Hmmm…

26 Jun

You know what’s lame? The fact that today I have launched this amazing, ground-breaking, one-of-a-kind, world-changing, life-saving food blog, and I’m not even cooking tonight because I’m seeing — get this — “Bad Teacher”. I figure it’s at LEAST the kind of movie I won’t kill myself through. Sure, I have to pretend Cameron Diaz is sexy and Justin Timberlake is a good actor, but I *think* it will fall under the category of “watchable”, and these days, what more can you ask for?

I hope this will hold you over for the night….I am not the healthiest when it comes to eating, but this looks damned good and pretty light as well.

Yumsugar.com is something I will definitely reference a lot here, and thanks to that website, I found out about Freshtart.net, which has the writings of Stephanie Meyer (not vampire Stephanie Meyer) who created the following deliciousness….

…a Vietnamse savory pancake, AKA “Bánh Xéo”

Recipe here: http://www.freshtart.net/Savory-Pancakes-Part-II-Bnh-Xo-Vietnamese-Savory-Pancakes-17857200

Enjoy! Let me know if you make…

18 Responses to “Hmmm…”

1. Izzie June 26, 2011 at 5:02 pm #

Hey Chrissy,

The wrap looks super crispy, yum. Anyway, congrats on starting your blog. Very inspiring to see a model with a big appetite :) No one should deprive themselves, just gotta have discipline. Are you planning to bake much or no?

2. Zee June 26, 2011 at 6:22 pm #

Congrats on blog…My wife is half Viet/Cambodian.Grandma was just here and makes the same dish. Looks spot on. It’s the best ever. Gotta have whole lettuce and cucumbers on side with fish sauce homemade.

3. John June 26, 2011 at 7:04 pm #

Chrissy, since you’re new to blogging, you might not know that you can’t just swipe images from another person’s blog and put them on yours even when with attribution. All photographs are copyrighted by law and unless you have written permission from their rightful owner, you can’t republish them on your blog. I know it’s done all the time, but that doesn’t make it right.

• chrissyteigen June 26, 2011 at 7:17 pm #

well I am linking to their sites so if they’d like to complain, then fine. I post things to twitter all the time. You think people don’t put those photos on their blogs with no links at all? they do. alllll the time.

if anyone complains about me linking to their site, then that’s fine if they don’t wish for the traffic. thank you for the note.

• Josh June 26, 2011 at 7:30 pm #

Not all photos are copyrighted. Pics I take on my phone aren’t copyrighted, but if it’s copyrighted, you either have to attribute, if they’re cool, or pay if they’re ‘holes.

Chrissy, I love that you’re doing this food blog. I can’t afford all the ingredients you use, but the stuff you put on twitter was AMAZING. For you to write in long form about it is awesome! I’m very excited about you doing this!

• chrissyteigen June 26, 2011 at 7:52 pm #

Thanks! Don’t worry — I definitely don’t use pricey ingredients all the time. You’ll see! I’ve just been extra bored and elaborate lately.

And I love hot pockets. : )

• chrissyteigen June 26, 2011 at 7:53 pm #

Oops sorry, someone else wrote about their love of hot pockets. Haha I love hot pockets bur not enough to talk about it out of nowhere.

• John June 26, 2011 at 8:24 pm #

Here’s an infographic that might help: http://blog.piajanebijkerk.com/WordPress/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/imagecreditposter6_FINAL2.jpg

A lot of people post pictures that don’t belong to them all the time, and, as I said, that doesn’t make it right. In your case, I’m concerned about you because of your celebrity status. It would be nice if the image owner simply asks you to take down their pix in case of dispute. But what if they want more? Better not to do it in the first place.

My two cents.

This blog is already shaping up to be a fun read. Would love to see you continue.

• chrissyteigen June 26, 2011 at 8:35 pm #

Listen. If someone wants to have a bitch session over un-copywritten photos that I CREDIT and link to, then I’ll deal with it later.

This is a happy place. Thank you for your concern but no more please. Thank you.

4. London June 26, 2011 at 7:23 pm #

Hi Chrissy! I can already tell your blog is going to be awesome. My lack of food knowledge is illustrated by my reaction of “Oh, fancy Hot Pocket” when I saw this post but I want to start cooking more. I’ll be reading your blog for ideas!

5. Josh June 26, 2011 at 8:34 pm #

I don’t think federal statutes are written that way, but that flow chart is still a fairly good idea. I believe Chrissy’s photos on twitter are great, so she’ll be fine in the end. Once she gets cooking, she’ll have plenty of her own photos, and it won’t be an issue, anyway. I can’t wait. She makes me hungry after I’ve just eaten!

6. Denise June 27, 2011 at 11:48 am #

Hey Chrissy! I’m loving the new blog! I hope to try some of your recipes sometime. I’m a Mexican so I look forward to any Mexican recipes you find delushious! Get it girl!!

Oh and more drinks please, I love alcohol (not in the alcoholic way, in the “I am married and work full time give me a drink NOW” kinda way).

7. Lisa June 27, 2011 at 2:18 pm #

I’m planning to make this tonight for dinner. Any good ideas for a side dish? Thanks! I LOVE your new blog!!

• Lisa June 27, 2011 at 8:09 pm #

Just finished eating this delicious meal! We didn’t have shrimp so I used salmon instead and it was soooo yummy. My family thanks you for finding this easy to make summer meal.

• chrissyteigen June 27, 2011 at 11:42 pm #

Aw great! I will be making soon. I’m not too great with crepes so fingers crossed….

8. Carrie-Anne June 29, 2011 at 9:10 am #

Oh my god I need to eat that immediately. It looks amazing!

9. Amy June 29, 2011 at 9:29 pm #

I just found this blog and I’m giggling and thinking “me too!!” as I read. I really appreciate your honesty and how open you are. Love your spirit! You rock :-)

1. Wow, She’s Just Like Me. Only Better. | Westchester Foodie - June 29, 2011

[...] For those who don’t know, Chrissy is a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model, writer of an awesome Twitter feed and, apparently, quite a good cook. She’s started food blogging at So Delushious, and, like me, is trying to find a balance between a love of food and not getting fat, like me, tries to mix humor in her posts, and like me, marvels at the idea that anyone finds Cameron Diaz sexy. [...]