June 27, 2011 at 2:16 pm #

Old lady name? Really? Love your blog, but I had to chime in. Not cool…

18. Aracelly June 27, 2011 at 4:26 pm #

Sooooo happy you finally have a blog, Chrissy!! I love reading your tweets and how completely honest and real you are. I too love food and look forward to what you will blog about. I am going to try out your chipotle marinade this week. It’s all I keep thinking about! LOL! Cheers!

19. Tierra June 28, 2011 at 12:52 am #

I will be in Chicago later this year. Do you have any fav spots there?

20. Ben June 28, 2011 at 12:54 am #

Chrissy, so this is clearly not an original opinion but I must echo the chorus and tell you that I find you to be absolutely hilarious. You’re my most valued follow on Twitter…and that includes family. Your brand of humor is quick-witted and not for the faint of heart which would make it well…refreshing. Anyway, love that you’re diving into the blog world and covering a topic I probably have an unhealthy relationship with, food and great recipes. I hope this doesn’t completely slow down the whimsy and sarcasm I can count on viewing in my Twitter timeline but wish you all the best in this new endeavor!!!

• chrissyteigen June 28, 2011 at 2:17 pm #

it makes me really happy to hear that, truly. I’m so happy everyone is enjoying and getting to see a new side of me…not the 140 character cheeky chrissy. this is fun! thank you!

21. Denise Miller June 28, 2011 at 4:07 pm #

Chrissy….as an aspiring foodie I am excited about this blog and also because you make my timeline come alive. Loved you from day one, hate you sometimes but your raw honest sincerity sceams across the air…love you…and won’t be asking to see your tits, and hate sometimes how men get most of your attention but you are forgiven….lol! And a woman who loves men, I am not a fan of you because of who you date!!

22. Wu Wu June 29, 2011 at 10:49 am #

dude, i love you! you are soooo funny. you are a woman after my own heart. i have the same sentiments about food except without the model bod. you are so lucky or blessed. :) i’m glad you started your blog so i can see your food posts in enlarged instead on my little twitter screen. keep up the good work. oh and regarding the kalbi, try broiling them. it’s a hands free, no mess way to cook them up. just as good and, dare i say, “healthier” way to cook. :)

23. Dawn Hayes June 29, 2011 at 11:39 am #

Hey there,
    That dastardly fellow over at wwtdd.com pointed me at your hilarious, terrible tweets, and now i see that not only do you have a foul yet honest mouth in the face of public scrutiny, you also adore food and drink as much as i? I suspect that we are brothers from another mother. Creepy? Absolutely!

Anywho, thanks for making this blog – not many catch my eye and make me laugh, make me hungry and immediately make me feel like i know and like that person. Keep on rockin’ lady.

24. Trey (Georgia) June 29, 2011 at 4:09 pm #

Being a world traveler, food connoisseur, reputation assassin, and supermodel extraordinaire, it seems logical you’ll document your fav dining spots as you hop from place to place, leaving the weak and stupid in your wake. It would be interesting to hear your take on restaurants in cities around the country. I’m selfish and hate wasting 2 hours of precious time and money on shitty, overpriced food. Thanks Chrissy. You couldn’t be cooler.

25. Charlie June 29, 2011 at 6:47 pm #

Crissy, as has been said repeatedly in the above comments, you are unreservedly hilarious. Reading those 140 characters of yours always bring a laugh forward. And now that you are blogging about food!? Oh goodness…

I must ask though, and this is off-topic, what type of covering/case are you using for your MacBook?

Please keep the fantastic articles coming!

26. Daron June 30, 2011 at 6:48 pm #

You are amazing. Thank you for starting this!

27. Joy August 3, 2011 at 3:53 pm #

Chrissy i love this so much have just been following your tweets…witty by the way and stumbled upon your blog and love it….you are so real about everything….yes why cant spinach cause acne and bacon clear skin? love that you blog from your heart all the stuff i would be saying you say it…..

28. Liana August 17, 2011 at 12:56 am #

how do i send recipes to you? i’ve been taking french cooking classes at a local co-op and there’s a bacon wrapped pork tenderloin with moscat and shallot reduction that is to die for! i’m shouting the recipe from the roof tops!

29. Fineliner July 29, 2012 at 2:20 pm #

Mmm, tasty pictures of the dishes!
    You’re half Norwegian and half Italian, right? Where in Norway are you from/do you have relatives?
    You seem amazing and a really good cook :)

30. amy March 29, 2013 at 2:44 pm #

My family and I are travelling to NYC in June. I want to have one huge splurge meal, where should I go??

31. Leena Vygotsky October 17, 2013 at 6:39 pm #

so you have been known to “throw an entire meal in the trash after plating in completely unjustified insecurity. And I NEVER believe people when they tell me something I made is good” ?
    Gordon Ramsay once said “the best chefs cook each meal as if their lives depended on them”.
    I try to remember that when I throw my homemade cupcakes in the trashbin. Like…”Holy cow, I just put off a bomb……..whew! good thing I noticed that little insignifiant detail from my chocolate icing, I could’ve died ! ” haha

all jokes aside, you rock. I can’t say that insecurities are a positive thing, but your determination WITH those insecurities push you to great things: you are a model, cook and you have a food blog ! You are facing your demons everyday ….Wow !

John is lucky to have a Barbie wife, but with the smarts, hehe

Best of luck
    -Leena
    I wish I were as tall as you so that I could eat more. I am only 5’2. you so luckyyyyyy